OT Need a Beauty Tip

Old June 23rd 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Default OT Need a Beauty Tip

Patti wrote:
There's a good girl gg
I'm on the Simple 'Regeneration' at the moment!! Plus I have the
'miracle' Boots serum! Will you notice a difference in August? I
sincerely doubt it!!
.
In message , Sally Swindells
writes
Patti wrote:
Find a great moisturiser (for yourself, not just the adverts) and
*use* it!

The 'Age Perfect' went on as soon as I'd showered this morning!

Thought of trying the Boots stuff when my current jar is finished. Saw
the TV programme where they actually said it worked.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old June 23rd 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Laugh and smile often! Smile lines are beautiful.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
I am trying to enter all the monthly competitionsmy local Womens Institute
have this year, but am stuck on 'Universal Beauty Tip' as I don't 'do'
beauty.! (My limit is a bit of lippy and a squirt of sun block).

As its 'Universal' I'm sure that someone has a wonderful tip!! The July
talk is by a Beauty Consultant (no doubt trying to sell as well!) hence
the themed competition.

All tips appreciated - thanks.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Like that - how true. Smiley eyes are beautiful too.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old June 24th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elizabeth Young

Think really hard about all the stuff on the vanity and ask yourself
"When was the last time I moved that bottle?" If you can't remember -
throw it out! If you can't bear to part with it, put it in a box for 3
months and if the box remains closed - throw it out!

liz young in sunny california

Old June 24th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

I love this woman!

Thanks, Pol. I *try* to remember to wash my glasses first thing
every morning but sometimes they do indeed look like they've been
spat upon my llamas... several times.

Beauty tip: wear a hat; add sunglasses. ;-P

Cheers!
R/Sandy-- picturing Polly picking blueberries in her snazzy gold bracelets
to get ahead of the game ;-)

http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...69752892NEUXir

On 6/22/07 3:42 PM, in article , "Polly
Esther" wrote:

I don't quite know if a funny answer would be helpful - maybe this is a
'very serious' area. Naturally, I do have a beauty tip from an elderly aunt
that works great. It was her theory that nobody would notice how old and
ugly your hands were if you wore beautiful rings. She had some rings that
were dazzling. For sure, nobody ever noticed whether she actually had
fingers or not.
Advancing the notion of detracting, I've found that lovely earrings will
massively improve a bad hair day. Somehow, people see the earrings and
don't notice the droopy coiffure. When my arms are bruised (happens now and
then like when I'm attacked by violent twigs when picking blueberries), I
put on my snazzy gold bracelets.
If you get to say more words on the subject, grubby jewelry won't work.
A gentle polishing does wonders. If you wear eyeglasses, have you looked at
them lately? I often wonder how some people can even see through their
lenses. It's hard to think someone's face is beautiful when they've topped
it off with a pair of glasses that look like they've been dipped in flour
and oil and are ready for the frying pan. Polly

"Val" wrote in message

Use pink light bulbs and hide his glasses

Val

Old June 24th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Remember those products have a 'shelf life'. I can't use any so I don't
remember how long.other than eye products have the shortest.

Butterfly (Eucerin is the only one on my nightstand..not even lipstick,
anymore)

. net...

Old June 24th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Oh good one Miz Butterfly!

The standard recomendation for eye make up is to throw it away six
months after opening it. The worry is germs and bringing those germs
close to your eyes. I generally don't follow that unless I have one I
have been using very frequently during that six month span.
As I recall the same recomendation goes for lip products.

Of course if you get sick you probably want to replace your eye and
lip makeup immediately.

As with most things, manufacturers recomendations are not very
helpful. You don't know if they are genuine recomendations, or them
just trying to cover their butt in case of lawsuit. Common sense is
required.

NightMist

Sally Swindells wrote:
I am trying to enter all the monthly competitionsmy local Womens
Institute have this year, but am stuck on 'Universal Beauty Tip' as I
don't 'do' beauty.! (My limit is a bit of lippy and a squirt of sun
block).

As its 'Universal' I'm sure that someone has a wonderful tip!! The July
talk is by a Beauty Consultant (no doubt trying to sell as well!) hence
the themed competition.

All tips appreciated - thanks.

--
Come to the dark side.
We have cookies.
Old June 25th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Nightmist, I think I want to have a closer look at your quilts! You
are making gothics???? Right????? My sons are after me to make some
anime quilts and wall hangings, but I'm worried about copyright stuff
and all that.

Anyway, beauty tips.... Only have one: At all costs, avoid the sun.
Wear 45 or higher SPF on your face and hands and any other exposed
skin every day. Wear hats. The one thing that will age your skin
faster than anything else is sun exposure. Since I had to start
avoiding the sun for health reasons (makes me really sick these days),
my skin has softened and now looks positively rosey. I get compliments
all the time and people want to know what "product" I use. When I tell
them the only thing I put on my skin is sun screen, they are always
disappointed. Oh well..

Oh, and good lipstick.

Sunny

Old June 25th 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 02:23:52 -0000, Sunny wrote:

Nightmist, I think I want to have a closer look at your quilts! You
are making gothics???? Right????? My sons are after me to make some
anime quilts and wall hangings, but I'm worried about copyright stuff
and all that.

Well, I do use a LOT of black. It makes the brights and jewel tones
just sing. I am also drawn to orientals. Of course some of the first
patterns I consider for any project are things like flying bats, devil
claws, darts of death, etc. Usually I get over it. (G)

Unless you are planning to start a production line, I wouldn't worry
over the copyright. If you are not selling it, or mass producing it,
or doing something that would be in direct competition with licensed
products, it is not infringing on the artist's rights. I understand
that this is an area of constant confusion, mainly I think because
there are so many different types of intellectual property and
different ways to use them. A pretty constant rule of thumb though, is
creating your own product for your own use is not a violation.
Regardless of what the RIAA tells you.:/

Now you have me thinking about doing a Seshomaru quilt. DD3 would be
_so_ thrilled.

NightMist

--
Come to the dark side.
We have cookies.
Old June 25th 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Sunny wrote:
[...]

Thanks - living on the coast sun-blocker is essential - also one
application per day isn't enough - even with our strange April-like
weather at the moment. (April was like July!)

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old June 27th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article , Patti
wrote:

Find a great moisturiser (for yourself, not just the adverts) and *use*
it!

'Round here (Florida) it's moisturizer AND sunblock (SPF45+) ... you
wouldn't ask why if you'd seen some otherwise very lovely ladies
walking around looking like cheaply made alligator bags while still in
their 30s!

What's very funny is that the average "local" here only has the barest
of a tan! They are usually the ones you see wearing SPF60 and
slathering it on ....
.
In message , Sally Swindells
writes

NY Beauty. Sally Swindells Quilting 15 May 29th 07 08:44 AM
ny beauty quilt Pat in Virginia Quilting 7 August 3rd 05 03:16 PM
Welsh Beauty bdiane Quilting 3 February 6th 05 08:22 PM
Beauty is Soft Christina Peterson Beads 2 December 16th 04 01:25 PM