Xmas is Coming! Brenda's Gift

Old October 28th 05, 08:37 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Default OT Germany and Ragmop (was Xmas is Coming! Brenda's Gift)

So, didja have fun? Are there pictures? And is the MB replacing a Cruiser?
DH is holding out for this car: http://www.landmines.org/wincar/index.cfm

Inquiring minds want to know!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

" Ellison" wrote in message
. ..
Howdy!
And welcome back, Frank.

So glad you asked this question, because last week I discovered
the PERFECT perfect perfect gift for anyone who quilts. And for all those
who don't quilt.
http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container...;modelCode=G55

This navigation system takes you, and your lovely wife, of course,
anywhere you want to go. Well, actually, the lovely automobile that comes
w/ the system takes you there, the dvd tells you which way to turn.
It's excellent, I mean it; I wouldn't be without it and will insist on
having one w/ my next Mercedes (which could be anytime). We were in
Germany last week w/ a new SLK (well, 2, actually, but we turned one in
to the shipping company 2 blocks later and kept the silver one for the
week), and the very nice people at the factory installed the dvd for us
and showed us how to program it. [They didn't know, in Stuttgart, that
there's a quilt shop,
Stoffe und Patchwork, in Rothenburg; I knew it.
http://www.patchworkladen.de/ ] The dvd will guide you to any shop,
any festival, any eatery, anywhere, including the USA.
Alternate choice for gift-giving: the dependable, delightful, divine
PT Cruiser; also great for getting to the shops and shows.
Btw, if the lady wants a big quilting machine, why doesn't she go get
herself one? In this family, the women don't wait for permission from
the men for quilting supplies (or much else) g.
That Horn table looks pretty good; so does the glass & oak display
chest: http://quiltcurio.tripod.com/ Either or both would fold up nicely
and
fit into a PT Cruiser.
Hey, you're not cheaping out on us here, are you, Frank?
You have a Mother-in-Law to impress!

Ragmop/Sandy --commending you for making plans early

"flytyer37" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I'm back. This is a replay of Frank's wonderful odyssey in
search of the perfect Christmas gift for the quilting wiff who has
everything. Yes, EVERYTHING (well, almost)! She's still trying to
convince me that she needs a full-up long arm machine. Well, that
ain't gonna happen until she cleans up that sewing room of hers.
Secondarily, her mother will be here for Christmas. I'm just the lout
she married, not good enough for her daughter, so I want to show MIL
how wonderful I am. Yes, its petty, but what the hey. MIL is a great
sewer (hmmm, that sounded great, but doesn't look it in print) in her
own right, so she'll know if I'm getting Brenda the real deal.
I'll sit back and wait for your wonderful replies. (by the way, notice
that I'm not waiting till the last minute?).

Frank Reid

Old October 28th 05, 09:43 PM
Sharon Harper

Default Xmas is Coming! Brenda's Gift

Give in Frank - buy the long arm! My DH is pretty much in the same position
as you (my DSM thinks he stole me away from her and no way is he good
enough) so I figure he would say the same thing. Now I just have to
convince him!!

Otherwise, write and print up a special 2 day itinerary for yourself and
Brenda (and DSM if she's still there). Visiting several quilt shops each
day, lovely places to stop at for lunch and coffee, a nice romantic bed and
breakfast or hotel for the night. Spoil her silly. That's all we want.....

quicker)

Old October 28th 05, 11:31 PM
The Brown Family

Hey Frank......good to hear from you again! It would impress the he_ _ out of
Brenda's mom if you did buy her that Long Arm (can you convince my husband on
that one too), and of course Brenda too! Does she have much in the Heartwood
Creek collections, an Ott Light, portable stuff for classes.....portable sewing
machine, a case to tote all the stuff, portable iron. One of my favourite tools
is the Brooklyn Revolver turnable cutting mat. How 'bout the Block Butler
design wall. I'm probably wasting time here, because I think that Brenda
probably has just about everything. Let us know what you end up with.....good
luck Frank.

Lorraine

Old October 28th 05, 11:37 PM
D Curtis

I hear the folks in Australia are wonderful hosts and tourguides to
local quilt stores. You might just want to bring your lovely wife and
yourself on a quilt shop hop in Australia. I hear its mighty nice and
warm right about the time the ice forms on the ponds here. If youre
*really* nice, Sharon might even make herself available to make sure
Brenda doesnt miss any of the choicer spots.
Diana

Old October 29th 05, 12:04 AM
Sally Swindells

On 28 Oct 2005 10:22:36 -0700, "flytyer37"
wrote:

The woman has a ton and a half of fabric (as measured by the movers).
The floor will not support any more. :-)
Frank

How about a reinforced floor - ready for her birthday gift.
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old October 29th 05, 12:34 AM
Marcella Peek

I have been coveting the new lessons on CD that were in Quilters
Newsletter. Gabrielle Swain has three you can see
at:http://handapplique.com/catalog/ They mentioned others, but I'm not
remembering this second.

I am also coveting the new Horn MultiLift 5000 sewing table. 72 inches
wide by 30 inches deep with another 10 inch folding drop leaf to make it
40 inches. Heck the thing has a drink holder!
http://www.hornofamerica.com/product...c=view&pID=101
I think the women sew-ers in the family would be impressed!

For a gift that keeps on giving...A sweet treat package of the month.
Yep, every month for a year your wife can receive a lovely packet of
eight coordinated fat quarters. They are truly droolable - even if you
do already have too much fabric. It's a wonderful thing to get a squishy
each month in the mail.
http://www.sweettreat.com/pages/stat...t_program.html

Maybe a certificate to be her sewing room slave? She tells you what to
move where so she can get her room arranged for that someday longarm?

marcella
Old October 29th 05, 01:08 AM
Cheryl in Oz

Frank

If she REALLY does have so much fabric (and half the fun is picking your own
fabric anyway) and the long arm is absolutely out of the question (but boy -
would that impress the h*** out of the MIL!!) what about thread.

I am almost as addicted to beautiful threads as to beautiful fabrics. Out
here in Oz we can get beautifully crafted timber wall-mounted stands and
cabinets for threads, or there are the commercial stands already filled.
Now if someone gave me a complete collection of one of my favourite threads
I would be utterly ecstatic!!!!

BTW - Gold star for thinking ahead!

Different but similar - A friend of mine visited from UK with DH. They had
their Ruby Wedding Anniversary out here and he could not think what to give
her. I suggested a suitcase. Might sound mundane but he gave her a
suitcase and told her to fill it and not worry about the excess baggage
costs. She fitted so much fabric into that case it must have cost him a
bundle to take home, but boy was she happy!!

--

Cheryl
cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau

Old October 29th 05, 01:34 AM
Trixie

How about quilting software (like EQ5)? Both my mother and mother-in-law
would be impressed if hubby got me that!

Trixie

Old October 29th 05, 01:42 AM
KJ

I love that table!!!! Have you seen a price on it anywhere? I've been
wanting a table at which I could sometimes sew standing up! This looks like
you could do that. Cool.
KJ

Old October 29th 05, 01:53 AM
Taria

I was nosing around yesterday and thought I saw it somewhere with $975
mentioned as MSRP. Can't find it today though. Pretty pricey. SewNews
had a big ad for it and it looks really neat. It has a motorized lift
in addition to the drink holder ; )
Maybe someone will get some info while in Houston?
Maybe Frank should adopt me?
TAria

OT, mostly-- Xmas gift Kaytee Beads 1 December 27th 04 03:49 AM
OT - need gift help Julia Altshuler Quilting 12 May 31st 04 04:23 PM
FA: FOSSILS - Dinosaur Teeth & Eggs, Shark Teeth, Plant & Fish Fossils, For XMAS Gifts Disgo Marketplace 0 December 12th 03 04:32 PM
AD:Royal Egyptian Lotus Set; Free Shipping w/Buy It Now; Gift Ideas Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 0 November 24th 03 04:55 AM
AD:Royal Egyptian Lotus Set; Free Shipping w/Buy It Now; Gift Ideas Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Marketplace 0 November 24th 03 04:55 AM