Going to my backup.......

Old November 25th 03, 03:34 AM
Laurie G.

Default Going to my backup.......

Here I was in the midst of my Christmas gift quilting - table toppers,
table runners and pillows when I learned a hard lesson.......my Pfaff
does not like to sew over (or into!) safety pins. Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh!

Off to my not-so-local sewing machine shop for emergency fixing of the
"no longer connecting the needle thread to the bobbin thread" dilemma!
Talk about bad timing - literally!!!! I really messed it up.

I won't get it back for a week so in the meantime I will be using my
Janome Gem Gold. Not sure how it will take to quilting but I will give
it a go!

That's my sad story and I'm sticking to it! And, it needed a tune-up
anyway. Ho, Ho, Ho!

Laurie G. in quite chilly CA.

Old November 25th 03, 01:50 PM
AliceW

I'm glad you related that story, Laurie. I am on vacation in NC with only
one machine - my Pfaff. I just finished the top to my FILs christmas quilt
and was getting ready to sandwich it and pin it today. I will go home with
a completed quilt, but I guess I'd better be careful of those pins. Not
much open here for shopping or eating, so my chances of finding a repair
shop is pretty slim. Note to self: don't go over the pins, don't go over
the pins, don't go over the pins.............

Alice

. com...

Old November 25th 03, 03:58 PM
Laurie G.

The funny thing is that I watched the pin approaching and asked myself
if I thought I had enough room to avoid it when BAM! the needle just
pounds into it. And, not just once but a few times! The needle broke and
went flying and my Pfaff just said "that's it, I'm done". Cranky!

Laurie

AliceW wrote:
I'm glad you related that story, Laurie. I am on vacation in NC with only
one machine - my Pfaff. I just finished the top to my FILs christmas quilt
and was getting ready to sandwich it and pin it today. I will go home with
a completed quilt, but I guess I'd better be careful of those pins. Not
much open here for shopping or eating, so my chances of finding a repair
shop is pretty slim. Note to self: don't go over the pins, don't go over
the pins, don't go over the pins.............

Alice

. com...

Old November 26th 03, 02:32 PM
Coleen

Laurie --

Oh shucks. What a terrible thing to happen. But thanks for the reminder to
be careful about those awful pins. I try to remember to take them out and
sometimes I forget. Right now I don't have a backup machine so I would be
up the proverbial creek.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
Queen of Loving Stitches

. com...

What is Spam nJb Glass 31 April 13th 05 02:19 AM
VIRUS ALERT Karen C - California Needlework 24 September 16th 04 02:51 AM
Virus - From subscribers of RCTN Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 8 May 2nd 04 01:32 AM
OT -- PDA vs paper planner [email protected] Quilting 47 September 10th 03 06:19 PM