Fire Mountain?

Old August 3rd 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Default Fire Mountain?

NO. I hate Fire Mountain. I will NEVER give them a cent of my money.
I advise others not to either. Loathesome. There are TONS of other
places to get beads -- just visit my crammed-full studio, jammed with
beads -- and I've never bought from FMG. That'll prove it to you.
Check the Links List for some good resources -- it's on Kandice's
website:
lampwork.net

```````````````````````````
CindyB wrote:
Do you buy from Fire Mountain a lot? I bought some lobster claw clasps
from them and was a bit disappointed. Granted, the price was great but
they just feel cheap. I really need some spacer beads, crystals,
decent findings, etc. but don't have a lot of money to spare. I'm at
the point in my expertise where I feel more confident in using better
quality items. (Stuck with cheap crap while learning.) I'm afraid to
buy something via the internet or catalog and have it end up being
WalMart quality.

Bead stores in my area are practically nonexistent and the one or two
I've found don't have much selection, especially for findings. Until I
start selling, my funds are very limited. Does anyone have any
recommendations for budget conscious quality items? (I know. You get
what you pay for and I understand that. I guess I just want the best
bang for my buck, not necessarily the biggest bang.)

Thanks all!

CindyB

Old August 3rd 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sheri

In article . com,
says...

CindyB wrote:
[...]

I have only purchased display items and storage items from them.. and
have been very happy. I don't purchase other items because I can get
them other places at better prices so I can't comment on the quality of
their beads, stones, and findings
--
Sheri Shanks
http://www.sassiebrat.com
Old August 4th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

It's an ethical question for me. I answered, "No, I will not order
from FMG." Different strokes for different folks. I vote -- I also
consider ethics when I use my checkbook.

``````````````````````````````````
Sheri wrote:
In article . com,
says...

Old August 4th 06, 10:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
mermaidscove_com

Could somebody point out the threads where you talked about this? I am
curious about how they are unethical. I've had trouble with them in the
past but not that kind. I had an issue with a bead being completely
different from one order to the next and went round and round about it,
turns out nobody you can talk to on the phone can physically go look at
a bead.

Ingrid

Dr. Sooz wrote:
It's an ethical question for me.

Becki wrote:
They have a history of bad business practices

Old August 4th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

Ingrid, go to Google (newsgroups) Search and look for FMG ethics
threads in the subject matter on this NG -- not necessarily the subject
line.
It's been discussed many times over the years, but not for a while, so
keep the dates pretty open in your search. You'll see a lot of views
-- pro, con, and otherwise.

Fire Mountain? Campylaura Beads 1 July 31st 06 09:56 PM
Fire Mountain? Patti Beads 0 July 30th 06 06:16 AM
Fire Mountain? Sheri Beads 0 July 30th 06 05:22 AM
number of facets m4816k Jewelry 7 March 26th 05 09:59 PM
Cane Glass from Fire Mountain? Tink Beads 6 July 10th 03 05:50 PM