OT Enviromental lead, and more fun in the bathroom

Old November 13th 04, 02:15 AM
NightMist

Default OT Enviromental lead, and more fun in the bathroom

So the guys from enviromental health came by to tell me to wash my
walls with cascade dishewasher detergent. Other than that and finding
lead where I told them they probably would, the visit was pretty
pointless. The areas that tested positive for lead were the part of
the windows in between the panes and the storm windows, and the air
intakes on the furnace. So they are making my landlord get new grates
for the intakes and probably put aluminum channeling in the window
frames. The rest of the window frames did not test pos for lead, and
the intake that tested most noticably is the one under the window the
air conditioner goes in (which was also the highest testing window).
Um... does it seem obvious to anyone besides me that the problem is
probably airborne dust from outside the house? This feels like a
token attempt to address the problem. The fellows were nice enough
and all, but gee!

I have a dryer!
It is my first.
There are a couple of problems though.
The vent hole in the bathroom wall does not have enough pipe
protruding to hook onto. Plus the unhandy critter that was supposed
to "touch up the sideing and paint" on that side of the house a couple
of years ago nailed siding over the dryer vent. We have also
discovered that the actual factual union electricians that rewired the
house several years back just coiled the line from the 220 outlet in
the bathroom and nailed a box over it. Really kind of dumb, they ran
it to within 5 feet of the 220 breakers and then just stopped. The
upstairs outlet is wired in, but ours wasn't. Mr Landlord is boggled,
and more than a trifle annoyed (his money to the electricians after
all). So tommorow He is coming over to fix it all. He is also
chagrined that he forgot to test the outlet after I asked him to while
they were fixing the floor. I think he will be happy to not see my
bathroom for a while.

I hope that by New Years the house hassles will be done with!
At least I will have a half new bathroom by then.

NightMist
--
"It's such a gamble when you get a face"
- Richard Hell
Old November 13th 04, 04:52 AM
Polly Esther

You would not want me living near you. If I had that going on, I would just
walk outside and start screaming. Methinks you need some pointy teeth, and I
have just the solution. Polly

Old November 13th 04, 10:47 AM
Kate T.

There Polly goes again trying to get rid of her pets. Gators that is.

Kate T.
South Mississippi

link.net...

Old November 13th 04, 08:46 PM
NightMist

I did.

Scared the bejeezuz out of the neighbors.

NightMist