kaleidoscope quilt

Old April 18th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy W

Default kaleidoscope quilt

Hi all,

I would love to make a Kaleidoscope quilt and can't seem to be able to find
a pattern with templates to go with. Does anyone here know where I could buy
a set? I don't want to use cardboard or any thing flimsy for the templates,
so I don't want to make my own.

Thanks,
Judy

Old April 18th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

I have the Quilt-in-a-Day Kaleidoscope
http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponline/rulers_display.asp?i=708. Is
that what you are looking for? It is not a template as such, but allows
you to cut the triangles with the correct angles from strips; the width
of the strip determines the size of the triangle and thus the finished
block, so it is more versatile than a template for a single size.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old April 18th 07, 08:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I know that rulers exist (I bought them for a friend over here, but they
must have come from the US!). They come in different sizes (angle of
wedge). Perhaps you could try looking for those. A kaleidoscope pattern
itself shouldn't be too difficult to find. I can't, for the life of me,
remember who is specially known for kaleidoscopes. It could be Karen
Combs? Paula Nadelstern?
..
In message et, Judy W
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old April 18th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

It's Paula N. but her approach is very artistic and individual, requiring
that you create your own templates. Here's the one I made.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...38007762EOOBpK

Karen, Queen of Squishies

.

Old April 18th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Beautiful, Karen.
..
In message uNnVh.61487$_c5.33340@attbi_s22, "Karen, Queen of
Squishies" writes

Old April 18th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Here is the Traditional Kaleidoscope Block at Quilter's
Cache:
http://www.quilterscache.com/K/KaleidoscopeBlock.html
You would have to make your own templates.

Here are metal templates for a Traditional Kaleidoscope
Block from Quiltsmith:
http://www.ardcotemplates.com/blocks1.shtml
This has a selection of sizes.

NAYY. PAT

Old April 18th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita in MA

I purchased a set of rulers from this site:
http://softexpressions.com/software/...chKKrazy.htm#l

NAYY It was just a whim :-) Service was good and delivery was fast.

Rita L.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ggollymm
Old April 18th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ms P

I just took a class last night where the "kaleidoscopes" are four patches.
They make for endless setting choices. I don't know what the pattern was
called though.

Ms P

Old April 19th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I was just about to suggest that. Before you get into a really complicated
kaleidoscope, play with a just plain four patch. Cut each of the four
squares from an identical repeat. It's fun, not tedious and will give you
an idea of how the procedure works. With posies or pigs, the 'coming
together' of it is just delightful. Polly

Old April 23rd 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy[_2_]

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I might try the 4 patch and see how it
turns out before I get into the real thing.

Judy