Question on Silver and Gold

Old April 26th 04, 06:20 PM
Candace

Default Question on Silver and Gold

Everyone sees countless places, sites, listings, jewelry, etc using Bali
Silver, or Hill Tribe Silver. I'm wondering if there is a Gold equivilant(sp)
to Bali and Hill tribe? I mean gold that is as "revered" as the Bali is.
~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old April 26th 04, 10:53 PM
BeckiBead

Not from me. I use gold sparingly -- don't like it as well, and haven't found
a lot of quality. CGM has gold findings like their Bali findings, as do many
companies, but they appear to be (for the most part) silver pieces dipped in
gold, and for me these lose some of their clarity. There are handmade gold
beads out there but they are too expensive for my tastes (I am inherently
cheap) so I don't bother with it much.

It does bother me that a lot of lampwork artists use aventurine stringers,
which causes me to use gold instead of silver. I tend the like the cool colors
better anyway, all of which go better with silver. So, no help here.

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old April 27th 04, 08:25 AM
Candace

Becki,
dh and I prefer silver over gold too, for our glass jewerly (we use almost no
metal in our hemp jewelry, except maybe pewter for charms and such). I'd just
wondered if there was a producer of gold that got everyone as excited as Bali
and Hill Tribe silver.

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old April 27th 04, 03:25 PM
Amber

if memory serves me correctly, I've seen an ad in a few bead magazines
for a website that sells gold vermeil hill tribe silver. I think it's
www.tiger-tiger.com.

just looked it up in a magazine and found the ad..it IS
tiger-tiger.com, but upon visiting the site I can't for the life of me
find the gold vermeil stuff. lots of hill tribe silver though. perhaps
I'm not looking hard enough, or it's an option you select upon
ordering.

-amber.
Old April 27th 04, 04:38 PM
Candace

just looked it up in a magazine and found the ad..it IS
tiger-tiger.com, but upon visiting the site I can't for the life of me
find the gold vermeil stuff. lots of hill tribe silver though. perhaps
I'm not looking hard enough, or it's an option you select upon
ordering.

-amber.

Thanks, amber! I'll google it and see what I can come up with.

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess