New pics in album

Old November 27th 04, 11:29 PM
Bungadora

Default New pics in album

New scanner! Well, at least it's new to me. A co-worker was upgrading and
passed it along on the condition that I knit her socks. She's in a pipe band,
and there is apparently a special bagpiper sock pattern making the rounds. With
all the talk about socks lately, I was well primed.

Sooo...for your amusement I've posted some pictures on RCNTP. I just scanned
the object straight on to the hard drive with a backing cloth, then uploaded
them into the album. I tried out some silk on silk embroidery a couple of
months ago, and made a needlecase as a first crazy quilting project. The angels
are a week old. I think they scanned rather well, although I don't know why one
is so tiny and the other one looks so big.

Waiting to pay the piper,
Dora
Old November 28th 04, 02:17 AM
Dr. Brat

Bungadora wrote:

Sooo...for your amusement I've posted some pictures on RCNTP. I just scanned
the object straight on to the hard drive with a backing cloth, then uploaded
them into the album. I tried out some silk on silk embroidery a couple of
months ago, and made a needlecase as a first crazy quilting project. The angels
are a week old. I think they scanned rather well, although I don't know why one
is so tiny and the other one looks so big.

Ooooh! Nice work, Dora. I especially like the needle case. I'm
supposed to be learning how to crazy quilt, but everything else keeps
getting in the way.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old November 28th 04, 06:02 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Dr. Brat wrote:

I especially like the needle case. I'm
supposed to be learning how to crazy quilt, but everything else keeps
getting in the way.

Elizabeth

I love the needlecase, too.

I've been anxious to get into crazy quilting. The local adult ed offered
a course starting in Sept, and I signed up but it was cancelled for lack
of interest. (But my enthusiasm could have probably made up for three
other people!)

So I'm going to try it on my own. I just finished the "Miss Mary Mack"
by La D Da (http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/La..._mary_mack.htm)

and thought that rather than frame it, I'll make it into a pillow. I
bought four kinds of bright red material that I'm planning to tear apart
and re-sew (piece together), then cut into strips for a "frame" and
crazy-quilt/embelllish the joinings with black floss and some bit of
lace. She's so Victorian, I thought the crazy-quilt effect would set her
off nicely.

sue

Old November 28th 04, 07:21 PM
Bungadora

Dianne Lewandowski

Well, okay, will someone post the original link so I can go have a look see?

It's in the yahoo group in my folder under Photos:

Dora
Old November 28th 04, 11:45 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Ooops. Ya have to join. I'll just try to picture your embroidery in my
head. grin and sigh
Dianne