A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Craft related newsgroups » Rubberstamps
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Transfer Coin / Token Impressions to Rubber Stamp Form... Couldsomeone inform me as to how it might be possible to transfer the impressionon a coin (actually, small brass arcade tokens) to a functional rubber stamp?I wish to do exactly this with

Old July 29th 05, 03:50 PM
Barbara Hass
external usenet poster

Default Transfer Coin / Token Impressions to Rubber Stamp Form... Couldsomeone inform me as to how it might be possible to transfer the impressionon a coin (actually, small brass arcade tokens) to a functional rubber stamp?I wish to do exactly this with

Fritz Wuehler wrote:
I would actually prefer to have this service performed for me, so if anyone could make a referral, please reply with contact information. Thanks. I am sure that others would appreciate hearing about your own personal tips and techniques in this thread should you wish to share your experiences, however.

Thank you.

Anonymous Token Possessor Who Hates Google Groups

You might want to consider moldable foam tips or mats from Clearsnap.
Here's just the first web site I clicked on when I did a google search:
http://www.rubberd.com/stylus.htm

There are lots of other sites online describing these tools. You heat
the foam, then press it over whatever you want to make a stamp of (your
tokens, in this case), then stamp! I've never used them myself, but
this might be a good, possibly cheaper, alternative to having permanent
stamps made of your tokens.

Barbara

Ads
Old July 31st 05, 09:13 PM
Dr. Sooz
external usenet poster

~ You might want to consider moldable foam tips or mats from Clearsnap.
~~~~~~~~
But you see, the lettering would be mirror-image (neg) if you did that.

All in all, it's not a good idea. Copyrights, backward words, etc.....