rolling sewing machine tote

Old January 26th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
threads

Default rolling sewing machine tote

I am wondering what you all think is a good price for a rolling tote
for a sewing machine. I have the 6600P which is a little longer than
say a Bernina so I can't use the tote I use for my Bernina 910.

Thanks,

Marsha in nw, Ohio
Old January 26th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

I got one at JoAnn's Fabrics last month, regularly priced at $90 but
on sale for $45. I'm pleased with it.
Old January 27th 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

I bought the same one, but I bought it this month & I think I paid $40 for
it. It has lots of extra zippered containers to hold your supplies. I
bought it for my FW, but I'm pretty sure I could get my Viking in it as
well.

DH bought me a Bernina rolling tote a few years ago. It's fine for my
Viking, but if I had my 'druthers, I'd get one of those ToTo? or TuTu? bags.
They collapse & fold down flat, plus I think the wheels roll better than
most any other bag.

Pauline

Old January 27th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

I just bought a Tutto rolling tote and absolutely love it! All 4 wheels
roll in all directions. My DH likes it because he's the one that carries my
machine out to the minivan for me and it's not nearly as heavy as the case I
had. (Can't roll it now with all the snow and slop on the ground - we don't
have sidewalks out here in the country!) They are more expensive, but I was
able to get mine through the store that I do a newsletter for at a very good
price.

Donna in Idaho

Old January 27th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Yeah, that's the only problem. There are so many zipper pockets, I forget
where I put what so I have to go through every pocket to find my foot pedal,
cords, etc., etc. But, that's a small price to pay for the convenience of
an easily pulled and pushed tote! :-)

Donna in Idaho

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Oh, that's cool, Donna.
Look at all that storage!
http://www.planetpatchwork.com/tuttoreview.htm

R/Sandy

Old January 28th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

I have the one from JoAnn's ... it was on sale ($40 with 50% off coupon) and
I needed *something* - so far, so very good. It's taken oodles of abuse
without so much as creak or a whimper.

Another idea, especially if you're a DIYer or your machine is too big for
the average tote, the latest issue of Sewing Savvy (NAYY, of course) has a
DIY sewing machine tote ... and the example machine looks to be one of those
(yummy) longarm machines (or something VERY similar - or at least, whatever
it is, it dwarfs my precious SM). All you need is the fabric and a luggage
dolly type thing. If you're interested, I can scan it and e-mail the
directions to you ... just let me know.

Good luck!!
--
Connie
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com

Old January 28th 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lobo

Take the measurements you need to the hardware and tool department and see
if there's something there ... I've seen great rolling tool chests that are
perfect for sewing machines for about $25.
Lob
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old January 28th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Can't remember where I heard this - maybe even here on rctq, but someone
said they use a rolling cooler for a sewing machine tote.

Donna in Idaho

Old January 29th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Thanks for the link, Rag. I was a little startled to see that "MY" SM model
is the one pictured in the advertising, BUT the model number is not on that
chart! So, while I see my model will fit the carrier, I do not know WHICH
size carrier. Come on!
PAT in VA/USA