Quilting Goals for 2007

Old January 24th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

Default Quilting Goals for 2007

Each year, I try to post a thread on quilting goals. Once I figured out
to put "goals" plus the year in the subject, finding the old posts was
much easier! I find it fun to go back and look at past goals, to see how
the year compared to them.

This thread is intended for quilty-type goals.

Apparently, last year's goal was to make 9-patches. Huh. Not a very
lofty goal, and yet... I didn't do it!

Ok, this year's goals:

-Get sewing room set up and finished (painted, design wall hung, stash
storage in same room, cutting table drawers fixed)

-Work on exercises/journal/mini-quilts, whatever you want to call them.
Just little pieces to get the creative juices flowing, and get back into
the groove of making.

-Teach a class or workshop.

There's mine. Where's yours?

Wendy
Old January 24th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I'm more than delighted to say that this year I have virtually no
specific goals. I'm just going to take things as they come. I'll be
working on four or five things - but with few, if any, deadlines (though
I will have to check the proofs promptly - but that's all!)
Sounds like a sabbatical, doesn't it? g
..
In message , frood
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 24th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maria in NC

Here are mine:

Finish my Women of the Bible Quilt (top at least)

Work on my other sampler quilts: Civil War Diary Quilt, Sylvia's Bridal
Sampler, Dear Jane

Finish at least one UFO per month.

Make all my cards.

Give hand-made gifts only (as much as possible)

Finish all BOMs I started in 2006 (I am currently debating if I allow
myself to start the new Debbie Mumm BOM).

Maria

---
Maria Cherry
remove the penguins
http://community.webshots.com/user/mcherry1508

*****
"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats."
(English Proverb)

Old January 24th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carissa

I have cut out everything for butterfly stars, so goal one is to create that
beastie. I have also cut out everything for a quilt for my daughter, so
that is goal two. That one is easy though, so good for mindless, "I'm
avoiding papers" type of day lol. Its just a bunch of quares sewn
together. Goal three is to at least plan something for that asian stuff I
collected... and that christmas stuff lol. And if I find wayyy to many
many papers to avoid, I would love to make a srcappy star type quilt, maybe
out of the flannel plain (or is it brushed cotton) type of fabric for my
sister.

Carissa (avoiding papers as we speak lol)

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Butterflies are not insects, they are
et...

Old January 24th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

Ok, I'll bite! My goals for 2007 a

1. Put the binding on the purple and green star swap quilt for my
daughter.
2. Finish the black/white/red swap quilt top for my son, possibly have
it quilted.
3. Finish the black/white/red tumbling block quilt for my niece or
nephew to be.
4. Quilt the penguin wallhanging for my mother.
5. Finish the blocks for the 2006-2007 BOM.
6. Finish the batik star top by finding just the right sashing,
backing and border fabrics.
7. Get the first quilt top I ever made quilted!
8. Do the Turning Twenty quilt top that I have the fabrics and pattern
for.
9. Figure out how to start a quilting class and teach it! (I'll take
help on this one!)

Ok, that's a lot of stuff already. And it doesn't even include all of
the charity quilts I'll be making with my ladies group, and the art
quilt I really want to make for my MIL.

Now that I have committed it to "paper" I guess I have a reason to
actually do it all!

Dannielle

Old January 24th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr

Here are my goals for this year:
1. Finsh Granddaughter's quilt
2. Finish Grandson's quilt
3. Make daughter & son-in-laws wall hanging
4. Finish my Welcome wallhanging - including the snowman part that can be
buttoned on
5. Finish 3 Spanish Crosses wallhanging - crosses are done in redwork -
that part is finished, just needs border, sashing, etc.

The first 2 I hope to have done within the next month. They are cheater
panels, but they have turned out to be major problems. Of course the fact
that I am tired of fooling with them has nothing to do with it. Right now,
I just want them finished.

Sherry Starr

Old January 24th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Single bed quilts for the DDs and finish my RCTQ BOM (year before last)
Christmas quilt.

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)

Old January 24th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

My goal for 2007 is to complete the quilt for my bed. So far I've finished
the blocks, now I must put it together and to hand quilt it this year!!! If
I get all this done, everything else is just gravy ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old January 24th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

So, Pat, your goals are to enjoy the
HOBBY of quilting, relax, and to rest on
your well earned laurels? Sounds like a
good plan to me! PAT

Old January 24th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

Ok here goes:
1. Finish my son's fleece quilt
2. Make a gift for my son's school counselor -- who has gone so many
extra miles for my ungrateful kid that she deserves more than just a
quilt
3. Make one "Something" that I can enter in my guild's fall quilt show
without embarrassment

Sunny