Hi everyone! I'm new :)

Old August 1st 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
glitterophelia

Default Hi everyone! I'm new :)

Hey guys! I'm new to this group and new to google groups in general. I
actually had no idea they even had groups!!

Let's see, a bit about myself. I'm a mama to two boys, age 3 and 1. I
work from home part time for a local software company, and due to
medical issues mostly, my fiance and I started doing some beading on
the side for a bit of extra money. I admit I thought it was going to
be a lot easier than it really is, but I LOVE it. I don't even care
about how easy it is anymore, I'm having too much fun! hehe. You
can see some examples of our work he www.glitterophelia.etsy.com and
I also posted new work at my livejournal he
http://glitterophelia.livejournal.co...92.html#cutid1 (I didn't
think the pictures were quite good enough to post on etsy yet).

I'm definitely interested in learning new techniques. I find myself
paging through the Fire Mountain gems catalog and wondering "how did
they do THAT?" when I see certain pieces of jewelry. It'd also be nice
to talk to others who do beading as a business, as well (though I'm not
sure if this list is for that kind of thing).

anyway, if you have any questions about me, just ask!

Thanks and I look forward to lots of beading discussions!!!

-cherrie

Old August 1st 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Welcome, Cherrie. I'm Barbara, mama to one son, almost 3 1/2.

Barbara
Beader and Polymer Clay Crusader

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Old August 1st 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

*waves* welcome!

Best,
Christine

Old August 1st 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

Hi Cherrie, and welcome! This is a great group, and we share lots of
information about techniques and tools and whatever....just be prepared for
bluntly truthful answers, but then since you say you've noticed " I admit I
thought it was going tobe a lot easier than it really is, but I LOVE it. I
don't even careabout how easy it is anymore, I'm having too much fun! hehe.
" I think you'll do just fine!

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

ps.com...

Old August 2nd 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
glitterophelia

Thank you everyone for the welcome!!

I admit sometimes I do get a bit frustrated, but all in all, it's all
still quite fun. hehe. I think sometimes I take on a bit too much at
once, and I expect it to be PERFECT the first time...and of course
that's not the way things work!

-cherrie

Old August 2nd 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Welcome Cherrie!

Plan on getting hooked! I started out a lampworker, but now I'm a wire
worker, and a seed beader too!!! I think I'm addicted to it all. I just
haven't gotten to PMC or Polyclay yet!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old August 5th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

Hi Cherrie! Welcome to the group!

http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.bridgetownglass.com
On eBay: http://www.snurl.com/1sfe
Old August 5th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

God are YOU ever in the right place! This is the group for you,
indeed. Welcome!

Old August 5th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Su

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:

Welcome, Cherrie. I'm Barbara, mama to one son, almost 3 1/2.

OMG, where does the time go?

Next thing, he'll be driving a car.

-Su