OT Ladies Only 2

Old November 7th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

Default OT A rose by any other name was OT Ladies Only 2

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Funny how we each have different reaction to a name. I
grew up on Long Island in New York and know Sag Harbor,
NY is a VERY posh town in the Hamptons. So I never get
the Sag idea ... only the posh idea.
PAT in VA/USA

I thought "Sag" was shortened from something else (from an Indian name??)???
I never thought it was REALLY "Sag" Harbor ...

Hugs!
Connie

Chipper wrote:

Paintbox?? Isn't that evocative... :P In terms of what it does for the
flagging ego, it's right up there with "Sag Harbor".

chipper (not so)

Old November 7th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default OT Ladies Only 2

Polly, I'm SO glad the Smashbox worked for you! I've used their
eyebrow
stuff for a loooong time and I just love it. Sephora is a great
website. I "shop"
there quite a bit, as I am also a "bath product" junkie.

Thanks for the update!
Patti in Seattle

On Nov 6, 9:12 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
At risk of boring some of you to tears, here's the final report on
disappearing eyebrows. I didn't want to look like Tammy Faye, am a chicken
about tattoos - for 2 reasons (1) I'm a coward and (2) what if they gave me
that 'surprised' look some folks wear that looks like they just swallowed a
live goldfish ?, and I wasn't interested in competing with the jr hi gaggle.
Some of you confessed (or bragged) that you swabbed some of your hair
color over your eyebrows. Aaaack! The warnings on hair color about doing
your eyebrows with that stuff are much scarier than Rowenta telling you not
to iron your clothes while wearing them.
So. As promised, here's the end of the pursuit. Our Patti of the
soon-to-be reality Murphy's Paw in Seattle suggested that I try Paintbox
from Sephora. Desperate, I ordered the 'blonde'. You stroke on the powder
with a brush (no pencil) and then finish it with a brush of wax (doesn't
show, holds just fine). I love the look. Being a great-grandmother doesn't
mean that you can't continue to win the beauty contest down at the Feed
Store on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Big hugs to Patti, this is a super
solution. Polly

Old November 7th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I have a lot of clothing that is Sag Harbor brand name. Now every time I
wear one of them I'll be thinking 'saggy' thoughts! LOL Not sure I
appreciate that....

--

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.
leslie AT spunkyladycreations DOT com

Old November 7th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

"KJ" wrote in message
Sounds more like a company name for larger sized bras.

Huh, must be the brand I've been buying......I wear a 38 XL ( Extra Long)
*sigh*

Val

Old November 7th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

No, no ... think POSH!
PAT, NAYY!!

Old November 7th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Meandering

On Nov 7, 12:12 am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
[...]

Polly,

You have to be the most fun sounding GreatGrandma I have ever heard.
What a wonderful view of life you have!!! I understand why you do not
want to have the "caught" Lucille Ball look. (spelling??)

Glad Patti pointed you, and some of the rest of us, in the right
direction. It raised more than a few eyebrows in the group I'm sure.

{:-)

Marsha in nw, Ohio

Old November 7th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. (groan) 500 points for that one. Polly

"Meandering" wrote, in part Glad Patti pointed you, and some of the rest

Old November 8th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anastasia Luettecke

I'm 36 and have a horrid acne problem. Sephora sells a product by
Philosophy called "On a Clear Day." It's the only stuff I can use to clear
my face up. All of the other products either leave me with chemical burns or
are just too weak to do the job.

They sell a kit that contains the cleanser, a "serum" of sorts for problem
spots, a pot of hydrogen peroxide cream (stuff is wonderful) and a sort of
finishing/protecting cream. Used together, they've made me far more
confident about my appearance than I think I've ever been.

Might be an idea for someone, especially if you have teenagers who are stuck
with severe acne. The product is very gentle except for the serum, which is
alcohol-based. If I'm ultra-sensitive on a particular day, I skip that
step.

Happy customer, no affilliation:

Anastasia

--waiting for the Dell guy to fix her desktop computer...
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
My goodness, yes, Rita. I meant Smashbox. Please tell us about the other
Sephora you've tried. I'd never heard of that company and am curious
about what else is going on there. Polly

"Rita in MA" wrote Forgive me for questioning you, Polly, but did you
mean "Smashbox"
rather than "Paintbox"? If so, then (for Sunny) one can get it from
Sephora or from QVC or probably from other places but I stopped looking
once I got to QVC. Looks to be the same price both places. I have a few
other Smashbox products and like them very much. I think I will now
invest in this one.

Rita L.

Old November 9th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anastasia Luettecke

I failed to mention that you can pick up the individual pieces of that kit
separately, too, which is a plus. I seem to run out of each item at a
different time and it would be a pain to have to buy that whole kit every
time I did that!

Anastasia

--who is looking sadly at her craft table and wishing it weren't covered
with textbooks, school papers, and research. She just might clear it off
and sew something today...

Hi Ladies Bonnie NJ Quilting 24 December 21st 06 08:44 PM
OT - Little Old Ladies Sherry Starr Quilting 4 July 15th 06 05:11 PM
Ladies, I need your help LauraEG Quilting 10 March 1st 04 01:50 PM
Hi ladies, it is me Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 4 January 5th 04 08:42 PM
Red Hat Ladies OT Steve & Susan Wright Beads 7 August 15th 03 02:34 AM