OT please sign your posts

Old October 15th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T

Default OT please sign your posts

Thank you Julie and Sally.

Tricia

Sally Swindells wrote:
I wish I could figure out how to do that in Thunderbird. I have tried
over and over and it never works!!!

Tricia in TX (really close to Houston)
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Have just tested how I did it, and it worked:

1 Write how you want your siggy in a Word doc. and save as Plain Text.
(It may say you will lose the formatting on it etc. but save it that
way anyway!)
2 Click on News Account in Thunderbird.
3 Then in Accounts click on View settings for this account.
4 Attach this signature - tick the box
5 Click the Choose button
6 Find where you put the siggy in Instruction 1. Click on Open
7 Hey presto - that location is now entered in the little box and your
siggy will automatically appear when you reply to someone. It goes
under the message you are replying too, so don't forget its there!

I'm not using Thunderbird at the moment because, having been good for
5 weeks it has suddenly decided that I want 25,000 messages downloaded
every time, and somehow a superfluous heading has appeared under News
Account called News, which wont go away despite having been deleted.
Was spending too much time on sorting it, so have reverted to old
trusted Free Agent till I find the solution.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old October 15th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T

Default OT test

Testing your instructions.... thanks again, Sally!

Tricia in TX

Old October 15th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

A&T wrote:
Thank you Julie and Sally.

Tricia

Sally Swindells wrote:

I'm not using Thunderbird at the moment because, having been good for
5 weeks it has suddenly decided that I want 25,000 messages downloaded
every time, and somehow a superfluous heading has appeared under News
Account called News, which wont go away despite having been deleted.
Was spending too much time on sorting it, so have reverted to old
trusted Free Agent till I find the solution.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

I had another try and it behaved itself. Wanted to download three
million messages, but settled for 1,000, and then I was able to mark all
as read, and start again. (I had already read everything in Freepost).

So, fingers crossed, we have normal Thunderbird.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk) test
Old October 15th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article . net,
A&T wrote:

Testing your instructions.... thanks again, Sally!

Tricia in TX
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Looks to me as though Sally's instructions worked, Tricia!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 16th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tricia

A&T wrote:

Tricia in TX (really close to Houston)
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Got a boat ready to escape the floods Tricia????

Another Tricia (this one in MI)

Old October 16th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T

Yes. We have decided to sell the house and buy a houseboat!!

It has rained 8 inches since yesterday, and it's still raining!

Maybe I'll build an ark. Was wondering if the other Houstonians or
almost Houstonians were flooding.

Tricia in TX

Old October 17th 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jacqueline

OK I agree about the posting a name, and I am going to have to figure
out how to do that because I thought I had this program set to
automatically post my signature but I noticed lately it doesn't. Maybe
that happened when I upgraded, so any message I sent with no name I am
sorry for. I did find where to change my signature and added where I
am from.

You all have a great day while I test to see if my signature shows up
and will be getting off because of storming here in KY.
Jacqueline from Kentucky
http://www.mountain-breeze.com
Recipes and other fun things
Old October 17th 06, 07:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michele

After you have bought the houseboat can we all take a ride with you?
You can go coast to coast and visit all of us. We will have grand
parties for you with lots of chocolate and champers, maybe some
strawberries too!!!!!!!

Michele

Old October 17th 06, 07:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Fey

Us Aussies would be happy if you just sent the rain!
(well maybe some choccies too)
Fay

http://community.webshots.com/user/unclefay
Remove spamenot to reply.

Old October 17th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

How cool is that? Just be sure the boat
is large enough for your SM. You will
probably have to lighten the stash