Sunday Morning rant: Feb 13th

Old February 13th 05, 01:26 PM
Jenn Vanderslice

Default Sunday Morning rant: Feb 13th

Good Morning all,

Since no one else has started the Sunday morning posting, let me be the
first.
First, an apology to my Feb. 6x6 partner that I haven't made your
squares yet. But in my defense: I wouldn't have an envelope to mail
them anyway. ;-) I need to made a trip to the dollar store! LOL
Today I'm going on an adventure with my mom to NJ to meet my sister.
She's moving to Florida (finally retiring from teaching after 20
years...she's only 58). I'm giving her the down mattress my mother gave
to me because it's too high maintenance for my lifestyle.
We're all meeting at the Lenox outlet where I plan to buy a place
setting of the dishes I picked out (at age 39!) as my good china. This
will be my second place setting. Guess my husband and I can have a
romantic dinner now! :-) If you'd like to see it:
http://www.placesettings.com/gorham_newport_palace.htm
The three of us will all have lunch and then I'll head home.
Also... this morning I did a search for back issues of magazines. Seems
I need to be the resident expert for planting a moon garden (plants that
bloom and omit fragrance at night). Anyone here happen to have these
magazines:
Country Living/May 94
Old House Journal/Sept-Oct 98
American Nurseryman/Jan 94
I searched out their websites and found the phone numbers to call for
back issues...but maybe someone here might happen to have them and can
just copy the articles for me?
Well...I'm off to get a shower. It's sunny...but only suppose to be
43*F here is southeastern PA.

Have a great day all!
Jenn
--
ASC: Born to Herf 2005: http://www.geocities.com/borntoherf/
RCTY F.O.s: http://tinyurl.com/64dq5

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe -
the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant

Old February 13th 05, 02:34 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

I was too busy to post to my blog this morning, but there's seven days
worth 'up' there!
Razing my mug to my RCTY family, and sending hugs!
Noreen
in central TN where it warmed up so it could rain, laxity!!

Old February 13th 05, 02:42 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

OMG, I just saw what my spelling editor did! That should be RAISING my
mug, and what in the heck is laxity???? I WROTE: daXXit.
Noreen
red-faced

Old February 13th 05, 02:50 PM
spampot

Sounds like you need another mug of coffee, Noreen! LOL.

Lazily lifting my cup in serious laxity here in Maryland, where I'm
desperately trying to avoid my Dutch Gardens catalog (I have way too
much yard cleanup to do w/out ordering more plants!)...

Old February 13th 05, 02:52 PM
bungadora

I don't have your magazines, but thanks for the reminder that I need to
clean out the magazine rack. It is so full of course catalogues, promo
materials and old magazines I can't squeeze anything more into it.

I think Victoria once had an article on an all-white night garden that
was quite inspiring. They always had such beautiful photography and I
was sad to see the magazine go.

Gardening time is still 3 or 4 months away here, although the hort
society newsletter tells me I should be able to plant sweet peas at
Easter. I started geranium cuttings last week, and have started to
think about what I am going to use in the planters this year.

I'll be grocery shopping and house cleaning today. I have a meeting
tonight. I guess I should get ready for that as well.

Dora

Old February 13th 05, 04:39 PM
Sarah Carter

Jenn Vanderslice wrote in message

We're all meeting at the Lenox outlet where I plan to buy a place
setting of the dishes I picked out (at age 39!) as my good china. This
will be my second place setting. Guess my husband and I can have a
romantic dinner now! :-) If you'd like to see it:
http://www.placesettings.com/gorham_newport_palace.htm

Very pretty!

Seems
I need to be the resident expert for planting a moon garden (plants that
bloom and omit fragrance at night). Anyone here happen to have these
magazines:

I haven't got any of the magazine you need, but the moon garden sounds like
a great idea! Good luck )

Sarah
--
http://members.ebay.co.uk/eBayISAPI....=daisy_cottage
http://members.ebay.co.uk/eBayISAPI....serid=pookledo

Old February 13th 05, 04:41 PM
Sarah Carter

bungadora wrote in message
oups.com...

Gardening time is still 3 or 4 months away here, although the hort
society newsletter tells me I should be able to plant sweet peas at
Easter. I started geranium cuttings last week, and have started to
think about what I am going to use in the planters this year.

I started some seeds last week and just spotted the firt one peeping through
this morning. A tiny little spot peeking through the compost. I think spring
is well on it's way. The crocuses were out when I went on a walk this
morning )

Sarah

Old February 13th 05, 05:18 PM
Katherine

Very nice china pattern, Jenn.
We have the usual busy day today - rehearsal this afternoon, followed by an
executive meeting, then swim tream for Kandace, then rehearsal for another
show. Fortunately, I have no school tomorrow - a scheduled holiday - so I
will have SOME time to myself.

Have a good week, everyone!

Katherine

Old February 13th 05, 05:19 PM
Katherine

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:
OMG, I just saw what my spelling editor did! That should be RAISING
my mug, and what in the heck is laxity???? I WROTE: daXXit.
Noreen
red-faced

LOL

Hugs,
Katherine

Your Sunday morning coffee NoraBalcer Yarn 189 November 18th 04 02:44 AM
Sunday morning Janise Ross Yarn 2 October 3rd 04 10:11 PM
Sunday morning peace message (little OT) Els van Dam Yarn 5 August 24th 04 09:43 AM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM
Sunday morning Maggs K Yarn 3 April 19th 04 04:10 AM