ok - the story

Old July 16th 05, 01:16 AM
Don/Gen

True, but unless you were around for the first one you might think this. A
lot came out at that time, some privately and some not. She knows exactly
what she's doing. The least she could do is donate both of them to a
Woman's shelter
Gen

or perhaps she in such deep denial or in pain about something that
she truly doesn't understand just what she'd done. I'm not saying
what she's done is right, just saying that there is always more to a
story then what is told at first.

Donna

Old July 16th 05, 01:20 AM
Carey N.

Thanks for the kind words, Pat. Thought I saw someone in that far corner.
(Waving to Shirley from here in Massachusetts.)
--
Carey in MA

"Patti" wrote in message ...
Don't worry, Carey. We have a dear RCTQ friend, who lives here in
England, who also doesn't quilt (yet? g). It is always great when she
pops in to say a word or two about something.
(Hope you're keeping well, Shirley!)
.
In message , Carey N. writes
Thanks for your offer of assistance, but I'm not quite geared up to

learning
to quilt yet. Still enamored of cross-stitch and machine knitting.

Believe
me, after seeing some of the work done by the quilters here, I know where

go for instructions. I do enjoy just hanging around here for now, since
you're all so nice and lively, and don't seem to mind when I do join a
conversation. You are all wonderful and talented people.
--
Carey

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old July 16th 05, 01:40 AM
Sally Swindells

Such a lot of posts on this. Don't 'nasty things' really serve to
unite people.

So what was the main thing 'she' achieved?

She gained a quilt, but it isn't a 'magic' one any more because she
destroyed the magic, and the magic has come back to to RCTQ United to
be given to someone else.

And what did we achieve? A group of people from all over the world
gave a little of their time and love, and as a result were drawn
closer together and strengthened. Much more important than anything
else isn't it.

So she didn't win did she.

Just musings..

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:41:41 GMT, Sandy Foster
wrote:

In article m8VBe.177889$xm3.20382@attbi_s21,
"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote:

No, I know you guys don't blame me in the least. Everyone is wonderful!
And I can see that this was really unavoidable in retrospect. No one
suspected anything until it was too late. Won't stop me from being involved
again.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I'm so glad to hear that, Karen. Of *course* no one blames you or anyone
else here -- it wasn't anyone's fault that she suckered us. And of
course we'll continue making Hug blocks and quilts -- we wouldn't be
RCTQers, otherwise.

Old July 16th 05, 01:40 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Let me piggyback here and say I totally agree with Carey. NanaV's illness
may not be what she claims, but she is certainly ill enough to merit a hug
quilt from you wonderful folks. Mental illnesses are just as serious and
deserving of consideration as physical illnesses. I can honestly say that
my bouts of depression affected my life at least as much as my chronic
carpal tunnel and tendonitis do. More, in fact, because I have the will and
energy to overcome the physical handicap.

So no more self-flagellation, please!!! You quilters are a wonderful part
of life, and you deserve applause for your caring and generosity.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

"Carey N." wrote in message
Okay, RCTQers, let a lurking non-quilter butt in and applaud you all for
caring enough to offer comfort to someone that was seemingly experiencing
hard times. The fact that she was not (at least, not in the way that was
described) in no way diminishes your thoughts, efforts and prayers. Your
talents and thoughtfulness have my complete admiration.
--
Carey in MA

"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
I have been pursuaded to make this public for the good of all. I didn't
feel too good about it, because I was the main instrument, but heck, it
wasn't my fault. I'm just too nice. : )

I got an email, and a follow-up phone conversation, from someone who was
around 5 years ago. This woman 'NanaV' pulled the same thing back then.
But when the Hug quilt was delivered, and she was visited in person by an
RCTQ'r from out of the country no less, her husband didn't know anything

at
all about her "bad" health situation. The name was different, and the
health situation was slightly different, as well as the added family
problems this time. When she was exposed five years ago, she threatened

be back, and to be so good at it that we would never know. She did.

There are some current RCTQ'rs of long-standing who can help me explain

and
verify this story if there are any more questions. She has a Hug
quilt........ but we have a life! sheesh.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 16th 05, 02:47 AM
Marlys in Indiana

You certainly can't blame yourself. You were on an errand of mercy and
believed it was a "needed" errand of mercy. Those who take advantage of
others will be rewarded justly. Also, as others have stated, she is most
definitely in need of help and, hopefully, all the efforts of others would
help
her be restored in some way, to realize she has wronged a number of really
wonderful people.
Hold your head high. You are not to blame.
Marlys in Indiana

Old July 16th 05, 03:18 AM
Sharon Harper

Next time DH heads to the USA I'll make sure he packs a not-so squishie
squishie!!

quicker)

"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
Now from you I was hoping for some of those cookie things that I devour
voraciously but can't remember the name of right now!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

TimTams!!

Old July 16th 05, 03:58 AM
Donna

Karen, Nana V's deceitfullness in no way diminishes the good that RCTQer's
do with their Hugs. You keep up the good work!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old July 16th 05, 05:02 AM
melinda

Patti wrote:
Don't worry, Carey. We have a dear RCTQ friend, who lives here in
England, who also doesn't quilt (yet? g). It is always great when she
pops in to say a word or two about something.
(Hope you're keeping well, Shirley!)

If it's the same Shirley I thinking of, she pops up occasionally
in rec.crafts.beads, she has been very busy.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old July 16th 05, 08:02 AM
Patti

Yes, it's beading Shirley!
(Such beautiful work)

In message 1121486550.166060@idlweb, melinda writes

eScrew [email protected] Yarn 0 December 20th 04 10:54 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Needlework 0 December 20th 04 09:23 AM
eScrew zen story [email protected] Quilting 0 December 20th 04 08:59 AM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 01:05 PM