New Member

Old December 27th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Juli in VA

Default New Member

Welcome to the group Pat. I'll tell you, there can never be too many people
sitting around the virtual quilt frame.

Juli in VA

"Pat" wrote in message
I thought I would introduce myself, I am Pat, been sewing for quite a
while (50+ years) own a Bernina 185, Bernina 1090, Juki 98E and Grace
Quilting Frame, Singer Featherweight, Babylock serger, Singer touch
and sew, Bernette loaned to my son, the list goes on. I am in the
process of having my basement finish to house all my sewing and paint
supplies. Now I sew in the dining room with three machines on the
table a design wall and the ironing board, all fabric is suppose to be
in the basement (but I keep finding hidden stashes). I also have a
greyhound and a Scotish terrier/Cocker mix dog both are 12 years old.
I enjoy all aspects of sewing, right now I am working on several
quilts as my quilt group has a show in April and I have nothing to
enter right now.
Pat
Rhode Island

Old December 27th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alicia

I'm new to the group to so we have something in common. I don't
really need the chocolate as much as i could use a IV of coke cola
hooked when I start sewing to keep me going. haha.

Alicia
Old December 27th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

LOL I was wondering which of the "other Pats" would chime in first. BG
Welcome,Pat on Rhode Island, from the Pati (yep one "t" and an "i") in
Phoenix.
We have, at the moment toooooooo many cats/kittens. G And have just
found out about a low cost spay/neuter clinic that we will be getting a
few to soon. G (And hopefully find homes for several of the younger
ones. sigh.)

Glad to have you join us,

Pati, in Phx

Patti wrote:
Welcome, Pat, from one of the other Pats!!

Just keep the 'on Rhode Island' beside the Pat and you'll be unique
enough for us. You see I am 'on the hill'. We have Pat in VA, Patti in
Seattle, Pati (who is in Arizona, but doesn't need a location as she has
a special spelling). So, you see, we manage quite nicely gg We often
say we should make a 'Patricia' group quilt. Now I think we really do
have enough of us.
We'll wait until the new Year gets into its stride and I might raise the
subject again?
This Pat has four cats, three rabbits and one very elderly guinea pig
(who I fear might not be with us much longer).

Do you make all sorts of quilts, or do you stick to one type mostly?
.
In message
, Pat
writes

Old December 27th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy

Welcome to the cyber frame, Pat in RI! Glad to have you with us! I envy you
a basement-sized space for fabrics/sewing (and painting)!
--
ME-Judy
ajhusman at blazenetme dot net

Old December 27th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default basements New Member

Howdy!

Why?

I'm thinking of my neighbor w/ all of her machines (5 or 6)
in her used-to-be living room (they live in the den).
Great lighting, plenty of room, next to the kitchen.
We don't (usually) do basements here.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it's chilly, overcast,
and definitely quilty here.

Cheers!
R/Sandy

On 12/27/07 7:32 AM, in article
,
"Musicmaker" wrote:

omygosh - all those machines - you definitely need a basement!! Do
you post pics of your qi's and quilts?

Musicmaker

Old December 28th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly D

Have you not eaten them yet Kay?

Hi Pat, welcome to this lovely group of people (was going to say ladies then
remembered there are gentlemen amongst us)
WOW you have a heap of sewing machines. Do you use them all? I only have
two. My Bernina 153QE and an older machine (though not that old) a Frister
Rossman which I only use if my Bernina is in getting serviced.
Elly
http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community
http://uk.blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-MS...XQ.hRDK6vEKEy7
http://ellydspatchwork.blogspot.com

Every time I hear the dirty word "Exercise",
I wash my mouth out with chocolate. (Borrowed)

"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
om...
Welcome Pat!! I've got some of those dark chocolate M&Ms to share.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Welcome, Pat. Come sit over here by me and I'll share my M & Ms while we
discuss your new name. There are already more Pats here than you can
shake a stick at. (Actually there are a few that you wouldn't dare shake
a stick at.) Do you have a nickname or is there something you wish your
Mom had chosen instead of Pat? Polly

"Marigold" wrote in message
Welcome Pat

Marilyn
in snowing today,
Alberta, Canada

Old December 28th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

I've been too busy buying fabric.

I had several of the small one-serving bags. I'm using an empty purple bag
from one of those as a bookmark. The cat gets all excited when he hears the
crinkling of the bag when I take it out of the book.

Then there's the big bag. . . . .

Old December 28th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Now that's not fair! You can't call me a show off until my baby blues turn
to dark chocolate brown from eating some many!
--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Show off. Polly

"Kay Ahr" wrote Welcome Pat!! I've got some of those dark chocolate
M&Ms to share.

"Polly Esther" wrote Welcome, Pat. Come sit over here by me and I'll

Old December 28th 07, 11:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Welcome! Let us know if you have a site where you post photos -we love to
see quilts!
Roberta in D

new member [email protected] Glass 4 November 19th 07 05:31 PM
New member felted-bag Yarn 14 April 5th 06 02:21 AM
New member-Hi! [email protected] Yarn 11 March 31st 06 04:53 AM
Hi from a New Member hesira Yarn 23 March 17th 06 05:12 AM
new member riverartstudios Glass 2 January 18th 06 02:02 AM