Treadle sewing machine

Old July 28th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default Treadle sewing machine

Okay, my cyber friends!
this is up on eBay. I had it bookmarked, then it was relisted at a
lower [!!] price. I have wanted a treadle for so long. My sister has
my mother's and won't allow me to have it ;( "It's a nice reminder of
when things were simpler"

Should I bid on it? Santa Maria is not that far from me - about 100
miles.

It's a short-time listing, and that is probably a good thing for me,
so I don't lose a lot of sleep on it. Don't know anything about this
brand but the cabinet is in real good shape!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Davis-Se...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for looking,
Ginger in CA
hmmmm a road trip??

Old July 28th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Shoot, at that ridiculously low price if you didn't use it for anything more
than a pretty sofa table or end table it would be a gem to own. I say go
for it! I *love* playing around with my Singer treadle- I always get the
giggles when I get out of 'proper' treadling rhythm and it starts sewing in
reverse at the very least expected time. LOL They *are* terribly heavy...
and the cost of gasoline to fetch it and do you have a large enough vehicle
to transport it would all have to be factored in, of course....

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

ps.com...

Old July 28th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Chris Underwood

"Ginger in CA" wroteDon't know anything about this
brand but the cabinet is in real good shape!

Ginger - I've got a Davis Treadle and its a WONDERFUL machine! See the
little button above the tension knob? That is a reverse button - a reverse
button on a treadle! And what they mean by "vertical feed" is that it
doesn't have any dogfeed... it has a 2 piece foot that WALKS! Go read about
them on ISMACS then buy it!

--
-:¦:-
·.·´¨ ¨))

Old July 28th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Looks like it has 2 screws in back that would be easy to undo so you could
box the head separately like mine does. Take a STACK of pillows to set
around everything, even if you saved a box or two (I set mine on a pillow
then put pillows around it and on top inside the box so it couldn't move.
Moved without any glitches

HTH
Butterfly (I'd go for it)

Old July 28th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

One day I just might have to invite one of those treasures to come live with
me. Go for it! Polly

Old July 28th 07, 06:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

$45 bucks is a steal - go for it. The pick up will make a nice drive.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old July 28th 07, 07:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

ooooh, you guys are such enablers, the whole lot of youse!!!!

I drive a Mazda Tribute, so I believe it would fit in with seats down.
What do you think? I have reason to go up there, so picking it up can
be combined with several stops.

Here it is at 11:30PM on a Friday night, after a tough day at work,
and I am thinking about treadles Not even sure where I would put
this beauty, but would definitely rearrange room for it! Like Ms
Flutterby says, lots of pillows. And, dang it, unless she tells me
otherwise, this little beauty of a machine will be named Maria when I
win her!

okay, I need to go to bed now!
Ginger in CA
ah! the full moon! that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

On Jul 27, 7:50 pm, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Shoot, at that ridiculously low price if you didn't use it for anything more
than a pretty sofa table or end table it would be a gem to own. I say go
for it! I *love* playing around with my Singer treadle- I always get the
giggles when I get out of 'proper' treadling rhythm and it starts sewing in
reverse at the very least expected time. LOL They *are* terribly heavy...
and the cost of gasoline to fetch it and do you have a large enough vehicle
to transport it would all have to be factored in, of course....

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Ginger in CA" wrote in glegroups.com...

Okay, my cyber friends!
this is up on eBay. I had it bookmarked, then it was relisted at a
lower [!!] price. I have wanted a treadle for so long. My sister has
my mother's and won't allow me to have it ;( "It's a nice reminder of
when things were simpler"

Should I bid on it? Santa Maria is not that far from me - about 100
miles.

It's a short-time listing, and that is probably a good thing for me,
so I don't lose a lot of sleep on it. Don't know anything about this
brand but the cabinet is in real good shape!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Davis-Se...e_W0QQitemZ200...

Thanks for looking,
Ginger in CA
hmmmm a road trip??- Hide quoted text -

Old July 28th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Ginger in CA wrote:
Okay, my cyber friends!
this is up on eBay. I had it bookmarked, then it was relisted at a
lower [!!] price. I have wanted a treadle for so long. My sister has
my mother's and won't allow me to have it ;( "It's a nice reminder of
when things were simpler"

Should I bid on it? Santa Maria is not that far from me - about 100
miles.

It's a short-time listing, and that is probably a good thing for me,
so I don't lose a lot of sleep on it. Don't know anything about this
brand but the cabinet is in real good shape!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Davis-Se...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for looking,
Ginger in CA
hmmmm a road trip??

Go for it! This VF machines are neat, and that's a pretty example.
Then join us at Treadle On!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old July 28th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ginger in CA wrote:
ooooh, you guys are such enablers, the whole lot of youse!!!!

I drive a Mazda Tribute, so I believe it would fit in with seats down.
What do you think? I have reason to go up there, so picking it up can
be combined with several stops.

Take the head out and box it up with lots of padding! You only have to
stop suddenly to have 45lbs of metal falling on you...

Here it is at 11:30PM on a Friday night, after a tough day at work,
and I am thinking about treadles

Damned good time to dream, I say!

Not even sure where I would put
this beauty, but would definitely rearrange room for it! Like Ms
Flutterby says, lots of pillows. And, dang it, unless she tells me
otherwise, this little beauty of a machine will be named Maria when I
win her!

Just put it where you can use it with minimal shifting of stuff!

okay, I need to go to bed now!
Ginger in CA
ah! the full moon! that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

You don't need an excuse. It's a sewing machine, OK?

Old July 28th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

I hope you are Rose7463 because she bid on the machine. Go for it anyway if
it is not you.

You will never forgive yourself if you don't!