Storing Fabric

Old August 28th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Default OT Housekeeping was Storing Fabric

Sandy - I love that "Casual Housekeeper" - I'm a casual housekeeper too - I
just didn't know I had a title! Well - I have Maria every other Friday, but
in between, it's pretty casual - especially now, since we're doing more
remodelling - it's a great excuse!!
--
Pauline
Northern California
"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Ah, the Get-O crowd.
I remember the first time I encountered them online, about 1990.
Very entertaining.
But, just as with working at the LQS,
that takes so much time away from quilting.
And, besides, I'm a Casual Housekeeper.
I did, however, learn from my first Real Job in a supermarket deli/café to
CAYG: Clean As You Go.

Storing fabric: I do. With great joy and enthusiasm. ;-)

Cheers!

Ragmop/Sandy--w/ new fabric and a new project to quilt for someone in
Virginia -- I've heard of Virginia... ;-D

On 8/26/06 7:04 AM, in article
et, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

I haven't visited with them in years but there's a newgroup called, I

think,
alt.recovery.clutter. They had folks on all kinds of 12-step programs

(of
their own making) to ease the clutter in their lives. They were full of
great ideas, successes and sympathy. Of course, first you must report

in
here every day but you might enjoy checking them out. My name is Polly
Esther and I have a paper mountain too. Perhaps I don't need the

invoice
from everything I ever bought for Christmas? Maybe I could part with

the
hospital bills from 1947? I'll think about it. Polly

Old August 28th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Anything that leaves me more time for quilting and reading. g

Casual Housekeeping goes from simple things like having a spare space
like a big box, trunk, closet, room in which to stuff everything when
I do the White Tornado clean-up (you remember AJAX liquid: Cleans like
a white tornado!) when I expect "company" and have 10 minutes to
clear the clutter, and travels on to Creative Solutions like wearing a
shirt 4 ways (front, back to front, inside out front & back to front)
and stuffing a few cute boxes in the knee hole in my vanity-style
antique dresser. A laundry basket kept downstairs is great for
piling in the things that need to go upstairs but often just don't
(if they'd take themselves upstairs--we'd have no problem!).
The best help for this Casual Housekeeper, tho', is to CAGY.
and adopt an Attitude: if the dust bothers you, hon, here's the Swiffer. g

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy--whose friends and neighbors understand "a quilter lives here"
and are so busy looking at the quilts spread everywhere they tend to
ignore the clutter ;-D
p.s. Right now I have a really neat "sofa table" behind the sofa,
great place to store things in a moment 'cause nobody can see behind the
sofa or under that table G

On 8/27/06 10:27 PM, in article
, "Pauline"

Old August 29th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T

Default Storing Fabric

Okay, what does wearing shoes have to do with organization? I don't put
shoes on unless I'm going somewhere and I kick them off the absolute 1
second I am home.

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Sartorresartus wrote:
I tried the Flylady some years back when the group were talking about
it. Cleaned my sink like a good'un and got dressed to my shoes every
day (still do) but I had trouble getting any further.

Old August 29th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

That Flylady chick has a thing about a person not functioning as well
without shoes. She harps on it every day. Whenever I get that e-mail
that says "where I your shoes" I tell the computer "in my closet".

I'm with you, kick off the shoes as soon as you can.

marcella

Old August 29th 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

It's true enough that I don't function as well with pins stuck in my toes.
But Flylady probably doesn't have any pins on her floor either.
Roberta in D

Old August 29th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
blackrosequilts

Marcella Peek wrote:
That Flylady chick has a thing about a person not functioning as well
without shoes. She harps on it every day. Whenever I get that e-mail
that says "where I your shoes" I tell the computer "in my closet".

I'm with you, kick off the shoes as soon as you can.

Sometimes I wonder what the Flylady thinks of the Japanese, who believe
that wearing shoes in the house is a filthy habit. And usually keep
spotless houses (maybe because they're not tracking dirt from the street
all through them?).

I'm with the Japanese on that one. Just because the Flylady can't
manage to function without shoes doesn't mean everybody is that way.

--

blackrosequilts
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message,

2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

-------- __o
------- -\. -------- __o
---- ( )/ ( ) -------- -\.
--------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old August 29th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

Default Finding pins (was Storing Fabric)

But how are you going to find the pins to pick up unless you're barefoot?
;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old August 29th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

My mom in her bare feet could have run circles around the fly lady
where clean houses are concerned ; )
TAria

Old August 29th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Isn't that what dh's are for?
Taria

Old August 29th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Yeah, but they get really grumpy when they find one.
KJ

"Taria" wrote in message
Isn't that what dh's are for?
Taria

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

But how are you going to find the pins to pick up unless you're barefoot?
;-)

linen fabric [email protected] Quilting 12 June 13th 06 10:42 PM
Are You a Fabricaholic? Judy C Quilting 6 May 22nd 05 09:57 PM
Step 1 Atom1 Sewing 29 August 30th 04 07:10 AM
Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 12:04 AM
FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM