Nee help Caroler type hat

Old November 21st 05, 11:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Nee help Caroler type hat

I am making 3 capes and hats for Carolers at my church. I am making the
capes out of dark red polar fleece. I am going to trim them in white fake
fur or a boa or something white and fuzzy I can find cheap. The next step is
the hat I thought of making it out of some red velvet I have in my stash and
use a heavy stabilizer with it. to make some type of ruffled brim connected
to a headband. Then trim it where the headband and the velvet meet with the
fuzzy trim. But, I don't know if this will work. Does anyone have an idea
for an easy carolers type hat? I can use either polar fleece or velvet.

She in PA

Old November 22nd 05, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

She in PA wrote:
I am making 3 capes and hats for Carolers at my church. I am making the
capes out of dark red polar fleece. I am going to trim them in white fake
fur or a boa or something white and fuzzy I can find cheap. The next step is
the hat I thought of making it out of some red velvet I have in my stash and
use a heavy stabilizer with it. to make some type of ruffled brim connected
to a headband. Then trim it where the headband and the velvet meet with the
fuzzy trim. But, I don't know if this will work. Does anyone have an idea
for an easy carolers type hat? I can use either polar fleece or velvet.

She in PA

Polar fleece can make a nice warm hat. Sew a tube of a width to fit the
head. Roll a band on one end. Gather the other about 4 inches below the
end of the tub and sew, pin, or knot it. Then cut 3 inches of fringe
into the bit above the knot. Should not take long at all, and it would
benefit by being warm.

-georg
Old November 22nd 05, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Check out the fleece hat patterns on www.hancockfabrics.com. Click on free
patterns just above the red menu bar. They have lots of fleece patterns
there.
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

. ..

Old November 22nd 05, 01:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

mailed and posted
She:
You might want to try a Mob Cap. That is a hat similar to the
ones worn here in Colonial and Early American times. It is sort
of like a shower cap with a wide ruffle. So, base your
measurements on that, adding 7 to 8" for ruffle. You can sew
these wrong side together, and not bother to turn, since the
fleece cut edge is okay. Cut two circles, pin together, then add
a channel about 4" in from the edge; thread elastic through
channel to fit person. (You left the opening, right?) Now sew
along the cut edge, trimming as desired. Someone here in RCTQ
Land made one this summer, IIRC.

HTH. PAT in VA/USA

She in PA wrote:
I am making 3 capes and hats for Carolers at my church. I am making the
capes out of dark red polar fleece. I am going to trim them in white fake
fur or a boa or something white and fuzzy I can find cheap. The next step is
the hat I thought of making it out of some red velvet I have in my stash and
use a heavy stabilizer with it. to make some type of ruffled brim connected
to a headband. Then trim it where the headband and the velvet meet with the
fuzzy trim. But, I don't know if this will work. Does anyone have an idea
for an easy carolers type hat? I can use either polar fleece or velvet.

She in PA

What is 180 and 360 degree type pop up origami architecture? oriflare General Crafting 0 November 12th 05 10:38 PM
Large Type Crosswords CrossKit Beads 0 March 2nd 05 06:35 PM
Large Type Crosswords CrossKit Needlework 0 March 2nd 05 06:34 PM
HOW RUBBER STAMPS ARE MADE & how i made $$$ - I AM SELLING MY MACHINE AND METAL SHEETS Nintendo DS 4 Sale Rubberstamps 3 November 28th 04 12:28 PM
AD: More Japanese Cahracter TYPE SETS up for Auction OopsArt Polymer Clay 0 October 13th 03 06:01 AM