Scientific Experiment (long), not OT

Old May 19th 04, 11:48 PM
the black rose

hfw wrote:
I'm so glad to hear that!! I've not been pre-washing and feeling 1) like I'm
in the closet and can't come out

BAH! I never pre-wash.

So there!

--
the black rose, wench with a wrench
proud to be owned by a yorkie

Old May 20th 04, 12:19 AM
Amy Tomey

how else do you tell it's done? toss a strand up and ... if it sticks, it's
done.
(works with macaroni, too)

Actually, I've had them up there as much as a month (don't tell my
Mother-In-Law)

"the black rose" wrote in message
.. .
Amy Tomey wrote:
and it takes at least
a week to fall off the ceiling.

*falls over laughing* Did you find this out from experience? *giggle*
*snort* *honk*

Old May 20th 04, 12:57 AM

The bait is sooooo tempting. But my last experiment was with free FQs; remember
I said I had "acquired" them?

I'll have to set up a whole research team to "acquire" the flannels. But, then I
could pay them with the chocolates you would send. This is going to take a while
to sort out.

[Polly, don't hold your breath, or your project, waiting for the results of this
next scientific experiment.]

--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow

Johanna Gibson wrote:

On Wed, 19 May 2004 21:43:54 GMT, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

I went to www.stitchingpostquilts.com to look at flannel. They only have
680. The apple butter ones look lovely, but just the first page of flannels
offered too many gorgeous ones. That's why I was hoping some of you could
identify some favorites. Polly

I'm hoping Anne will take the bait and test some out! Then I can
send her chocolate from various countries.

-- Jo in Scotland

remove NOSPAM to reply
Old May 20th 04, 02:38 AM
Sharon Harper

Come out! Rejoice in that wonderful feeling that NOT pre-washing brings!
Be Evil! Enjoy! Enjoy!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (Can you tell I'm a
non-washer too?)

"hfw" wrote in message
I'm so glad to hear that!! I've not been pre-washing and feeling 1) like

I'm
in the closet and can't come out and 2) nervous that if I ever quilt and
bind any of these tops, I could be in BIG trouble when I wash them. (None
have been flannel--I don't think I'd risk that!)

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

"frood" wrote in message
om...
Hey! Some of my best friends are non-pre-washers!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"hfw" wrote in message
But...but...but...isn't that heresy??!?

"nana2b" wrote in message

The best for me is not to pre-wash.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old May 20th 04, 03:02 AM
Shona in NZ

I wondered that too Patti. And also whether it loses weight as it cools?

Shona thinking spaghetti or some sort of pasta would be nice for dinner
tonight in NZ

"Patti" wrote in message
What I want to know - when you have finishing experimenting of course -
is whether, if you leave the cooked spaghetti on a plate to dry again,
it goes back to its original dry weight?
.
In article , Shona in NZ
writes
Oh, we understand Polly. I, for one, can hardly wait to hear the results

of
your's, Sherry's and Sharon's experimental outcomes :-)

Shona who has never thought about how much weight spaghetti gains during

the
cooking process in NZ

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Sorry. I can't help you with this scientific experiment. I am far too

busy
counting spaghetti strands with Sherry and Sharon. We have our

priorities,
you know. Polly

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old May 20th 04, 03:04 AM
Shona in NZ

But what does it weigh? Does it weigh less? Perhaps that is the answer to
eating more and not cheating snorfle

Shona who actually likes cooked then re-dried spaghetti in NZ

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
No need. Ive left sketties in the colander to dry out overnight so they

are
easier to remove.... they return to a slightly smaller size than original.
Diana

"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 May 2004 08:15:00 +0100, Patti
wrote:

What I want to know - when you have finishing experimenting of course -
is whether, if you leave the cooked spaghetti on a plate to dry again,
it goes back to its original dry weight?

The next time I accidentally leave some out, after I've cooked
dinner, I'll let you know!

-- Jo in Scotland

Old May 20th 04, 03:35 AM
Polly Esther

No problem. I think the flannel quilt doesn't come up on the schedule until
April 3, 2007. Polly

wrote The bait is sooooo tempting. But my

Old May 20th 04, 04:02 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Very good, Wendy. g

While at the drapery shop the other day, digging for free leftovers,
several of us commented on the silverfish scuttling thru' the
shelves of fabric. The shop owner says, "It comes that way
from the warehouse."
I always wash new fabric.

Ragmop/Sandy
"frood" wrote in message
om...
There are just as many valid reasons for not pre-washing as there are in
favor. Whichever reasons apply to you is fine with me. If I were to

receive
a squishie from your unwashed stash, for example, it's no hardship to me
just to pop it in the washer when I'm through fondling it. ;-)

Old May 20th 04, 04:15 AM
Taria

Kind of gross but I learned that if you have roach problems
the same stuff you use on them will kill silverfish. They are
really destructive those silverfish. Haven't seen too much in
the way of bugs in this house. I'm not complaining but cats
kind of think they are fun to chase.
Taria

Ellison wrote:

Howdy!
Very good, Wendy. g

While at the drapery shop the other day, digging for free leftovers,
several of us commented on the silverfish scuttling thru' the
shelves of fabric. The shop owner says, "It comes that way
from the warehouse."
I always wash new fabric.

Ragmop/Sandy
"frood" wrote in message
om...

Old May 20th 04, 04:17 AM
the black rose

Sharon Harper wrote:
Come out! Rejoice in that wonderful feeling that NOT pre-washing brings!
Be Evil! Enjoy! Enjoy!

DANCE ON THE ROOFTOPS! DANCE IN THE FLOWERY FIELDS!! I'VE HAD A VISION!!!!

No wait, I already don't pre-wash. Right then, nothing to see here,
move along, move along.

--
the black rose, wench with a wrench
proud to be owned by a yorkie

DMC vs. Anchor experiment Laury Walkey Needlework 17 March 13th 04 01:24 AM
Hi, all! (long) Susanne Quilting 6 August 21st 03 01:04 PM
Long. Sewing blocks to each other Polly Esther Quilting 12 July 22nd 03 05:06 PM