Gingher utility scissors?

Old July 31st 12, 12:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Default Gingher utility scissors?

Thanks Kay

The Kitchen Shears, DH3005 look wonderful. My only question is how big are
the finger holes. Fine for me but maybe small for Bert's hand. I'm tempted
to get them.

Steven
Alaska

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 20:02:45 -0800, Steven Cook
wrote:
Does anyone remember the Gingher Utility scissors? At least I think they
are Gingher. Mom has a pair and I'm so tired of spending money on junky
scissors at our house and the frustration that Bert and I are having.
I've
checked out the Gingher web site and none to be found. Any suggestions
on
where to find them or something similar that will still cut after a day
and
a half? And I'm willing to spend the money needed to get a really good
pair. Thanks

Not sure what you mean by utility scissors... to me that's the sort the
EMTs
carry, like:
http://uniformdiscount.com/Prestige-...FUkbQgod7mYAig

Have you tried Kai? Take a look at the COB 180 and COB 240. They'll cut
plaster casts: http://www.kaiscissors.com/category.php?category_id=48

Kay

Old July 31st 12, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Lancaster

The fingerholes on the DH3005 are about 1.5x3". Big enough for most guys hands. But my DH has really large hands, which is why we have the COB180s.

(Kershaw knives, which is a division of Kai, is just a couple of towns over
from us, and they have half-yearly sales. We're addicts. BTW, they sharpen
everything free if you send it back to the Tualatin, OR plant:
http://www.kershawknives.com/warranty.php )

Kay

Scissors Gill Murray Needlework 4 February 5th 08 01:28 PM
Those scissors Cheryl Isaak Needlework 8 December 18th 07 08:53 PM
mundial vs gingher scissors Wren Quilting 7 May 13th 06 05:12 PM
whittling with utility knives BL Carving 3 February 13th 04 01:56 AM
Big stitch or utility quilting frood Quilting 20 November 13th 03 01:52 PM