OT, to gain a little insight into your creative mind

Old March 8th 05, 06:35 PM
Stephanie

I'm not a christian but:
Anything with the Virgen of Guadalupe on it
Rosaries (I figure when I am a bag lady it's a collection I take along
with me)
Also:
Jewelry
Pretty shiny rocks and glass and things that I put in the pots with my
cacti

Old March 8th 05, 06:39 PM
Sarajane Helm

well, ther's my rubberstamp/ matrix tray collection from ReadyStamps....but
we're not really talking about TOOLS, or beads, we already have that as a
given !!
So, there's musical instruments and assorted noisemakers, books, leaded
crystals, small purses, boots and shoes, fabric and lace, (and many of
these things find their way into our work, directly and by way of influence)
Sarajane

So----
*What Do YOU Collect?*

Please, keep it not-too-long....I realize for some of us, who collect
EVERYTHING under the sun, the list is quite huge. But it might help us
all learn about each other better if we keep it to our Top Thousand
Collecting Jones.

Ready? GO!!! (And I mean everybody! It helps the doldrums to think
about this stuff, right?)

Old March 8th 05, 06:47 PM
Sarajane Helm

ooops...I forgot to add cobalt and other blue glass.
AND I'm noticing a lot of us have books!!!!

SJ

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message new
*What Do YOU Collect?*

Old March 8th 05, 07:04 PM
Kalera Stratton

I do have a can of Hormel Potted Meat Food Product... I have to replace
it now and then because they expire. One of the ingredients is the
mysterious "Partially Defatted Pork Fatty Tissue", and another is
"Mechanically Seperated Chicken". It should have a big "DO NOT EAT"
warning label!

I also have a big can of "Multi-Purpose Food", a box of "Sliming Herb",
some grass jelly, some yam jam, and a can of Aunt Penny's White Gravy.

I know what you mean about the accidental collections; I have a special
affinity for turtles, which my family takes to mean that I collect
turtle stuff. I don't. Well, not voluntarily.

Lori Greenberg wrote:
Kalera, you crack me up. Promotional Pork Slogans and Amusing food? You
must have a can of potted meat then. (that's a real thing, isn't it?)

I've been trying hard to *not* collect things. I don't really have any
collections other than frogs because I said I liked them once and now get
them occasionally. Be careful of what you gush over as a gift because you
might end up getting them year after year! I had to stop that chain once,
but that's another story.

So, I've tried not to accumulate because with 2 kids, the house starts to
shrink. I do like to collect funny word-isms (which I've called
Indiana-isms because it seems like my relatives from there do it the most).
Things like "bordello" mushrooms instead of portabello. "mannuerisms" (said
like anuerism) instead of mannerisms. Or words used in the wrong context (I
just typed that 'cotext'....see what I mean?) Of course, I collect them in
my head and they disappear...they really take up little room that way. )

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old March 8th 05, 07:05 PM
Kalera Stratton

I am right now picturing you as a bag lady with a ton of rosaries and a
shopping cart full of Virgin of Guadalupe candles...

Old March 8th 05, 07:06 PM
Kalera Stratton

Yes... I didn't mention the books! Argh. I actually have been on a
mission for several years to pare back my books, but I am giving up and
just buying another bookshelf.

Sarajane Helm wrote:
ooops...I forgot to add cobalt and other blue glass.
AND I'm noticing a lot of us have books!!!!

SJ

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message new

*What Do YOU Collect?*

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old March 8th 05, 07:12 PM
Stephanie

Wouldn't I be the coolest bag lady?

And how could I forget: I collect purses!

Old March 8th 05, 10:01 PM
Arondelle

Kalera Stratton wrote:
I know what you mean about the accidental collections; I have a special
affinity for turtles, which my family takes to mean that I collect
turtle stuff. I don't. Well, not voluntarily.

I once had a huge collection of owl stuff. I had an encounter with a
snowy owl (musta been lost to have ended up on the roof of my dad's barn
in Massachusetts) who let me get very close, indeed. I made the mistake
of telling a friend or two about this, and for years afterward was
buried in owlish collectibles and jewelry.

There are worse things to accidentally collect than owls, I suppose, but
it was the shear *volume* of incoming knick-knacks. To counter this, I
announced that I was collecting dragons, wizards and gargoyles (which
were hard to find at the time), and the flow suddenly ceased.

Arondelle

Oh,yeah -- I'll have my list of things I DO collect as soon as I find
the top post again.
To email me, empty the pond with a net

Old March 8th 05, 10:13 PM
Polly S.

Lori Greenberg wrote:

Indiana-isms because it seems like my relatives from there do it the most).
Things like "bordello" mushrooms instead of portabello. "mannuerisms" (said
like anuerism) instead of mannerisms. Or words used in the wrong context (I
just typed that 'cotext'....see what I mean?) Of course, I collect them in
my head and they disappear...they really take up little room that way. )

"bordello" mushrooms hahaha I love those mushrooms and will probably
never think of them the right way again!

One of my pet peeves, and its not a funny one, is people saying
'supposebly'. I want to yell "Supposebly? Supposebly? Its supposedly!!!"
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh running away!

I do not know why that one bothers me so much. =)

--
Polly
---
Old March 8th 05, 10:21 PM
Polly S.

Dr. Sooz wrote:

I know that the things I collect influence my beadwork. For instance,
the black and white vintage photos I gather compulsively make their way
into my jewelry, and other things do too. So----
*What Do YOU Collect?*

Does anyone like ms piggy stuff? My mom often brings me odd stuff from
who knows where and she brought me a (plastic) Ms Piggy in a (heavy)
metal (not heavy-metal) pink car... marked 'Made in Great Britain'
'Corgi' and 'Henson Associates 1979'.

Anyone want it or know someone who would? =) email me

It doesn't go with my dragonflies!

ok back to the hospital (errr birthing campus!).

--
Polly
---