OT - repost of incredible party invitation

Old September 3rd 04, 03:32 AM
nzl*

oh my goodness, you sure do have a code in your doze.
awwwwww, poor melinda.
hot lemon, honey and whatever you grab first outta the plonk cabinet might
work a treat. lol
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"melinda" wrote...
In the words Bilbo Baggins "Thag you very buch"
--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

Old September 3rd 04, 05:19 AM
melinda

nzl* wrote:
oh my goodness, you sure do have a code in your doze.
awwwwww, poor melinda.
hot lemon, honey and whatever you grab first outta the plonk cabinet might
work a treat. lol
jeanne

I'm not sure how hot lemon and honey would go with licorice shcnapps...
I'm sure it would do some quite disgusting things with stuff like
Baileys.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old September 3rd 04, 08:28 PM
Pati Cook

That is just loverly. Wonderful to have cool air wafting over one whilst
talking and fondling luscious fabrics. BG And I am celebrating in a manner,
last night was my final meeting as Pres. of one of the local quilting
associations. Lots of fun, but I am glad it is over!
(Besides, I got lots of 9 Patches, group tradition is that out going Pres. and
people moving away and such get 6" nine patch blocks in their choice of color
from member of the group who wish to participate. Also got a $75 gift cert. for
one of the LQSs from the members of the board!!! I get to buy stuff...........
yippee.)

LOve fabric. Love teaching people to enjoy fabric and easier ways to sew and
all sorts of things. Anybody have any techniques/ projects they need help
with? Anybody want some help?

Pati, in Phx.

Queen of Squishies wrote:

Oh wonderful welcome, dear hot Pati! Relax, and have a cool drink, while
the pool boys fan you.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Gracious Queen, I do hope to attend your wonderful party. Things are
happening
so fast right now, and the heat is getting to me so I sincerely apologize
for
not responding to your very kind invitation sooner.
Looking forward to all the wonderful, lovely, exquisite fabrics. And to
conversation with all in attendance.

"umbly yours,
Pati, in Phx

Old September 3rd 04, 08:32 PM
Pati Cook

OOPS, forgot to mention that perhaps I should bring some wonderful chile rellano
(imagine a tilde over that "n", please ) casserole and some fresh flour tortillas
for the feast. And some Sangria "soda", wonderful for those of use who wish to
celebrate but can't have alcoholic beverages. sigh.

And some pan dulce???

Pati, in Phx. (the panderia is just "across the road" )

Pati Cook wrote:

Gracious Queen, I do hope to attend your wonderful party. Things are happening
so fast right now, and the heat is getting to me so I sincerely apologize for
not responding to your very kind invitation sooner.
Looking forward to all the wonderful, lovely, exquisite fabrics. And to
conversation with all in attendance.

"umbly yours,
Pati, in Phx

Queen of Squishies wrote:

(I am graciously assuming the best, and that is that you were all too sleepy
to see this within the thread, therefore I am giving you one more (and LAST,
mind you) opportunity to respond. Queens are like that, you know.)

KR LANGE, old newbie said:
"Karen, you can have a party if you
like...can I join in?"

The Queen makes a decision and writes -
"Yes, let's!! We shall have gorgeous fabrics draped all around the place,
for everyone to fondle and gaze upon. We shall have music for dancing in
the moonlight, and - in another room, away from the gorgeous yardages - we
shall have a variety of beverages. We shall have to borrow someone's pool
boys to carry in all of our show and tell, after which they will be
stationed in the beverage room to fill our cups. As the evening wears on,
we shall all be allowed to gather the gorgeous yardages in our arms, and go
to the newly-enlarged-for-the-event sewing room. We shall have a variety of
the best sewing and quilting machines available on one side, and a variety
of the best snacks from around the world available on the other side. We
shall not come out from the party until we are so tired we no longer know
our own names. But if anyone can remember the exact and true name of the
pattern they were working on, the pool boys shall be allowed to drive you to
your destination, of course under the condition of returning immediately.
Any other arrangements you wish to make with said pool boys shall NOT be
associated with the Queen's magnificent party.

awaiting your r.s.v.p, I am, as always,
Your Royal and Gracious Queen of Squishies"
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Old September 3rd 04, 09:40 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Pati Cook wrote:

[...]

Pati, you'll appreciate this. Our outgoing president, quilt show chair
and retreat chair always get to request either FQs or small blocks at
the end of their term. We were just notified what they'd like this time,
and the quilt show chair has requested double wedding ring blocks with
light and dark green adjoining corners. How many do you think she'll
get? Especially since she's rather universally disliked....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old September 3rd 04, 09:59 PM
Queen of Squishies

Looks like we got a live one, folks. Okay, tell you what. I shall
designate the royal gazebo out back for low-technique-only help and serve
classes. Low-only. This IS a party, after all. BUT - it is a QUILTER'S
party, so this is to be expected, I suppose. Have fun!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Old September 3rd 04, 10:01 PM
Queen of Squishies

Yes, yes, bring it all! Royal yummies come in all kinds of packages, eh?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Old September 3rd 04, 10:19 PM
Queen of Squishies

Welcome, Beth, and walk right in. Hey, Pool Boys! Kindly help Lady Beth
carry her lovely velour and other treats!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I will bring my blue velour, to be quilted in with the black
velvet, using gold metallic thread and a feather stitch. Perhaps a
vest or some similiar garment for HRH, and a tidbit of clothing for
myself.

Old September 3rd 04, 11:51 PM
Pati Cook

Well, maybe that is what she requested knowing that it was unlikely she would be
getting many???? I do like that with ours it is set up this way. People may sign
their blocks or not, and make as many or as few, or none, as they wish.

Pati,in PHx

Old September 4th 04, 09:23 AM
Flossy

Hang on!
Is this a real or a cyber party?
I didn't think I could come; but, if Jessamy can, I'll maybe hitch a
ride with her, as she flies across from Holland?

Collect me en route Pat please.....
Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://www.flossy.net

PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY David Chapman Doll Houses 1 January 1st 04 11:57 PM
Story - The Party Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 9th 03 12:37 PM
Ravensdale Shadow party PoRRo Polymer Clay 7 August 14th 03 02:13 PM
Good News: Selling Jewelry at Party marisa2 Beads 2 August 10th 03 05:27 AM