ok - the story

Old July 16th 05, 05:12 PM
Mika

The only kudos she'll be able to get out of it all is to show what a fool
and a con she is when she shows off her beautiful quilts and brags about how
she scammed the group, not once but twice. If she can scam and con over
something as simple as a quilt, I imagine she has quite the bipolar/criminal
mind. I am not saying that in a derogatory way to anyone who has bipolar
disorder. I am speaking from experience in dealing with a son who is bipolar
and can con an snake charmer into kissing the snake. I just think it's sad
that anyone would want to openly acknowledge what a fool they are in the way
NanaV did. I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful, loving, caring
group though.

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

"Patti" wrote in message
Precisely, Karen.
And so of what worth are they?
None at all. There can be no kudos in deceiving a group of caring and
thoughtful individuals who go out of their way to give help and comfort
when it seems needed.
.
In message he7Ce.180212$nG6.165724@attbi_s22, Queen of Squishies
writes
When someone says she is going to come back and scam us out of another Hug
quilt, and succeeds in doing just that, I have a hard time defending her
and
saying she is emotionally deserving to have a Hug from us. Be that as it
may, she now has 2 from us, both scammed.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old July 16th 05, 05:53 PM
Vickie Y

OMG!! I've been sitting here trying to catch up with these posts, and I'm
just shocked that Vickie would pull this crap again! I remember this so
well, Gen, sitting next to you while you frantically sewed that binding on
so it could be mailed the next day!
Guess she "pulled through" after all, huh? What nerve!!!! I even remember
our Connie flying from England to New York to visit her! Why not just come
right out and say it: Vickie Oppenheimer, from White Plains, N.Y. Is this
where she's still living?
I'm still sitting here shaking my head at how low some people can be!
Bless you all, especially Karen, for being "too Nice"! All the intentions
were well and good, you just had no idea you were being "had". The woman is
a sad, compulsive liar. So sad!

Vickie in Cleveland

Gen wrote ...
Thanks. As I just mailed you privately there is absolutely no doubt in my
mind---I'll even name names. Oppie. I just did a Google search for the
address and it's the same, her email has part of the same as before, and a
lot of the posting have the same ring to them. It was the note from her
":cousin" that really tipped me off. Now she has 2 hug quilts. I don't
see
how she can live with herself! I wonder how many months or years before
she
tries again. At least we'll be a little more careful.next time. Some
work
of art!!!!!!!!! It was neither of our faults----we got suckered into
feeling sorry for someone that has no intention of being truthful. Guess
she hasn't used the first one on her casket yet!!!!!!!!!!!
Gen

Old July 16th 05, 07:11 PM
Don/Gen

I agree. She's fully aware of what she's doing. Trust me on this one. A
lot of you don't know what transpired last time, but from one that was there
(not me) she fully knows what she's doing. Don't waste you energy feeling
sorry for her. This is just a game she plays. Just be more cautious next
time before any of us get suckered into her game again.
Gen

Old July 16th 05, 07:32 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Don/Gen" wrote:

I agree. She's fully aware of what she's doing. Trust me on this one. A
lot of you don't know what transpired last time, but from one that was there
(not me) she fully knows what she's doing. Don't waste you energy feeling
sorry for her. This is just a game she plays. Just be more cautious next
time before any of us get suckered into her game again.
Gen

"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
When someone says she is going to come back and scam us out of another Hug
quilt, and succeeds in doing just that, I have a hard time defending her

and
saying she is emotionally deserving to have a Hug from us. Be that as it
may, she now has 2 from us, both scammed.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Okay, I'm curious, and I'll admit it. What is the full story???
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old July 16th 05, 08:10 PM
Krysia Thompson

You mean to say it was Oppie? How was she uncovered, so to speak?
Was Connie the sleuth????

Krysia

I have been pursuaded to make this public for the good of all. I didn't
feel too good about it, because I was the main instrument, but heck, it
wasn't my fault. I'm just too nice. : )

I got an email, and a follow-up phone conversation, from someone who was
around 5 years ago. This woman 'NanaV' pulled the same thing back then.
But when the Hug quilt was delivered, and she was visited in person by an
RCTQ'r from out of the country no less, her husband didn't know anything at
all about her "bad" health situation. The name was different, and the
health situation was slightly different, as well as the added family
problems this time. When she was exposed five years ago, she threatened to
be back, and to be so good at it that we would never know. She did.

There are some current RCTQ'rs of long-standing who can help me explain and
verify this story if there are any more questions. She has a Hug
quilt........ but we have a life! sheesh.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

K.T. - starannie opakowana
Old July 16th 05, 08:28 PM
nana2b

DH thinks that if a Hug quilt is requested it should be "sponsored" by a
RCTQ member. That way we know the person that needs it is legit. Something
to think about. I hate to admit he might be on the right track.

Linda in Tx

Old July 16th 05, 09:35 PM
Joanne Passmore

On 7/16/05 3:28 PM, in article 9ddCe.3598$k_.112@trnddc07, "nana2b"
wrote:

DH thinks that if a Hug quilt is requested it should be "sponsored" by a
RCTQ member. That way we know the person that needs it is legit. Something
to think about. I hate to admit he might be on the right track.

Linda in Tx

This is a very good idea.

Old July 16th 05, 10:00 PM
Kris Bishop

Hi Vickie & All,
Oh my gosh! I remember all that happening in the past too. This
all boggles the mind. I've been on this newsgroup since around 1997.

Kris ( in a very hot northern Virginia)

Old July 16th 05, 10:14 PM
Don/Gen

Yes, it's her again. Things didn't add up and I got a few clues. Karen
already had a feeling things weren't right. We talked and confirmed our
fears. Connie had such a bad experience with her that she left the group.
She's not been on in years.
Gen

Old July 16th 05, 10:23 PM
Diana Curtis

Could you explain what you mean by sponsored?
Diana, poking her head up out of Harry Potters world to get a bite to
eat.....

eScrew [email protected] Yarn 0 December 20th 04 10:54 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Needlework 0 December 20th 04 09:23 AM
eScrew zen story [email protected] Quilting 0 December 20th 04 08:59 AM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 01:05 PM