Ok gals here it is

Old December 26th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Ok gals here it is

Kate you have a wonderful idea but, right now all they could do is
clean, no money for repairs. We are trying to figure out where we will
get the money to move after we get the key. But don't worry we will get
the job done and his sister and her family are more than willing to
help us with the move. As far as my family is concerned, they just
want us GONE and I don't want them anywhere near my home. Not after
what they have done to me.

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
wrote:
Here is the link to the pictures of the house. Now remember, I did
warn you it needs a LOT of TLC. If you can't get in let me know.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cgirl_also

That 'house' is a real 'home' waiting to happen - again! Somebody loved
it once, and it has great charm.

22 years on from our first Christmas here we are STILL finding
surprises! And we seem to have more to do that we did the day we moved in!

Your garden/yard is in better shape than ours at the moment! At least
you can SEE yours! After 18 months of severe neglect due to building
and other circumstances, ours has reverted to primordial forest! I'm
thinking of holding a garden clearence weekend in the spring: bring your
own machete and carve out your own camping spot! I'll provide food,
showers and towels...

Now there's an idea! Hold a house-fixing weekend party! Invite all the
family and friends in, divide them up into teams, asign a room per team
and have a competition to see:

Who reveals the worst horror!
Who finds the biggest spider!
Who does the best fix!
Who completes their room first - and most professionally!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old December 26th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Sandy those leaves will be great for little girls to play in after they
are raked next yr. my 2 oldest grandgirls love the outside and there is
also a park 2 blocks from the house. Almost as good as their home.
There it is just across the street.

Sandy Foster wrote:
In article . com,
" wrote:

Here is the link to the pictures of the house. Now remember, I did
warn you it needs a LOT of TLC. If you can't get in let me know.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cgirl_also

Looks like you'll be busy! g But what a wonderful house is hiding
under the needed repairs -- and the back yard looks like a bit of raking
will do wonders, since it already has great trees. Congratulations!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1/

Old December 26th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Sunny, what a wonderful picture. I was afraid you would all regret
sending money after you seen the pictures. But, it is just what I
wanted, except for the fact it is in town, even seeing benefits in
that. I even have my windows I wanted, tired of liveing in the dark
with a light on all the time. I counted and if I coundted right,
except for the little dimond in the attic, I believe there are 16. If
anyone comes up with something different let me know. Had to count
from the pictures. Will count when I go back again if I remember.

Sunny wrote:
Dear Kathy,
You know, it's not so different from salvaging a treasured, vintage
quilt that has been loved almost to death. Take off the binding, remove
the old batting . Patch the holes and change the borders. In the end,
you'll have a gorgeous treasure, all the more wonderful because your
love and effort became part of the history of this house.

Sunny

Old December 26th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Phyllis Nilsson

What a lovely house! It reminds me of the house my stepfather's stepmother
grew up in. It was a big house like yours, but it was right in the
downtown area of a very small town (her father was the town doctor). That
house was so amazing to me (they still used a wood cook stove in the
kitchen) I just loved it.

Your house is much nicer than the one I was looking at one time. We lived
in a very small apartment with a baby and a toddler. We went for a ride
out in the country and I saw a house that was gutted. No windows, no
doors, no electricity, no plumbing. No one of the face of this earth will
ever know how much I wanted that unpainted shell of a house, just so we
could call it our own. I'd have given up anything to have that house.

Of course, no one could have lived in it and we had no money to repair it,
but it was the biggest wish of my then 20-year-old life and I still
remember what that house looked like and it is now 48 years later.

Enjoy your house as is, get to know its nooks and crannies, and come spring
maybe we can all send you some seeds to plant a vegetable and herb garden.
God bless you, and may God bless your new home.

Toledo,Ohio

Old December 27th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

That is a wonderful idea, Butterfly! I wish I had started that when I moved
into my current home. All the little tics (and all the big ones, too,
thanks to DBs and DBIL and especially DS) would seem pretty impressive after
8 years!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
Do what we did.....go thru and make LISTS of everything that needs doing
(yes, even if the light switch covers need changing) and then first thing
the NEXT MORNING : prioritize.
Keep that list as part of your House History. We are putting a lil tic by
each one as it is finished.
yes, a lil tic by the:
replace floors in........(rooms)
flooring in (rooms)
tack strips in
etc
When you have 4 or 5 projects going, it doesn't seem like much is getting
done--those lil tics make a nice difference.
No, we didn't date each but I guess you could.
HTH
Merry Christmas

Butterfly (Butterfly For President)

"Patti" wrote in message
Over here, the estate agents (realtors) would describe that house as
'having potential'. It most certainly does - it could be beautiful. Yes,
there's a lot of work to do, but that can be fun - if you let it

2007 will obviously be busy for you. I really hope it will be very
happy, too. Pace yourself, and enjoy the steps.
.
In message . com,
" writes
Here is the link to the pictures of the house. Now remember, I did
warn you it needs a LOT of TLC. If you can't get in let me know.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cgirl_also

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old December 27th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

LOL, Kate! My family has done things that way for years. Gather all the
brothers and brothers-in-law and nephews, and whatever female family members
who care to swing a hammer or climb a ladder or ply a paintbrush; buy
several cases of beer and pop, and lots of hamburger and hot dogs, get Mom
to make some potato salad........the sky's the limit, as they say. Mom and
Dad built their house in Sandstone in about a month, working just weekends
with the family members who pitched in to help. And amazingly, the little
kids love to contribute, bringing materials (and beer) to the workers,
pulling nails, steadying the ladder. Sure makes for some wonderful
memories!!!

Old December 27th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Carolyn McCarty wrote:

LOL, Kate! My family has done things that way for years. Gather all the
brothers and brothers-in-law and nephews, and whatever female family members
who care to swing a hammer or climb a ladder or ply a paintbrush; buy
several cases of beer and pop, and lots of hamburger and hot dogs, get Mom
to make some potato salad........the sky's the limit, as they say. Mom and
Dad built their house in Sandstone in about a month, working just weekends
with the family members who pitched in to help. And amazingly, the little
kids love to contribute, bringing materials (and beer) to the workers,
pulling nails, steadying the ladder. Sure makes for some wonderful
memories!!!

When Auntie Mo Next Door bought her house it was uninhabitable. She was
on a VERY limited budget, and the house needed:

Some repairs to the roof! A few tiles were missing...
Complete re-wiring
Complete replacement of water pipes
Installation of gas boiler for hot water and central heating
Complete replacement of ALL ceilings!
Replacement of most of the floors!
Removal of old gas pipes for now extinct gas lighting!
Replacement of gas pipes for heating boiler...
Removal of some walls
Replacement of some plaster
Complete set of new windows!
Total redecoration!

I remember our local builder chap at the time (father of the one who
built my new conservatory last year!) sending a couple of lads (one
being a teenaged dan - my bu8lder!) up a ladder to the loft space, and
them sitting on the rafters kicking the plaster down from above! Oh,
what a glorious mess! Then a team of Large Big Lads with wheelbarrows
shifted it out to the skip...

Mo managed the lot for under £10,000, which, even 20+ years ago was
damned good going for the amount she got done! She was lucky that she
didn't have to live in the house while it was fixed, though she did move
in before the walls were painted and the carpets in.

Old December 27th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

My sister moved into a house that would make yours look like an after
picture but they were only 30 and had lots of energy. Can't imagine
starting such a project at this stage in my life. I didn't realize you
were in town. Bet your neighbors will help just to improve the view.
What is involved in moving? Is there a lot of junk in the house? Any
extra animals been making a home in the house? (that was a real
problem for my sister) Fortunately my sister had a good place to live
for the six months it took them to get the first floor ready. They
lived on the first floor for several years as they finished rooms
upstairs. They then redid some of the early work they had done on the
first floor. The finished house was a show piece with gleaming
hardwood floors and oak woodwork but it took a long time.

Susan

Old December 27th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

This is an old section of town and there are several houses rundown and
some being repaired. Nope, this house is liveable as is, it just don't
look very pretty right now inside.

Hi Gals & Guys starlia Beads 51 February 12th 05 04:09 AM
Attn Kevin! Attention Ramada Gals! (Happy Dance) Roberta Zollner Quilting 12 September 1st 03 09:34 PM
Attn Kevin! Attention Ramada Gals! (Happy Dance) QuiltR1024 Quilting 0 August 28th 03 12:58 PM
Attention Ramada Gals! (Happy Dance) Kathy Applebaum Quilting 20 August 28th 03 12:29 AM