OT Ladies Only 2

Old November 7th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default OT Ladies Only 2

At risk of boring some of you to tears, here's the final report on
disappearing eyebrows. I didn't want to look like Tammy Faye, am a chicken
about tattoos - for 2 reasons (1) I'm a coward and (2) what if they gave me
that 'surprised' look some folks wear that looks like they just swallowed a
live goldfish ?, and I wasn't interested in competing with the jr hi gaggle.
Some of you confessed (or bragged) that you swabbed some of your hair
color over your eyebrows. Aaaack! The warnings on hair color about doing
your eyebrows with that stuff are much scarier than Rowenta telling you not
to iron your clothes while wearing them.
So. As promised, here's the end of the pursuit. Our Patti of the
soon-to-be reality Murphy's Paw in Seattle suggested that I try Paintbox
from Sephora. Desperate, I ordered the 'blonde'. You stroke on the powder
with a brush (no pencil) and then finish it with a brush of wax (doesn't
show, holds just fine). I love the look. Being a great-grandmother doesn't
mean that you can't continue to win the beauty contest down at the Feed
Store on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Big hugs to Patti, this is a super
solution. Polly

Old November 7th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Glad that worked out for ya!

I hate that surprised look. We try darn hard to keep some emotions off our
faces. We don't need any help looking shocked at what life has to offer.

Cindy

Old November 7th 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

I couldn't decide whether the surprised look was better expressed by
swallowing a live gold fish or realizing that you just sat on a puddle of
fishing worms. Either one would be quite a surprise. Polly

Old November 7th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Polly, where do you find that? I looked online and couldn't find such
a beast exactly as Paintbox by Sephora. Can you help me with a link. I
also could use a bit of help at that 3rd Thursday Feed Store beauty
contest.

Sunny

Old November 7th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Polly, where was the spew warning ?????

Glad I have learnt not to drink anything while reading the newsgroup,
especially Pollys posts.

Dee in Oz

Old November 7th 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

you lot can keep it.
i'm just gonna stop going to the feed store on any day.
argh, old age sucks at the best of times.
'n' i'm not all that sure it does beat the alternative.
fast losing it,
jeanne

"Sunny" wrote...

Old November 7th 07, 06:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

me two! I'm also gonna stop going to the hairdresser who put supposedly
*permanent* hair colour in my hair just afore I left for Canada. Permanent
my asterisk!! My hair is now back to it's reg'lar shade of grey-brown.
$120 for something I could have done for $15 gosh durn it!!

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z37/shazrules/

Old November 7th 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita in MA

Forgive me for questioning you, Polly, but did you mean "Smashbox"
rather than "Paintbox"? If so, then (for Sunny) one can get it from
Sephora or from QVC or probably from other places but I stopped looking
once I got to QVC. Looks to be the same price both places. I have a
few other Smashbox products and like them very much. I think I will now
invest in this one.

Rita L.

Old November 7th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

Sephora http://www.sephora.com/ is a cosmetics store, I have a feeling Polly
meant "Smashbox". It's a brand developed by the son's of Max Factor and the
brow stuff is called 'Brow Tech' $24, The angled brow brush #12 is $12. I
love this product and it last for a *LONG* time. Some of the higher end
department stores (Nordstrom has the Smashbox brand) you can also order it
from the Sphere store if you don't have one near you. Smashbox has their own
website and they mail order as well. The little pot of this product lasts
me a good two years and stays put all day.

www.smashbox.com Right now they have a special that includes the Brow Tech,
the brush, mascara and a sample of their Foundation Primer ( I love this
primer and have been using it for about 5 years, makes your skin look smooth
at a baby's bottom under your foundation all for the same price as the Brow
Tech alone.

QVC also carries Smashbox products.

NAYY, just a long time Smashbox user,
Val

ups.com...

Old November 7th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

My goodness, yes, Rita. I meant Smashbox. Please tell us about the other
Sephora you've tried. I'd never heard of that company and am curious about
what else is going on there. Polly

"Rita in MA" wrote Forgive me for questioning you, Polly, but did you

Hi Ladies Bonnie NJ Quilting 24 December 21st 06 08:44 PM
OT - Little Old Ladies Sherry Starr Quilting 4 July 15th 06 05:11 PM
Ladies, I need your help LauraEG Quilting 10 March 1st 04 01:50 PM
Hi ladies, it is me Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 4 January 5th 04 08:42 PM
Red Hat Ladies OT Steve & Susan Wright Beads 7 August 15th 03 02:34 AM