RCTQ Recipe Book

Old June 30th 04, 01:26 AM
AliceW

I am up to the challenge! I would have done it even without the cookie
bribe! I have my own webspace so I maintain my own site. We'll need to get
some ideas of what goes on the site. I thought since we are doing a
website, we could have a page with the categories, then each recipe page
could have the recipe, the submitter, state or country of the submitter,
some comments about the recipe's origin or other info, a quilting tip, a
favorite quilting site, a favorite non-quilting site. What do you think?
We can submit recipes via email with RCTQ Recipe in the subject.

The floor is now open for comments.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

" Ellison" wrote in message
m...
: Howdy!
: Thanks, Alice.
: I think this is the best idea, a web site to go to
: when we're starving for something special.
: Otherwise, all this talk of which format, metric or American g,
: deadlines, this and that-- takes most of the fun out of what sounded like
: a great idea, sharing recipes. Nothing like over-organizing to do that.
:
: Susan Ford (in Oklahoma) used to have our RCTQ recipes on
: her website; worked great. The addy was available upon request and
: via archives (like GoogleRCTQ), like the FAQs.
:
: Do you have the time and will power to keep up w/ this?
: It would be most appreciated. I'll even dedicate one of these
: freshly-made Hershey's Chewy Chocolate Cookies to you, Alice.
: Hey, what are friends for?!? G
:
: Ragmop/Sandy--quilting and eating YUMMY chocolate cookies;
: recipe available:
:
:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...tiles.quilting
:
: AliceW" wrote in message
: ...
: I know I am jumping in the middle of this topic, but if I can offer my
web
: space, I'd be glad to do a site with all the recipes and tips
categorized
: by
: type of recipe. That way, there is no paper involved. Everything can
be
: sent electronically, including pictures or other graphics if you wanted
: provide them and everyone would be able to read and print them so that
we
: don't have to worry about format. Unless the idea was to publish a
: book........
:
: --
: Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
: www.ourcyberfamily.us
: "Time is that quality of nature which keeps events from happening all at
: once. Lately it doesn't seem to be working."
: Anonymous
:
:
:
:
: "Sharon Harper" wrote in message
: u...
: : Sure, off you go!
: :
: : --
: : Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
: : http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html
: :
: : "bogus address" wrote in message
: : ...
: :
: : [Word vs ASCII for recipes]
: : Fine, you take it over! I'm no computer wizz, and word is
simplest
: : me.
: : I've never had a problem receiving or reading the directory in
word
: : format.
: : If you can do it better, then by all means you are welcome to it.
: :
: : It wouldn't take long to simply google for every post in the group
: : containing the word "recipe", string them together, tidy the layout
: : a bit in the most low-tech way possible, and plonk it on our
website.
: : Would that be enough to be going on with?
: :
: : ======== Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce
: : ========
: : Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU;
0131
: : 6604760
: : http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html food intolerance data &
: : recipes,
: : Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of
Scottish
: : music.
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

Old June 30th 04, 03:39 PM
Dr. Quilter

OK, can you teach me how to do this? I have OSX and the free version of
Adobe Reader (or is it acrobat?).

bogus address wrote:

On the Mac you just select the PDF converter as if it were a printer.
This is built in to MacOS X (I use OS 9 with the driver from Acrobat).
It's easier than printing since the converter can't jam or run out of
paper.

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
Old July 1st 04, 01:05 AM
Michael Curtis

I like this idea the most of all that have been tossed into the arena so
far. This way everyone who wants to partake of the recipes can do so. I was
worried about Web Tvers not getting a copy.
Thank you for offering to take on this task. Thanks to everyone who
offered to take on any aspect of the job. I do think this is one of those
times to K.I.S.S.
Diana

" Ellison" wrote in message
[...]

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...rafts.textiles
..quilting
:
: ...

&

Old July 1st 04, 11:20 AM
AliceW

What I hope to be able to do this weekend is set up a test page on my
website with a fill-in form. That way, anyone who wants to participate just
has to fill in the form and send it off. The form will help keep everything
consistent and will indicate what info is needed. Stay tuned!

--

"Michael Curtis" wrote in message
: I like this idea the most of all that have been tossed into the arena so
: far. This way everyone who wants to partake of the recipes can do so. I
was
: worried about Web Tvers not getting a copy.
: Thank you for offering to take on this task. Thanks to everyone who
: offered to take on any aspect of the job. I do think this is one of those
: times to K.I.S.S.
: Diana
:
:
: ...
: " Ellison" wrote in message
[...]
: : AliceW" wrote in message
: : ...
[...]
: : :
: : : --
: : : Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
: : : http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html
: : :
: : : "bogus address" wrote in message
: : : ...
: : :
: : : ========
: : : Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU;
: 0131
: : : 6604760
: : : http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html food intolerance
data
: &

Old July 1st 04, 11:37 AM
Louise

Alice, this sounds like the absolutely best idea!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"AliceW" wrote in message
[...]

: ...

: " Ellison" wrote in message
[...]

: : ...

Old July 1st 04, 02:08 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Louise wrote:
Alice, this sounds like the absolutely best idea!

I've only just caught up with this thread, been changing over from using
FreeAgent to Netscape for reading the newsgroup, and have managed to
miss out on loads of stuff - but this header certainly caught my eye - I
mean, RCTQ recipes = great food, and for a quilter, thats almost as good
as fabric!!

Can someone briefly fill me in with whats happening and what I need to
do please?

Suzie B

--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old July 2nd 04, 02:15 AM
AliceW

Suzie, nothing to do yet but to decide what recipe or recipes you want to
include. I will get a form created on my webpage for folks to fill out
which will then get emailed to me. I will take it from there. The form
will have all the spaces to include the required information. I will then
put the recipe on yet to be named recipe page. I will post an announcement
when the form is open for business. I just want to make sure no one has any
objections. Are we good to go with a webpage everyone? Any other
recommendations, suggestions..........?

Old July 2nd 04, 09:23 PM
Mika

Alice, I think it's a wonderful idea. Thanks for offering to do this. I was
talking to DH about it after I posted about making a cookbook. He kept
asking me questions about how I was planning to send it to everyone. When I
told him I would email it he started in about how you can only send a
certain size file if using a hotmail account and all that. I began to
wonder what I had gotten myself into. So I'm really glad we got the problem
solved. Thank you thank you thank you. I'm really looking forward to trying
recipes from all the RCTQ people here. It's going to be fun.

Mika

Old October 9th 04, 07:03 AM
Tamara

I can think of a good one to add

tamara

Mika wrote:

All this talk about Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Julia's post about her
cheesecake recipe got me to thinking. This may have been brought up at some
time or other, I don't know. But I'll bring it up again. Has anyone ever
collected recipes from RCTQ and put them together into a recipe book and
then distributed to the participants? I think it would be so much fun to
collect recipes from quilters around the world and put them together with
little anecdotes from each person. Would anyone be interested in
participating?

Mika

Old October 9th 04, 02:14 PM
AliceW

Mika, we currently have such a project in the works. There is a form where
you can add your recipes. The link is in my siggy if you are interested.
We have collected over 150 recipes so far. I am currently in the midst of
putting them in the format for the web version of the cook book. Stay
tuned........

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us