Need help finding Stainless Steel casting in Vancouver, BC

Old February 21st 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default Need help finding Stainless Steel casting in Vancouver, BC

Hi,

Does anyone know of a jeweler (or craftsperson) in Vancouver, BC, Canada
(anywhere in the lower
mainland), that can cast stainless steel for me?

Thanks in advance,
Leah

Old February 22nd 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:45:14 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Leah W."
wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know of a jeweler (or craftsperson) in Vancouver, BC, Canada
(anywhere in the lower
mainland), that can cast stainless steel for me?

Thanks in advance,
Leah

Don't know about Canada, though any decent platinum caster, if using a modern
induction melt motor driven centrifuge machine, would be able to cast stainless.
So inquire of any platinum casters you know.

If that doesnt' work, down here in the States, near Portland, Oregon, if I
remember right, you can find the Techform company. They cast platinum, steels,
titanium (I think), both for artists and jewelers, and for folks like medical
device manufacters, if I remember right.

I don't happen to have their phone number handy, but if google doesn't find it
(search just for Techform. "company" isn't in their name. Just Techform.),
then go to the Ganoksin.com web site and search the archives of the Orchid list.
That list is the single most active jewelry discussion forum on the web. By
far. I know Techform has been mentioned before in conjunction with platinum
casting, and I'm sure you'll find posts there with the contact info as well.
Heck, you might even find a Canadian stainless steel caster too.

Hope that helps.

Peter
Old February 22nd 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Peter,

I found the company you mentioned, Techform, at
http://www.techformcasting.com

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Leah

offer stainless steel jewellery James Beads 0 August 1st 05 04:00 AM
Stainless Steel Kinetic Watch with compass Pike Jewelry 0 November 7th 04 06:11 PM
tumbling stainless steel Robert Stenson Jewelry 1 September 24th 04 02:22 AM
Common metal alloys Bungadora Beads 13 April 18th 04 09:35 PM
Where to get stainless steel signet ring "blanks"? (driving me nuts!) Jeff S. Jewelry 2 October 27th 03 06:17 AM