Dragonfly Kit from Inspirations #41

Old March 16th 04, 06:28 PM
Jeanine3

Default Dragonfly Kit from Inspirations #41

I know there was some discussion of this a few weeks back, but did
anyone ever contact Jane Nicholas for a price on the kit? It's tempting
me...
Jeanine in Canada (who just gave in and ordered the new beetle book by
Jane Nicholas from Amazon... augh!!!!)

Old March 16th 04, 06:37 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Jeanine3 wrote:

I know there was some discussion of this a few weeks back, but did
anyone ever contact Jane Nicholas for a price on the kit? It's tempting
me...

I didn't, but I'd be interested in hearing the answer!
It's absolutely delightful, isn't it? I succumbed to the
temptation to order a bunch of stuff from CB's sale. It was
just too tempting to pick up some of those back issues and
books!

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old March 16th 04, 11:25 PM
Jeanine3

I've faxed off a request for a kit price and what it includes and also
approx. shipping to Canada. Hopefully I hear back soon and I'll let you
know what she says. It's already tomorrow morning there...
Jeanine

Old March 17th 04, 08:53 AM
Lady with Lots of Inspirations

I bought one of these this morning, and it was AU$51, though not sure if
there is postage on top, as chatting with John (Jane's husband) is such a
giggle I clean forgot to ask.

Jeanine - you will adore the beetle book - though John told me there is an
error in it - the Gold Violin beetle has been inaccurately sized....

Cheers

Joanne

Old March 17th 04, 09:09 AM
Jeanine3

Thanks Joanne, what does the kit include? That's about $50Cdn.
I can't wait to see the book - what does "inaccurately sized" mean in
terms of the pattern, I wonder. Can they tell you the correct measurements?
Thanks again,
Jeanine

Old March 17th 04, 01:38 PM
Lady with Lots of Inspirations

Hi Jeanine

I think I was having a blonder than normal day today - I did not ask about
what the kit includes - I assume that it is everything to do the embroidery
featured in Inspirations #41. I know it does not include the music box
thingy as that is sold separately. If you like, I will post again when the
kit arrives and let you know what it includes. Mailing cost to Canada
would be approx AU$10.........(the kit I ordered will be a gift for my
sister in VA - and I hope she is not reading this)

The diagram referred to as inaccurately sized is on pg 263, and the "actual
size" skeleton is huge - about double what it should be, but done in the
size shown you would just end up with a "monster" bug.

Hope this helps you

Joanne

Old March 17th 04, 05:57 PM
Jeanine3

Thanks Joanne. I was wondering about the music box. I don't know if I
really want it but the whole thing is so adorable I may just order it
too just for a different box. I have done several of those clear glass
boxes with XS or beading on the top and was thinking to do the same with
the Dragonfly but maybe not. I faxed off a request for pricing so
hopefully I'll hear soon. Will you stitch the kit for your sister or
give her the whole thing to stitch? LOL! I usually give all the really
beautiful things I stitch to my sister...

Old March 17th 04, 10:20 PM
Lady with Lots of Inspirations

My sister knows that if she has any realistic expectations of seeing a
finished product she will have to wield the needle!

j.