Finished AND quilted!

Old June 17th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default Finished AND quilted!

That means a lot to me, coming from you! Thanks!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Sandy" wrote in message
In article L9cdi.107332$n_.89478@attbi_s21,
"KJ" wrote:

I finished off my little applique project from the Sharon Schamber class
took at Paducah THIS year. (I still have a project from last year...or
was
it the year before?...layered and awaiting quilting.)
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257OyjIsy
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257grmDnj

It looks like I should take a photography class next. My photos leave a
lot
to be desired. Oh well.

You did a beautiful job on that quilt, Kathyl! Both the appliqué and the
quilting are just lovely!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) embarqmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)

Old June 17th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I hope Karen McTavish knows I'm no threat!!!! Ah, one look at my work would
make it apparent. Thanks for your comments Heidi!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Heidi from Germany" wrote in message
Very beautiful , and great McKathyling g
I want to try that sort of quilting on my next quilt, I hope it turns
out as good as yours !
Heidi from Germany

"KJ" schrieb:

I finished off my little applique project from the Sharon Schamber class I
took at Paducah THIS year. (I still have a project from last year...or
was
it the year before?...layered and awaiting quilting.)
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257OyjIsy
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257grmDnj

It looks like I should take a photography class next. My photos leave a
lot
to be desired. Oh well.

http://home.vrweb.de/~hbquilts/
mail: please remove quilt from address

Old June 17th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

It's about 16" square. My small group buddies wanted me to make blocks for
a bed quilt! HA! The number of hours I spent on this one square is pretty
daunting. Thanks for your kind comments. :-)

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Patti S" wrote in message
Kathyl, your piece is just as charming as can be! The colors are
delightful, and I really like the pattern, and the quilting really
enhances the applique. I'm curious about how big this is? Great job!

Patti in Seattle

Old June 17th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Thank you Shirley, what a nice thing to say!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
That is beautiful, I wished I was as good as you.
Shirley

In message L9cdi.107332$n_.89478@attbi_s21, KJ
writes

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk

Old June 17th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Yep, that dotty fabric adds pizzazz. I like how the
flowers look lively ... not static at all ... even
though this is a rather formal block. I think that is
because of the variety of fabric and the casual
placement of each one. Good job, Kathyl!
PAT in VA/USA

KJ wrote:

You know Roberta? I think that's the part I'm most proud of! The class
list said to bring browns for stems, but I chose the dotted fabric instead.
It seems a bit more whimsical. I may try to stick some black and whites
into my quilts whenever possible. I like the look.

Old June 17th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Thanks so much Pat! I appreciate your comments. You're right, this is a
formal block and not one that I would normally have looked at twice. But
the fabrics made it a lot more fun...the polka dots, and the bright bright
yellow for the background added a lot of zip.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old June 17th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Thanks Kay! Once in a while I get it just right! I like the little dots
too.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
Niiice!! The little polka dots sure make the difference!

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old June 17th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Thanks!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Oh! Lovely!

R/Sandy

Old June 17th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Thank you Donna. My applique is much better than my quilting....but I do
think I'm finally improving.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Donna in NE La." wrote in message
How pretty--both the applique and the quilting!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old June 17th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Kathyl it's beautiful. I was so looking forward to seeing how you would
quilt it. That quilting is really lovely - whatever it's called!

And there's nothing at all wrong with the photography - at least you
have taken them and got them onto a sharing site, which is more than I
have done.
So, good for you in every respect.
..
In message L9cdi.107332$n_.89478@attbi_s21, KJ
writes
I finished off my little applique project from the Sharon Schamber class I
took at Paducah THIS year. (I still have a project from last year...or was
it the year before?...layered and awaiting quilting.)
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257OyjIsy
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257grmDnj

It looks like I should take a photography class next. My photos leave a lot
to be desired. Oh well.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

2 completely finished, 1 1/4 finished, and the monster only needs binding and a label!!! off kilter [email protected] Quilting 1 May 8th 07 09:31 PM
Quilted Diamonds AliceW Quilting 16 August 23rd 06 12:35 PM
hand quilted! Roberta Zollner Quilting 11 December 2nd 04 09:31 AM
santa's quilted shhdesigns Quilting 3 October 14th 03 02:03 PM