Hello and a question loom finishing

Old March 9th 04, 12:18 AM
Christina Peterson

Hi Lindsey. Welcome. And I haven't got a clue about a better way of
finishing woven ends.

But what the heck, I've got all kinds of ideas about other stuff. And some
are even sensible ideas.

Tina

wrote in message
Greetings. I've been lurking for awhile and wanted to introduce
myself. I make beaded jewelry using whatever beadweaving technique
strikes my fancy at any given moment. I'm a chocolate addict and a
slave to my pet Siamese, Miko. I'm currently working on some loomed
pieces and was wondering if anyone would have any advice on finishing
off the warp threads. Currently I'm trimming them to a reasonable
length then stiching them one by one back up into the weaving. Is
there a more efficient way to cleanly finish off a loom piece or am I
just hoping for something that doesn't exist?

Lindsey

Old March 9th 04, 12:29 AM
Dr. Sooz

Welcome, Lindsey. You may be hoping for a technique that doesn't exist -- I do
off-loom beadweaving, but the loomers I count among my friends all complain of
the same thing you do (below). (BTW, top-posting is ok here) I wish I had
better news...but maybe someone else here has an answer.

Greetings. I've been lurking for awhile and wanted to introduce
myself. I make beaded jewelry using whatever beadweaving technique
strikes my fancy at any given moment. I'm a chocolate addict and a
slave to my pet Siamese, Miko. I'm currently working on some loomed
pieces and was wondering if anyone would have any advice on finishing
off the warp threads. Currently I'm trimming them to a reasonable
length then stiching them one by one back up into the weaving. Is
there a more efficient way to cleanly finish off a loom piece or am I
just hoping for something that doesn't exist?

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 9th 04, 12:29 AM
Dr. Sooz

But what the heck, I've got all kinds of ideas about other stuff. And some
are even sensible ideas.

Haw haw haw
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old March 9th 04, 12:38 AM
mkahogan

Hi Lindsey,
I don't have any answers to your questions. Just wanted to say hi.

I have 2 Domestic shorthair, tabby cats. One is golden and 20 Lbs. The
other has siamese coloring, including the blue eyes, but a tabby shape and
tabby markings.
I do almost exculsively "stringing" of larger beads, except for stitching an
occasional piece in peyote stitch.

Welcome.
KathyH

Old March 9th 04, 01:46 AM

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 00:25:00 -0000, "Helen Page"
wrote:

Hi Lindsey, I don't know what the *best* way is, but on the last loomed
bracelet I made I incorporated the ends into the clasp by knotting together
then threading beads to make 2 loops at one end, and threaded a few small
beads then larger beads on the other end. I'll take a picture of it soon so
you can see what I mean.

That would work for some pieces, thanks. With the one I'm currently
working on, I'm going to fold the ends over and sew them into a tube
loop and make a U shaped pin of wire that would hook into the loops as
a clasp.
Old March 9th 04, 03:07 PM
Kandice Seeber

Welcome to the group, Lindsey! That is how I finish loomed work as well. I
wish there were an easier way! I am sure there is - and I am sure someone
here will post it.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs