Scientific Experiment (long), not OT

Old May 20th 04, 04:40 AM
Scott Williams

But Diana I gain weight in any temperature water I am placed in LOL.
Scott in CA......
Diana Wrote What i dont understand is why spaghetti gains weight when
placed in hot water but we dont?
Diana

Old May 20th 04, 04:47 AM
Scott Williams

Please do Jo and then will you recook it and let us know if it is like
it was the first time it was cooked? Scott in CA .....
JO Wrote ...What I want to know - when you have finishing experimenting
of course - is whether, if you leave the cooked spaghetti on a plate to
dry again, it goes back to its original dry weight?
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Th e next time I
accidentally leave some out, after I've cooked dinner, I'll let you
know!
-- Jo in Scotland

Old May 20th 04, 05:30 AM
Sharon Harper

What really gets me is that WW classes 1 cup of cooked pasta as small
serve - I'm hard pressed eating 1/2 cup!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

"Shona in NZ" wrote in message
But what does it weigh? Does it weigh less? Perhaps that is the answer

eating more and not cheating snorfle

Shona who actually likes cooked then re-dried spaghetti in NZ

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
No need. Ive left sketties in the colander to dry out overnight so they

are
easier to remove.... they return to a slightly smaller size than

original.
Diana

Old May 20th 04, 11:53 AM

Scientific Experiment (long), not OT

(Kate=A0T.)
I decided years ago not to bother with raveling, I use my serger. Yes
it takes a little time to serge all the raw edges, BUT it is less time
than clipping all those raveled edges. Less of a cleanup also.
Kate T.
---
And to make removing the serger stitches even quicker, you can make a
sandwich of the FQs, serge once around, and only have to remove one run
of stitching after washing.
Anything for a quickie!
Cea
---

South Mississippi
wrote: Before someone else says it, yes, I
did have too much time on my hands today!
I am a dedicated pre-washer and have been interested in the threads
about clipping corners to keep fabric from raveling (unraveling?) in the
wash. Today I acquired 22 FQs and decided to make an experiment out of
the washing process.
snip

Old May 20th 04, 12:00 PM
georg

the black rose wrote:

Sharon Harper wrote:

Come out! Rejoice in that wonderful feeling that NOT pre-washing brings!
Be Evil! Enjoy! Enjoy!

DANCE ON THE ROOFTOPS! DANCE IN THE FLOWERY FIELDS!! I'VE HAD A
VISION!!!!

No wait, I already don't pre-wash. Right then, nothing to see here,
move along, move along.

I don't pre-wash either. I like the washed wrinkly look when things
shrink after the quilting.

-georg

Old May 20th 04, 02:33 PM
Diana Curtis

And Knox gelatine blocks wont ever come off till you forcibly remove them.
Diana

"the black rose" wrote in message
.. .
Amy Tomey wrote:
and it takes at least
a week to fall off the ceiling.

*falls over laughing* Did you find this out from experience? *giggle*
*snort* *honk*

--
the black rose, wench with a wrench
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old May 20th 04, 02:36 PM
Diana Curtis

Only the larger forms of pasta go in the lingerie bag. Sketties and smaller
sneak out thru the holes in the bag. Manicotti will not.
Diana

"frood" wrote in message
om...
Don't you wash your spaghetti in a lingerie bag?

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"NightMist" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 May 2004 23:34:22 GMT, "nana2b"
wrote:

I put mine in a lingerie bag and wash in gentle and that made for

hardly
any
raveling at all. The best for me is not to pre-wash.

On my server this showed up right after Amy's spaghetti on the ceiling
comment.
You can guess the bizarre image I got in my head!

NightMist
confirmed prewasher and prefers al dente leaning toward verdi.
--
"It's such a gamble when you get a face"
- Richard Hell

DMC vs. Anchor experiment Laury Walkey Needlework 17 March 13th 04 01:24 AM
Hi, all! (long) Susanne Quilting 6 August 21st 03 01:04 PM
Long. Sewing blocks to each other Polly Esther Quilting 12 July 22nd 03 05:06 PM