OT useless silly

Old December 15th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Default OT useless silly

You can go to http://ww2.howmanyofme.com and see how many people there are
with the same name you have. We have no idea why anyone would care or why
anyone would bother to gather and sort such information. For reasons totally
obscure to me, there is only one Polly Esther.

Old December 15th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
You can go to http://ww2.howmanyofme.com and see how many people there are
with the same name you have. We have no idea why anyone would care or why
anyone would bother to gather and sort such information. For reasons
totally obscure to me, there is only one Polly Esther.

Well OF COURSE there's only one Polly Esther!

I don't need a web site to tell me there's too many people with my name. I
have three sisters-in-law. Two of them have my name. When the second one
married into the family, I strongly encouraged her to keep using her maiden
name, but she didn't take the hint.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old December 15th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

OK, I'll make a bet there isn't another one of me before I check. Here I
gooooooo.............

Old December 15th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

HA! It says no one has my first name (not surprising) AND no one has my
last name. Hummmmmm. Should I tell DH??
(I did read that 1 0f 10 won't be included in the names.)
KJ

Old December 15th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
You can go to http://ww2.howmanyofme.com and see how many people there are
with the same name you have. We have no idea why anyone would care or why
anyone would bother to gather and sort such information. For reasons
totally obscure to me, there is only one Polly Esther.

Well OF COURSE there's only one Polly Esther!

I don't need a web site to tell me there's too many people with my name. I
have three sisters-in-law. Two of them have my name. When the second one
married into the family, I strongly encouraged her to keep using her maiden
name, but she didn't take the hint.

My sister Michelle didn't go back to her maiden name on her divorce,
because my brother married a Michelle. We have to resort to nicknames
anyway to tell them apart, but it's still confusing. Can't call Michelle
Mrs. H either, because I kept my name and my mom answers to that too.
Nicknames are a wonderful thing. We call them Mitch (sister-in-law) and
Mikey (sister). My brother demanded to be called Alice for a little, but
it didn't stick. I call him Yard-ape instead.

-georg
(don't care if he is the father of 3 and 30-something- he's still
Yard-ape to me)
(and I am definitely the only Georg)
Old December 15th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

well there is no one else with my name combination in the USA however
Thompson is the #17 surname and Jessamy is a common US surname for some
reason I can't fathom LOL

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old December 15th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

There are 35 folks with my name! Yikes! I actually met one back in PA --

My family also had a run on names...

My sister was a Karen ...
My older brother married a Karen...
My younger brother married a Karen...

So we had 3 with the same name... in one family! Talk about confusing!

Kate in MI

Old December 15th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"Kate G." wrote in message
There are 35 folks with my name! Yikes! I actually met one back in PA --

My family also had a run on names...

My sister was a Karen ...
My older brother married a Karen...
My younger brother married a Karen...

So we had 3 with the same name... in one family! Talk about confusing!

Kate in MI

I know the feeling -- my one sister-in-law who isn't a Kathy is a Karen.
*sigh*

Old December 15th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Polly Esther wrote:
You can go to http://ww2.howmanyofme.com and see how many people there are
with the same name you have. We have no idea why anyone would care or why
anyone would bother to gather and sort such information. For reasons totally
obscure to me, there is only one Polly Esther.

No Swindells - I am unique. However over here, although not a common
name in most of the country there are hundreds in Cheshire/Derbyshire.
Obviously the past generations have stuck to that area.

Same goes for my name before I was married, and my mothers maiden name too.

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
Old December 16th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

You can go to http://ww2.howmanyofme.com and see how many people there
are with the same name you have. We have no idea why anyone would care
or why anyone would bother to gather and sort such information. For
reasons totally obscure to me, there is only one Polly Esther.

There are none of me.

There is also no Zaphod Beeblebrox. Where have you people *been*?

And no Ford Prefect. It *was* surprising that nobody had the first
name "Ford".

But reassuringly, there are six people in the US called Jesus Christ,
nobody called either Satan or Beelzebub, Condoleezza Rice doesn't
exist and there's only one Dick Cheney. We've got him outnumbered.

Silly question Cryn Quilting 73 May 28th 04 04:20 PM
OT Silly, Silly Gender Test Karen_AZ Beads 23 April 26th 04 10:47 PM
Silly "problem" Els van Dam Yarn 12 January 21st 04 03:30 AM
Silly Question! Jan and Ron Rubberstamps 3 November 26th 03 05:12 PM
OT.Ballerinas, too silly! Gillian Murray Needlework 0 November 15th 03 02:14 PM