Help finding fabric

Old November 2nd 07, 07:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John McKinnon

Default Help finding fabric

A HUGE thank you to everyone for your help. We seem to know what the fabric
is called now, which is great. But I have only found that one site with it
listed and it's sold out. Anyway, I have a few ideas, and will start
ringing around Spotlight stores here in Oz today, and see how I go. I have
their catalogue number which might help.

My DW was looking at the fabric last night and said "it's just too nice to
cut up John!" LOL So if I can't find the yardage I need, we might just
make this into a rather gorgeous throw, and quilt around some of the
wonderful lines. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Thanks again for all your help, and welcome back comments. I won't be here
often, as I just don't have time to read the posts - I can't even keep up
with work email let alone my personal ones!

A big hug and thanks to you all, but especially Kay and Connie! I just
"knew" someone would know it! LOL

John
Armidale NSW
Australia

Old November 2nd 07, 09:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Lancaster

Don't suppose you'd come help me keep track of my stash, would you? Your
powers of recollection are AMAZING!!

Mind like a steel colander, that's me! g Don't ask me where my car keys are,
but I can remember the name of a fabric pattern...

(actually, I loved it as soon as I spotted some, but had to think about it for
a few weeks until I decided exactly what I wanted... which made remembering
the name useful.)

Kay

Old November 2nd 07, 12:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Oh no, John! sigh. They are listed as no longer in stock. Why don't they
take the lovely pictures down then. grrr

Karen, Queen of Squishies

The fabric you're looking for is at
http://www.quilterstudio.com/Fabrics62.htm - they have Jewel, Amethyst and
Indigo.

And Kay's absolutely right - it is part of the Florentine Collection by
Kaufman ... the colorway is named "Jewel" and the product number is
APTM-5086-1.

Again, Kay was right - it is called the "Mosaic!" Yay, Kay!!

Hope this helps!!

Connie

Old November 2nd 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Thanks! So glad to see them, they're all great quilts. I really love the
multicolor Celtic knots!
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap

"Debra" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:39:14 +0100, "Roberta Zollner"
wrote:

I could only see the 3 fabric photos -no quilts. Glad
to hear you're still quilting!
Roberta in D

Direct link to the quilts album
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...97966085UvMyry
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Old November 2nd 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote in message
Oh no, John! sigh. They are listed as no longer in stock. Why don't

they
take the lovely pictures down then. grrr

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Crap ... I just assumed they'd sell it if they had the pictures ... at the
very least, they could have said "Out of Stock" on the same page, instead of
makin' you click on it, all excited, only to be disappointed!

I'm sorry I got your hopes up for nothing, John!!!

---
Connie

Old November 2nd 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
Don't suppose you'd come help me keep track of my stash, would you? Your
powers of recollection are AMAZING!!

Mind like a steel colander, that's me! g Don't ask me where my car keys

are,
but I can remember the name of a fabric pattern...

Pfft ... I locked my keys in a runnin' car the other day. Can you beat
that?! Oooh! How 'bout this: my daughter's best friend for the last two
years is named Coral - boy, do I adore that child!! - and Coral's over at
our house most of the week (sleepovers, "play-dates," etc) and I kept
callin' her "Crystal" all week!!

I'm lucky if I can remember my age (usually have to do the math - take
hubby's age and subtract 3), much less a fabric pattern!!

I do get mental shorts, though, where my pathetic memory gets stuck on a
fabric line(s) - right now it's "Sanctuary" and "Allspice Tapestry" by Moda.
I've been trying to remember the name of another collection I want to buy,
but all I can remember is "S" and "A/T!" So, I've bought the same durn
collection 3 times now!! Arrghh!! What's REALLY sad is that each time I
bought it, I congratulated myself on finally rememberin' the fabric I wanted
to buy!!

(actually, I loved it as soon as I spotted some, but had to think about it

for
a few weeks until I decided exactly what I wanted... which made

remembering
the name useful.)

Ugh ... if I remember something for longer than a few days, it gets stuck
and I can't remember anything else!!!

That really is a gorgeous fabric - can I ask what you did with it? Pictures?

---
Connie

Kay

Old November 2nd 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Lancaster

That really is a gorgeous fabric - can I ask what you did with it? Pictures?

Nothing, yet. (Unfortunately, life gets in the way g)
What I've got pictured in my minds' eye is something rather
similar to one of the Houston Quilt Festival quilts... photo 8
he
http://www.chron.com/life/photogalle...how.html#_self

My initial inspiration was Elizabethan knotwork garden forms.
Plus I'm nuts about complex fabric designs, but won't wear them... quilts
are a good vent for that sort of thing.

Kay

Old November 2nd 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
That really is a gorgeous fabric - can I ask what you did with it?

Pictures?

Nothing, yet. (Unfortunately, life gets in the way g)

Yep, it always does ... if I don't "put my foot down" and hold my breath
until I get to quilt (usually accompanied by a loud screechin' voice that
sends dogs and children packin') I'd NEVER get to sew! It's nice to know I'm
not alone!

What I've got pictured in my minds' eye is something rather
similar to one of the Houston Quilt Festival quilts... photo 8
he

http://www.chron.com/life/photogalle...t_Show.html#_s
elf

Oooh ... the pelicans? Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the quilt on number 7,
too, though it's not my style (I could NEVER design one like that - too
complicated for my li'l ol' brain - the math it would take is just too
staggerin' to think of!!).

My initial inspiration was Elizabethan knotwork garden forms.
Plus I'm nuts about complex fabric designs, but won't wear them... quilts
are a good vent for that sort of thing.

Yep ... I wear nothin' but t-shirts and jeans - while I'd love to wear
"quilted" duds, I could just NEVER carry it off (I'd feel like a pig wearin'
a silk gown)... but that's just me.

Now, my DD loves to wear the fancy stuff - and she looks durn good in'em,
too. Obviously, she didn't inherit my genes in that area!

---
Connie

Kay

Old November 3rd 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"John McKinnon" wrote in message
A HUGE thank you to everyone for your help. We seem to know what the

fabric
is called now, which is great. But I have only found that one site with

it
listed and it's sold out. Anyway, I have a few ideas, and will start
ringing around Spotlight stores here in Oz today, and see how I go. I

have
their catalogue number which might help.

I'd haunt eBay, if I were you ... IRC, you can even set eBay to let you know
when someone sells that fabric by tellin' eBay a few keywords .... did that
a few years back, so I can't remember HOW. : /

My DW was looking at the fabric last night and said "it's just too nice to
cut up John!" LOL So if I can't find the yardage I need, we might just
make this into a rather gorgeous throw, and quilt around some of the
wonderful lines. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Thanks again for all your help, and welcome back comments. I won't be

here
often, as I just don't have time to read the posts - I can't even keep up
with work email let alone my personal ones!

I hear you! Even when it's slow work-wise, I usually get at least 100-150
SPAM e-mails a day. Tho it's SPAM, I still have to make sure it isn't a
client tryin' to talk to me!

A big hug and thanks to you all, but especially Kay and Connie! I just
"knew" someone would know it! LOL

I didn't do a durn thing 'cept a quick-y Google search once Kay identified
the fabric line ... the credit goes solely to Kay!

Land's sake, I didn't even realize that the one shop was out of stock!

Big ol' quilty hugs right on back!
Connie

John
Armidale NSW
Australia

Old November 3rd 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

John: I think your DW has the right idea. It is great
to see you here again. Don't be a stranger now, ya hear?

PAT in Virginia

John McKinnon wrote:
[...]

Help finding a fabric! [email protected] Quilting 1 January 30th 07 03:32 AM
Help finding fabric [email protected] Quilting 8 November 21st 06 06:07 AM
Need help finding fabric Patti S Quilting 12 November 6th 06 02:13 AM
Need fabric finding help Tina Quilting 7 January 2nd 06 02:31 AM
Finding Fabric HELP! Lilacfairymoon05 Needlework 11 August 5th 03 04:38 PM