What I get up to when I'm NOT quilting...

Old February 4th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default What I get up to when I'm NOT quilting...

CATS wrote:
I always enjoy seeing your projects, and thankyou so much
for the trouble you go to in documenting the steps you take.

She is a very lucky young lady.

Thank you. I tend to document those I can or the more unusual ones for
the costumers. It's always fun to see what they are doing, and I think
of it as payback for all the great information my fellow costuming
freaks put out there for me.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 4th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Oh my goodness! I neglected to check out Kate's link when I read it the
first time. I'm so very glad it was posted again! Can you get a picture of
the child in her lovely costume, Kate? This is just outstanding. You never
cease to amaze me. Never.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
This child is going to hate growing larger! What a gorgeous outfit!
Roberta in D

"Kate XXXXXX" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
...Or, The Day Job!
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co....on_project.htm

Also just completed an Old Ivory coloured Regency style dress for my Miss
Havisham customer: I have another one to do for her, plus a hat.

Old February 4th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Well, if and when you do get a picture, don't be shy about letting us know!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Kate XXXXXX" wrote in message
KJ wrote:
Oh my goodness! I neglected to check out Kate's link when I read it the
first time. I'm so very glad it was posted again! Can you get a picture
of the child in her lovely costume, Kate? This is just outstanding. You
never cease to amaze me. Never.

Thank you for such kind words.

I am going to ask, but I'm not sure of or when a publishable picture will
happen.

Old February 4th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 3, 6:59*pm, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
* * ...Or, The Day Job!http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co....ing/Katherine_...

Also just completed an Old Ivory coloured Regency style dress for my
Miss Havisham customer: I have another one to do for her, plus a hat.
--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

Kate, that is wonderful. Very creative use of cardboard and paper
towels as construction tools. Kudos for great job.

John
Old February 4th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

John wrote:

Kate, that is wonderful. Very creative use of cardboard and paper
towels as construction tools. Kudos for great job.

Cardboard engineering is a family tradition.

Thank you. Fun project for all concerned.
Old February 4th 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

You truly have an engineer's brain. You can "see" 3 dimensional images. I'm
sure you have no idea how rare that is.

Thank you. It was fascinating. Can you be my Auntie in my next life?

Cindy

Old February 4th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

teleflora wrote:
You truly have an engineer's brain. You can "see" 3 dimensional images. I'm
sure you have no idea how rare that is.

My mum's family are all engineers. seeing in 3D has never been a
problem. It's dealing with the numbers I find difficult!

Thank you. It was fascinating. Can you be my Auntie in my next life?

Yes, of course.
Old February 4th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
allisonh

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
...Or, The Day Job!
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co....on_project.htm

Also just completed an Old Ivory coloured Regency style dress for my
Miss Havisham customer: I have another one to do for her, plus a hat.

Such a cool project!! And sooooo interesting to see all the steps along
the way!
Allison in Mtl
Old February 4th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

allisonh wrote:
Kate XXXXXX wrote:
...Or, The Day Job!
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co....on_project.htm

Also just completed an Old Ivory coloured Regency style dress for my
Miss Havisham customer: I have another one to do for her, plus a hat.

Such a cool project!! And sooooo interesting to see all the steps along
the way!
Allison in Mtl

So much fun to do! I should get pix of the lass in her kit when mum
gets it home to her...