Your American Accent link doesn't work any more.

Old May 6th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

Default Your American Accent link doesn't work any more.

Forget that - I just clicked on that link - it doesn't work anymore

--
Donna in Idaho

Old May 7th 07, 11:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

Default New accent quiz, was Your American Accent link doesn't work any more.

This one told me I had a Midland accent, the newscaster neutral one? Is that
the American equivalent of BBC English?
--
Debi (Southern and proud of it, but apparently sans accent)

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

"John A." wrote in message
On Sun, 6 May 2007 16:35:07 -0600, "Donna Aten"
wrote:

Forget that - I just clicked on that link - it doesn't work anymore

Here's another:
http://www.youthink.com/quiz.asp?act...e&quiz_id=9827

There are probably more out there too.
JSI

Old May 7th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

wrote:

Forget that - I just clicked on that link - it doesn't work anymore

Here's another:
http://www.youthink.com/quiz.asp?act...e&quiz_id=9827

There are probably more out there too.
JSI

Mine is North Eastern!

Now would that be because that is where a lot of the original UK
immigrants landed (just re-reading The Winthrop Woman by Anya Seton),
and the basic English pronunciation has stuck!

Admittedly some were Suffolk (soft lilting accent) and Norfolk
(sometimes difficult to understand), but a lot were well educated and
from other parts of the UK (eg Lincolnshire)
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old May 7th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

I'm Midland -- guess that's because I'm from Cincinnati, shown on the
Midland map.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

ink.net...

Old May 7th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

wrote:

Forget that - I just clicked on that link - it doesn't work anymore

Here's another:
http://www.youthink.com/quiz.asp?act...e&quiz_id=9827

There are probably more out there too.

This one got more specific about where I am.

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the
Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the
Western New England accent that news networks go for.

NightMist
--
Come to the dark side.
We have cookies.
Old May 7th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Kay Ahr" wrote:

I'm Midland -- guess that's because I'm from Cincinnati, shown on the
Midland map.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

I'm also Midland. I was born in Chicago, but I didn't live there past
the age of two. G I lived briefly in Maryland, but I lived in Arizona
from the time I was five until we moved to Nevada in 1999 -- over 46
years!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) embarqmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
Old May 7th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

My grandparents were from Manchester and everyone who met them here thought
they were from Scotland.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old May 8th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

I got the same thing. I am originally from northern Minnesota--an accident,
I'm sure, since I have only truly felt at home in Arizona. Since so many
people from WCCO and KSTP (Minnesota TV and radio stations) have now become
familiar names on national TV and radio, I always thought they looked for
Midwestern accents. Maybe I should be working in broadcasting instead of
patient financial services!

But maybe I would use too many of the "bad" words I learned from my
brothers..........LOL

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old May 8th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

works for me! Must just not like y'all!!!

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)

Old May 9th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

"Sandy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Kay Ahr" wrote:

I'm Midland -- guess that's because I'm from Cincinnati, shown on the
Midland map.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

I'm also Midland. I was born in Chicago, but I didn't live there past
the age of two. G I lived briefly in Maryland, but I lived in Arizona
from the time I was five until we moved to Nevada in 1999 -- over 46
years!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) embarqmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
http://www.sandymike.net

Here we are -- two Midlanders in Nevada!