Juki TL-98QE Sewing Machine

Old January 7th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
patslag

Default Juki TL-98QE Sewing Machine

Does anyone have this machine? My 45 year old Singer finally went to
the Big (and hopefully much cleaner!) Craftroom in the Sky and I was
thinking about this machine.it's onsale at Joann's for $599. Any
thoughts would be appreciated. Patti

Old January 8th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I've often seen this machine mounted on the table top quilting set ups.
Like the Handiquilter for instance. That seems like a good price from what
I've seen at quilt shows. I always thought it would make a good back up
machine. I like the thread cutter feature.
KJ

oups.com...

Old January 8th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

I purchased one last spring. I still have my regular machine, (an aging
Pfaff that I am trying to keep working as long as possible), as the Juki is
only a straight stitch machine. It is easy to control, and comes with all
the quilty attachments that you might need. I don't use mine in a frame,
but DH adapted my table so that it can sit flush, so it is easier to machine
quilt. It does come with an extension table, so it is easy to use anywhere.
This was the first time I had made a large purchase online, but was quite
happy with the delivery and machine. I got mine from
www.SewUnbelievable.com NAYY. It came with a $300 shopping spree from
Superior Threads. They have a set of threads already chosen for you, or you
can select your own (that is what I did, as some of the threads were for
sergers and bobbin work).
Their shipping was fairly fast, and they have some hints online to help you
get the machine ready to sew.
You might want to compare shipping costs etc.
--
Susan in Zephyrhills FL
finally back to quilting
oups.com...

Old January 9th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T

I have one on my grace frame. I've taken it off a couple of times for
making purses - it sews through thickness better than my Elna - but for
the most part it just quilts. I got it two years ago for almost two
hundred more than that. That seems like a really good price.

Tricia in TX
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii