rolling sewing machine tote

Old January 30th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

Default rolling sewing machine tote

Oh, I wouldn't trust my SM in the case if I were to, say, take it on a plane
with me. As long as *I* have my eye on it, and I'm in charge of taking it,
placing it, and securing it, it's fine. When it comes to my SM, I'm *that*
anal, that I know that if it's in my custody the entire time, nothing will
happen to it (I'd probably take a bullet for it! LOL!).

I don't like the wheels and I really don't like that it's so flimsy feeling.
And the amount of space for notions and cutting mats leaves a LOT to be
desired -- but then, I usually take a tote bag or laptop case with me
anyway, for retreats and classes and such.

It doesn't seem too well designed/thought out -- they should have had a
quilter design it ... we'd make sure that a rolling tote would be able to
take at least half our stash and a week's worth of chocolate, delicately
cushioned and kept at the perfect temperature!

And of course, plenty of room for those odd FQs and half yards that always
seem to find their way traveling home with us!!
--
Connie
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
news
I have a rolling case from JoAnne's too. It is okay, but there are a few
features I would not choose again. The handle is only on the top. This

means
I can't stack another case AND lift by the handle for stairs or car trunk.

would prefer two handles, on the short sides, for reason just stated and
because it is easier/safer to lift with two arms. JMO. I really like that
Too Too (?) Case!
PAT

"SewVeryCreative" wrote in message
I have the one from JoAnn's ... it was on sale ($40 with 50% off coupon)
and
I needed *something* - so far, so very good. It's taken oodles of abuse
without so much as creak or a whimper.

Old January 30th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Pat, I'm not Sandy, however . . .

I put my machine in the Tutto in it's birthday suit because there isn't room
for the case - I bought the medium size Tutto. However, there are straps
that belt the machine in quite snugly. There is something to be said for
not having too big a case. When I used the big black monstrosity, there was
too much room & I would fill it so full it was even heavier to carry.

Donna in (SW) Idaho

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
news
Sandy:
Thanks. Do you keep the SM in its own case inside the Tutto, or do you put
it into the Tutto in its birthday suit? Sorry if this invades your SM's
privacy, but I am just wondering the best way to maximize space with out
compromising SM safety.
PAT in VA/USA

"Sandy" wrote in message news:invalid- I hope
you find out which one Philomena Pfaff needs, Pat. I love my
Tutto bag! I bought the large one, even though my machine would have fit
the smaller one; I can get lots of fabric and notions in there when I
need it all for a class. I've never found a bag that rolls more
smoothly, either.

Old January 30th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Connie:
I would not put an SM in checked baggage either. I would not take Pfilomina
Pfaff as carry on because it would be difficult to lift into the overhead
bin. I MIGHT consider taking Isaac FW Singer in a light canvas case so I
could CAREFULLY slide it under the seat, or lift into the bin. When I travel
by plane, I don't go places where I'd need an SM. Big quilt shows either
have the SM included in the class fee or have them available for rental.
Either way would be fine for me. When we travel in the car, I sometimes take
the FW in the Joanne's case, with out the official FW case. I just pad it
out with fabric and so on. This works nicely for me.

Old January 30th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Good point, Donna! After all, if we over load our cases and cause shoulder
or back injury, our quilting time and fun will be shortchanged! PAT

Old January 30th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Pat in Virginia" wrote:

Sandy:
Thanks. Do you keep the SM in its own case inside the Tutto, or do you put
it into the Tutto in its birthday suit? Sorry if this invades your SM's
privacy, but I am just wondering the best way to maximize space with out
compromising SM safety.
PAT in VA/USA

Pat, the poor thing has to go naked. blush However, the case it came
with was only a canvas thing, so it wouldn't add much protection anyway.
There are straps inside the Tutto bag, so my lovely 630 is held quite
firmly in place -- I have no doubt about its safety.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old January 30th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

There is no doubt in my mind that your sewing machine gets
out more than I do Sandy. lol
Taria

Old January 31st 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article cT3oj.11405$fs4.3459@trnddc02,
Taria wrote:

There is no doubt in my mind that your sewing machine gets
out more than I do Sandy. lol
Taria

LOL! It does get out about 2-3 times a year, other than for its annual
servicing. G The rest of the time it's housebound, and I try to keep
it busy enough that it won't get cabin fever.

Old January 31st 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G. in CA

Pat - I would use the case for my Pfaff. My other machine, a Janome 3018,
doesn't have a case so it goes in naked ::blush:: It manages just
fine........I didn't even know there were straps so it would go in without
being belted down. Naked AND loose!!!! LOL!

Joann Fabrics now carries Tutto cases on their website. With a 40% or 50%
coupon, it's a good deal!

Happy Shopping!
Laurie

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Laurie:
Thanks. As I mentioned to Sandy, I wonder if it is best to load the SM
with its own case, or without the SM case. I am concerned with safety,
storage, and weight.
PAT

"Laurie G. in CA" wrote in message
Pat - My Pfaff 2056 fits in the medium bag but with no room for anything
else. I have the large and can put mat, cutters, rulers, fabric, mini
iron, etc in it. It is easy to overload making it harder to lift bg so
I really try to take it easy. I also have the serger case which is
perfect for fabric, and/or projects or clothes, should I need those
too!!!!!

Your machine should fit just fine in either the medium or the
large........

Laurie G. in CA with a HOT PINK Tutto!!!!!

Old January 31st 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Pat in Virginia wrote:
I have a rolling case from JoAnne's too. It is okay, but there are a few
features I would not choose again. The handle is only on the top. This means
I can't stack another case AND lift by the handle for stairs or car trunk. I
would prefer two handles, on the short sides, for reason just stated and
because it is easier/safer to lift with two arms. JMO. I really like that
Too Too (?) Case!

One of my cases is from JoAnns and it does have two handles on the short
sides, I think you just have to see what is available. It's taken quite
a beating too, I've dragged it several blocks on foot, over speed humps
and whatnot.

Anne
Old January 31st 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

My original JoAnns rolling case doesn't have handles on the short sides, but
the one I purchased recently does - as well as all the separate storage
containers packed inside, that slip over the rolling handle. I like my new
one better.

Pauline
Northern California
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
news
I have a rolling case from JoAnne's too. It is okay, but there are a few
features I would not choose again. The handle is only on the top. This
means I can't stack another case AND lift by the handle for stairs or car
trunk. I would prefer two handles, on the short sides, for reason just