Taking the Name of Camels in Vain

Old September 9th 04, 03:33 PM
Donna

Brings back memories!! When I was a little girl my Mom had us pull our shoes
off at the door.
Donna

Old September 9th 04, 04:41 PM
DrQuilter

Wow, I am surprised by how strongly people feel about this issue!
And here I am, innocently still thinking the japanese got it right.. )

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old September 9th 04, 04:43 PM
DrQuilter

you talking about me? germ thing? no! I believe in having kids eat
dirt... just not in the living room!

MB wrote:

You know...it might be a germ thing with her, or , perhaps she wants to
keep her house clean so that she can quilt more...or whatever!!!....

Old September 9th 04, 05:36 PM
the black rose

DrQuilter wrote:
Wow, I am surprised by how strongly people feel about this issue!
And here I am, innocently still thinking the japanese got it right.. )

I'm with you, Marissa. I don't like shoes in the house either, but the
best I can do with my guys is ban shoes upstairs.

--
Only cowards fight kids.
the black rose
Old September 9th 04, 05:53 PM
Taria

I don't wear shoes in MY house. I just don't want to be told
after I am at someone else's house to take mine off. My problem
was it was from a controlling woman and was pretty offensive, no
warning, no choice.
If you come to my house it is pretty clean and i will probably be
running around in socks but they are my socks. If I am sewing at
your house my shoes will come off cause that is how I sew. Bet
all you no shoe folks mostly don't have dogs in your houses?
Taria

Old September 9th 04, 06:21 PM
Diana Curtis

I dont have a dog. I wish I did. I still would like it if my friends took
off their shoes in the house, even if I did have pups.
As you pointed out your hostess was rude and overbearing to *insist* on
your taking shoes off. I dont think its polite to insist your guests do
*anything* unless, like smoking inside, it endangers someone's health or
safety. The way I heard it, a hostess's job is to make her guests feel at
home, comfortable emotionally and physically, to the best of her ability.
This gal fell short of the mark.
Come on over... leave your shoes on.. or take them off.. Id be glad to
have you.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

Old September 9th 04, 06:50 PM
the black rose

Taria wrote:
Bet
all you no shoe folks mostly don't have dogs in your houses?

Sorry, you'd be wrong.

--
Only cowards fight kids.
the black rose
Old September 9th 04, 07:22 PM
Taria

that's why I said 'mostly'. ; )
Taria

Old September 9th 04, 07:43 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Floors were meant to be walked on; shoes are meant to be worn.
Quilts are meant to be used.
All are available and cleaned regularly at my house. g

Ragmop/Sandy

Old September 9th 04, 08:00 PM
Diana Curtis

Do you have a quilt in pink and green that wants to go home with me? :-)
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

" Ellison" wrote in message
. com...
Howdy!
Floors were meant to be walked on; shoes are meant to be worn.
Quilts are meant to be used.
All are available and cleaned regularly at my house. g

Ragmop/Sandy

"Taking a spin at pottery class" Mike Pottery 0 October 12th 04 03:56 PM
Taking a break frood Quilting 4 October 20th 03 12:34 AM
taking health risks seriously , silicosis Christina Marriott Pottery 2 July 8th 03 05:57 PM