Scientific Experiment (long), not OT

Old May 22nd 04, 03:38 AM
Coleen

Well, I thought it was worth a try, lol.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
(who has been paying attention to those begging posts, lol)

"Martha in IN" wrote in message
Wow! That's pretty good Colleen. I'm impressed. G
Martha

Old May 22nd 04, 04:52 PM
Dr. Quilter

maybe the fact that you washed them all together had something to do
with the result? I wonder what would have happened if you had washed the
clipped ones on one batch, the unclipped in another. you might need a
trigger or initiator for the unraveling to start, and having one
unclipped FQ in the mix might do it.

Shirley Ellen wrote:

I only dry very large pieces of fabric in the dryer. Anything a yard or less
I hang to almost dry and then iron dry the rest of the way. For FQ's I don't
even bother to hang.. they dry fairly quickly using a dry iron on the cotton
setting.

I did find on a piece of fabric that was 4 yards that if I did a large clip
on the corners it helped. That wouldn't be a good idea on a FQ though cause
you'd lose a significant amount of the piece.

Shirley

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
Old May 22nd 04, 04:53 PM
Dr. Quilter

same here. dark, as well. but I think they need to relate to
fabric/quilting, Shona... )

Shona in NZ wrote:

Hey Jo,

I conduct scientific experiments almost daily, do I get chocolate? Dark
please :-)

Shona who works in science and thought she might practice a little begging
in NZ

Old May 22nd 04, 04:56 PM
Dr. Quilter

Well, if the spaghetti where left to dry out in the absence of
bacteria/funghi (and I am not talking porcini here) I am sure they would

Patti wrote:

What I want to know - when you have finishing experimenting of course -
is whether, if you leave the cooked spaghetti on a plate to dry again,
it goes back to its original dry weight?
.

Old May 22nd 04, 04:59 PM
Dr. Quilter

really? I love HUMONGOUS servings of pasta..... I actually think
servings are too small!

Sharon Harper wrote:

What really gets me is that WW classes 1 cup of cooked pasta as small
serve - I'm hard pressed eating 1/2 cup!

Old May 22nd 04, 09:01 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 May 2004 08:02:37 -0700, wrote:

Maybe you are the lucky one. I live near the home of Ghiradelli

chocolate. Or do you
prefer Sharfen-Berger?

I am chocolate-ignorant, and don't know the difference. I have had
Ghiradelli chocolate chips, in my sister's cookies and they weren't
anything better than you could get in the UK, so maybe I need to try
Sharfen-Berger. Sounds German, must be good.

Yes, Scharffenberger is *very* good, but no, it's not German.
(
http://www.scharffenberger.com/) Heads and shoulders above Ghirardelli.
Guess I know what your next squishie needs to be. *grin*

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old May 22nd 04, 09:05 PM
frood

If you like dark chocolate, try Valrhona's Le Noir Gastronomie or El Rey,
especially El Rey's Venezuelan single bean origin series. I love the 70%
Gran Saman one. These chocolates are available in bars in more and more
places, I've found. My local (not so local, but the only one around) bakery
carries them, as does the Whole Foods Market.

If you like milk chocolate, try El Rey's Caoba milk chocolate. It has almost
a carmel-like taste! I am not a big milk choc. fan, but I love this stuff!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 May 2004 08:02:37 -0700, wrote:

Maybe you are the lucky one. I live near the home of Ghiradelli

chocolate. Or do you
prefer Sharfen-Berger?

I am chocolate-ignorant, and don't know the difference. I have had
Ghiradelli chocolate chips, in my sister's cookies and they weren't
anything better than you could get in the UK, so maybe I need to try
Sharfen-Berger. Sounds German, must be good.

-- Jo in Scotland

DMC vs. Anchor experiment Laury Walkey Needlework 17 March 13th 04 01:24 AM
Hi, all! (long) Susanne Quilting 6 August 21st 03 01:04 PM
Long. Sewing blocks to each other Polly Esther Quilting 12 July 22nd 03 05:06 PM