too many projects?

Old February 18th 04, 12:33 PM
Dr. Quilter

Default too many projects?

I always have too many piecing projects going at the same time! right
now I think this is the list:

- millenium quilt - need to fill in gaps, machine quilt

- hand pieced tumbling blocks (EPP) in solids/marbles - in progress.
after months-years? in a bag, I decided hand work was all I can do while
I wait for Sofia... haven't decided on the quilting yet.

- aplique wall hanging - partridge in a pear tree. next in line, was
doing it during my once a month aplique group meeting, but then realized
it was a waste of money and I could do it at home for free.. obviously
did not work! ) need to aplique the leaves, add border and hand quilt.
I think this one will be for my mom.

- stained glass butterfly for sofia's nursery- partially quilted.
discovered the teacher did not give enough instructions, hence my bias
tape barely covers the spaced between the fused pieces and doing aplique
for the first time with my new machine is more difficult that what I
thought (I am having trouble making the stitches fall where I want them,
in terms of the main line going right at the edge of the bias tape while
the little perpendicular stitches hold on to the bias tape. I tend to
either climb onto the bias tape or swerve off so the stitch line becomes
visible on the background. on hold until I can get close enough to the
machine to see where the needle is going to fall

-quilt for sofia. all patches from main part of the quilt cut, needs
sewing, borders, etc. should go together quickly, especially if mom
helps by pressing (got to teach her the difference between pressing for
quilting and ironing.

- antique dresden plate blocks to aplique on muslin, add some centers
and sashing, etc - long term project but I am looking forward to this one.

- another scrappy blue and white stars quilts for my friend's daughter.
she owns a sewing machine so I offered to teach her basic piecing
skills. I could not convince her to take it home - doing it here with me
is more fun, so she said she'll be back next weekend. yeah right! with
my parents, brother and Sofia either here or on her way, I don't think
I'll be up for it.. how do I gently tell her I don't think that is such
a good idea? she obviously thinks I am a lot more sociable than I really
am.. ) and believe it or not, I may sound very abrasive but I cannot
say no when people ask me for help...

- hand quilting little pillow for our bed...

I also have projects that I have to START!

-pillow for living room chair. matching table runner for antique piece
of furniture sitting by it.

-star baby bunting for Sofia (got the materials yesterday with my 40%
coupon! beautiful dark blue fleece with embroidered pink and red
flowers, and matching red flannel for the binding. I also got a 1" bias
tape maker.... it looks so simple! I'll get my mom to help...

- several new pillows for living room couch, after we change the cover,
want to aplique art nouveau flowers on them, have to carefully choose
background fabric.

am I nuts thinking I'll get any of these done in the near future? dr.
'swept' my membranes yesterday AM (they call it so in the UK, here it is
stripping but she said she dislike the term). did not hurt, but does not
seem to be doing much either... )
--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old February 18th 04, 03:24 PM
Eli

Don't think of it as having too many projects. You just like variety!

Gina in IL

Old February 18th 04, 05:03 PM
Roberta Zollner

We're all a bit nuts here :-)
Doesn't help to focus on the length of your list. Just keep working, get a
bit done every day, and they'll be finished in their own good time. Although
Sofia's bunting might need a little more impetus if you want her to be able
to use it before she outgrows it!
But don't let yourself get frustrated about it during the next few months.
Better to get some sleep when you have a chance.
Roberta in D

Old February 19th 04, 02:02 PM
Maureen Wozniak

No. Just a lot of variety. It's nice to be able to pick up what you
feel like working on.

Maureen

Old February 19th 04, 09:33 PM
ginmaru

I like variety so I don't get bored with one project so I have about
six WIPS at this moment. I also knit, crochet, x-stitch, and
pathetically attempt to spin. So, depending on what I am doing and
where I am going there might be a different project in my bag.
Knitting, especially socks, always goes to doctors' appointments. The
reason? I swear Sam gets seen faster if I have five double pointed
knitting needles with me in the waiting room!

ginny

Free bead e-zine and projects Marisa Cappetta Beads 1 December 29th 04 05:45 PM
What new projects are you starting now? Mmeindia Needlework 106 January 6th 04 07:14 PM
Easy Projects Mpchet Pottery 6 December 13th 03 03:11 PM
Several free stockings projects & free Christmas embroidery design Anna & Polina Quilting 0 November 21st 03 11:08 AM