Brother sewing machine?

Old October 14th 03, 03:59 AM
AlenasMom

Default Brother sewing machine?

Does anyone have one? Are they good?

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003
www.maternalinstinctscanada.com
validate the email address before sending.

Old October 14th 03, 08:11 AM
jules

for sewing clothes etc I had a brother for years and still do. Very nice
machines indeed. But some people have said the throat is a little small for
quilting.

--
Jules
able.rogers.com...

Old October 14th 03, 12:42 PM
Joan8904

There are Brothers and there are Brothers. I have a 1500 and love it. Great
for quilting and piecing. Fast, goes back and forth, automatic thread cutter
and knee lift.

joan
joan o'reilly
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

Old October 14th 03, 03:41 PM
Joanna

I have one that I think was bought sometime in the 1970's. I also have a
new Jenome. Well I wouldn't get rid of the brother for nothing. It's a
work horse. Will sew through many layers of denim and I can sew a
straight stitch on it with my eyes closed. It's not a top of the line by
any means although it does have some fancy stitches that I have never
used.

I learned from buying the Jenome though that the biggest piece of advice
is try sewing on it. I did, but not enough. I just sewed though some
thick material, seemed fine. But I have a hard time sewing straight with
it. No maybe that's just me and I need more time with this machine. I've
only had it a couple of years.
Take care
Joanna
--
Remove "quilt" to reply

Old October 14th 03, 03:45 PM
C. Mathews

I own a Brother, bought it new this year from Walmart. I must like them
because I had an old one, plus a flat bed knitting machine.
I find them very reliable and not that expensive.
Carla

able.rogers.com...

Old October 16th 03, 04:20 PM
lahaygood

I bought a Brother five years ago (not from Wal-Mart, from a Brother
dealer). While the machine sewed a beautiful stitch, I hated that machine.
It didn't have a needle down position, a built in thread cutter, and several
other things that I was used to. I passed this machine onto my dd after 6
months of trying to work with it and bought my Viking! I love my Lily 550!
hugs,
la

--
Leigh Anne Haygood
The Scarlet Thread

Will Durant
able.rogers.com...

Old October 18th 03, 08:09 PM
Dr. Quilter

I just got one, and so far I am quite happy with it.

AlenasMom wrote:

Does anyone have one? Are they good?

--
Dr. Quilter