Block sashing

Old October 18th 07, 09:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Default Block sashing

I have blocks from the European Block swap last year and a club swap this
year added to them. My focus fabric is a dergy batik which you might be able
to pick up. The photo is lighter than they are unfortunately.
My request to you all is what colour sashing would you use to bring all
these blocks together?I might even have to go shopping in my jammies for
this.They should hopefully be here.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...02302597cqCoIm

--
Estelle UK
My photos http://community.webshots.com/album/...YNZKnf?start=0

Old October 18th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I don't have the answer, Estelle. I don't even know what 'dergy' is.
However, you'll just need to audition some colors to see what creates the
mood you are looking for. Put a piece of soft green up on your design wall
or your table or bed and place some of the blocks on top so there's just an
inch or so of the green peeking out around them. Try black, then watermelon
pink. Purple. If you stash isn't big enough, go get your shirts ( or
DH's). Your blocks have so many colors and styles going that there probably
are going to be several colors that will call to you. This is my favorite
part of quilt design; have fun. Polly

Old October 18th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I got some small pieces of fabric out and tried them against the screen!
First time I've done that and it was great.

I tried a black, navy, red-purple and blue-purple. They all looked just
fine; though, as you said the colours are darker than they appear, that
might be a bit dark overall?

Then I tried a blue-turquoise and a more green turquoise, mid value.
They looked better than the dark, and the whole thing lit up -
especially with the more greeny-peacock-y colour. Only thing was, I
couldn't quite picture it with the vivid red/pink?

Not a lot of help at pinning a colour down, but might give you something
to consider.
..
In message , Estelle Gallagher
writes
I have blocks from the European Block swap last year and a club swap this
year added to them. My focus fabric is a dergy batik which you might be able
to pick up. The photo is lighter than they are unfortunately.
My request to you all is what colour sashing would you use to bring all
these blocks together?I might even have to go shopping in my jammies for
this.They should hopefully be here.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...02302597cqCoIm

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 18th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

When I looked at it, the red wanted to spread itself throughout the quilt.
What about that as a sashing?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 18th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

I have just taken another picture of the blocks and they are nearer the
colours. The dark red /peacock colours seem to stand out to me,but I do love
Purple. Take another look if you want!!
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...02302597QkXEvv

Old October 18th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...02302597QkXEvv
Hello Polly. these are nearer the true colours and Dergy might mean more to
you as it could be construed as depressing. ! Lol Maybe sludgy would be a
better description for the colour. I am having fun on the lounge floor
anyhow!

Old October 18th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Definitely a mottled black! Maybe a tone-on-tone or one with a trace of
tans in it? Blacks always make a quilt look so rich and elegant!

Leslie (opinionated!), Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 18th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Yellow.

Or a light green.

These are, indeed, dark and rather dreary color combinations; need some
light to liven it up, some clear colors, which will work just fine
w/ batiks; no more muddy colors, please. g

Good luck!

R/Sandy

Old October 18th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon

On Oct 18, 9:47 am, "Estelle Gallagher"
wrote:
I have just taken another picture of the blocks and they are nearer the
colours. The dark red /peacock colours seem to stand out to me,but I do love
Purple. Take another look if you want!!http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...02302597QkXEvv

"Estelle Gallagher" wrote in message

I have blocks from the European Block swap last year and a club swap this
year added to them. My focus fabric is a dergy batik which you might be
able to pick up. The photo is lighter than they are unfortunately.
My request to you all is what colour sashing would you use to bring all
these blocks together?I might even have to go shopping in my jammies for
this.They should hopefully be here.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...02302597cqCoIm

--
Estelle UK
My photoshttp://community.webshots.com/album/560964896YNZKnf?start=0- Hide quoted text -

I would go for the red sashing for a *wow* look ... or cream for a
more subtle, softer look. If it was my quilt - red all the way. :-)

Sharon (N.B.)

Old October 18th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I'd definitely go for red. Deep, vibrant red. I love it.

Sunny

Sashing help MaleQuilter Quilting 9 August 16th 07 09:15 PM
Fun with striped sashing [email protected] Quilting 0 April 19th 07 04:31 PM
Sashing Bonnie Patterson Quilting 2 May 13th 06 04:47 PM
Sashing Dustbunny \(Christina in OK\) Quilting 2 October 15th 03 07:49 PM
How to cut a narrow sashing? Kirsten Bjorneboe Quilting 2 October 13th 03 08:25 AM