Need help with Toyota KR501 Ribber

Old September 9th 05, 11:50 AM
RJ Squirrel RJ Squirrel is offline
Junior Member

Default Need help with Toyota KR501 Ribber

I'm a newbie Machine Knitter, having bought a KS901 machine and KR501 ribber on ebay about 9 months ago. The KS901 works great, but every time I try to use the ribber, I end up breaking or bending needles and going nuts. I've checked the assembly, and I believe I'm following the instructions correctly, but I can't figure out why the needles are jamming.

Does anyone have any wisdom (or suggestions) to impart regarding this?

(I've already installed new Sponge Bars for both the Knitter and the Ribber.)

Thanks.

Last edited by RJ Squirrel : September 9th 05 at 03:15 PM.
Old September 13th 05, 02:31 AM
Trixie

You have to ensure the beds are lined up perfectly---try different
yarns too and weights are very important.

Old September 13th 05, 07:21 AM
V. Paino

Check with the manual that you have received the correct clamps, etc., with
the machine. You might find something useful on ribber adjustment in the
files if you join the Knittingmachines list -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Knittingmachines/

I have never had a Toyota, so I can't give you any specific help there.
With your ribber, with all needles in work do not try to use any yarn
thicker than one that would knit to a handknitting tension of 30 stitches to
10cm, and around 26/28 stitches to 10cm for 1 x 1 rib, until you are more
experienced and know that you have everything working correctly.

Old September 13th 05, 07:40 PM
Trixie

This place used to specialize in Toyota machines:
http://www.newtons.com/
I'm in Toronto canada and they helped me over the phone to check to see
if my machines were working correctly before I placed an order for
additional accessories--at the time, I had NO knitting machine
knowledge whatsoever--they were extremely helpful to me.

I have two Toyota machines and adore them---once you get it up and
running, you'll love it!

Anyone here know about Toyota Elena Auto 7? GailM Machine Knit 19 December 10th 12 05:02 AM
Ribber Jamming Joy Hardie Machine Knit 3 December 19th 04 12:33 PM
Newbie with a ribber, keeps jamming! Please help steel breeze Machine Knit 1 November 1st 04 02:50 PM
Toyota KS901 Betsy Machine Knit 3 April 20th 04 01:52 PM
ribber combs reltuc Machine Knit 0 September 25th 03 02:38 PM