Newcomer

Old August 30th 07, 10:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Default Newcomer

Hi Elly. Welcome from sunny(at long last) Cornwall. Only 2 miles from the
Devon border!. Hope your DS is enjoying his time down south. Your Altar
Front is wonderful btw.
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
"Elly" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi everyone,
My name is Elly Dunbar and I live in Thurso on the far north coast of
Scotland. I am married with 2 children Kirsty (17) and Lewis (20).
He is in Devon working as a chef at the moment for a few weeks, but
otherwise for the moment lives at home. I keep eying up his bedroom
for a sewing room.
I've been quilting for well over 10 years now and belong to a small
house group called the Kross Kounty Quilters. (We thought we'd better
leave the Q for quilter)
We have an exhibition coming up shortly from 17th to 22nd Sept if
anyone happens to be on holiday up here. In the Swanson Gallery.
I'm currently working on quilt called the Rabbit Patch. I've got as
far as the borders and was waiting for some green fabric but when it
came it was the wrong shade. So back to the drawing board with that
one. I should just go search through my stash for something else. I
did have a FQ of thimbleberries so checked on the internet for the
same pattern not realizing there were two shades of green in the
pattern. I wanted the light and got the dark. May go with it yet.
Some other fabric is on it's way so I'll hang fire until it comes
before making a final decision. Just hope it hurrries up.
Well I suppose I'd better leave it there for the moment... look
forward to 'meeting' everyone.. Elly

Old August 30th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

On Aug 30, 10:44 am, "Estelle Gallagher"
wrote:
[...]

Thank you for the welcome Estelle, so glad someone is getting some
sunshine! It's chucking down here all day since yesterday afternoon. :
( Luis is working in the Red Lion Inn, in Dittisham if you ever
frequent the place. I hope he hasn't poisoned anyone . Elly

Old August 30th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mika

Hi Elly!!! Welcome to the group. Pull up a chair and join the quilters at
the cyberframe.

Hugs,
Mika
Queen of PaperPiece Klutzdom

Old August 30th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Pleased to meet ya'.

Ragmop/Sandy--handquilter, sweltering in north Texas

On 8/29/07 10:02 AM, in article
, "Elly"

Old September 6th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

Welcome, Elly!

- dlm. in central MA 'hand-quilter, chocolate and coffee taste tester,
extraordinaire'

Old September 7th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

On Aug 30, 4:34 pm, Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

Pleased to meet ya'.

Ragmop/Sandy--handquilter, sweltering in north Texas

On 8/29/07 10:02 AM, in article
m, "Elly"

wrote:
[...]
forward to 'meeting' everyone.. Elly- Hide quoted text -

hi Elly! welcome! you'll find we all have the same dilemma! too much
fabric and chocolate addictions! but we really are normal otherwise!!
it's fun here, i'm a newby too, so pull up a chair and giggle with the
rest of us!
amy

Old September 7th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy

Welcome to the cyber-quilting frame! Glad you found us!

--
ME-Judy
ajhusman at blazenetme dot net

Old September 7th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

On Sep 7, 6:02 pm, "ME-Judy" wrote:
Welcome to the cyber-quilting frame! Glad you found us!

--
ME-Judy
ajhusman at blazenetme dot net

"Elly" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Hi dlm, Amy and ME Judy, thank you for the lovely welcome. Got the
RP to layering up stage, must do that tomorrow and get it quilted and
bound this weekend!! Then I'll take a picture. The quilting will be
to secure the layers by stitching in the ditch on the machine. But I
hope to add hand quilting it at a later date. Need to be able to hang
it at our exhibition next weekend... but I'll not have time to get it
hand quilted by then. I'm very chuffed with it. My favourite bit is
making the blocks. The rest is a necessity to finish the quilt. Elly

newcomer quilter Quilting 29 April 29th 05 02:44 AM
Suggestion for newcomer . . . Mary Irene Beads 3 August 14th 04 08:37 AM
Newcomer de-lurking. Heather Hill Beads 16 September 26th 03 06:14 AM
posting FAQ; Newcomer welcome Penny S. Sewing 0 August 11th 03 07:36 PM
posting FAQ; Newcomer welcome Penny S. Sewing 0 July 7th 03 09:29 PM