Where can I buy cerium oxide glass polishing powder?

Old January 1st 04, 10:49 PM
Mike J.

Default Where can I buy cerium oxide glass polishing powder?

Hello, Can someone tell me where I can buy cerium oxide glass
polishing powder? I prefer to buy it from a distributor. Thanks.

Mike
Old January 1st 04, 10:52 PM
Javahut

"Mike J." wrote in message
om...
Hello, Can someone tell me where I can buy cerium oxide glass
polishing powder? I prefer to buy it from a distributor. Thanks.

Mike

Somermaca or CR Laurance

Old January 2nd 04, 03:21 AM
Mike J.

"Javahut" wrote in message ...
"Mike J." wrote in message
om...
Hello, Can someone tell me where I can buy cerium oxide glass
polishing powder? I prefer to buy it from a distributor. Thanks.

Mike

Somermaca or CR Laurance

I will try them.

Does anyone know any other distributors? Thanks a lot.
Old January 2nd 04, 03:34 AM
Mike Firth

They are by far the biggest. Make life easy, use them. Both are on the
internet (www.somaca.com www.crlaurence.com ) I see that the later has sort
of blocked access, you can search but not price - just put cerium oxide in
the little search box at top. You can get an account number just by
asking, say you want to pay with a credit card.

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website
"Mike J." wrote in message
om...
"Javahut" wrote in message

om...

Old January 4th 04, 07:26 PM
Mike J.

Can someone recommend just one or two other smaller distributors?

Sommca sells 4 polishing compounds: Lite, Bright, Premier, and Glass
Polishing. I couldn't figure out the differences and their respective
applications. Thanks for your help.

Mike

"Mike Firth" wrote in message ...
They are by far the biggest. Make life easy, use them. Both are on the
internet (www.somaca.com www.crlaurence.com ) I see that the later has sort
of blocked access, you can search but not price - just put cerium oxide in
the little search box at top. You can get an account number just by
asking, say you want to pay with a credit card.

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website
http://users.ticnet.com/mikefirth/hotbit45.htm Latest notes
http://users.ticnet.com/mikefirth/NTBowl.htm Once again, Empty Bowls
will collect for the North Texas food banks - donate.
"Mike J." wrote in message
om...
"Javahut" wrote in message

om...

Old January 5th 04, 02:39 AM
Javahut

What are you doing with it?
Are you a beveler that has never bought any? That would help.

om...

"Mike Firth" wrote in message

They are by far the biggest. Make life easy, use them. Both are on the
internet (www.somaca.com www.crlaurence.com ) I see that the later has

sort
of blocked access, you can search but not price - just put cerium oxide

in
the little search box at top. You can get an account number just by
asking, say you want to pay with a credit card.

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website
http://users.ticnet.com/mikefirth/hotbit45.htm Latest notes
http://users.ticnet.com/mikefirth/NTBowl.htm Once again, Empty Bowls
will collect for the North Texas food banks - donate.
"Mike J." wrote in message
om...
"Javahut" wrote in message

om...

Old January 6th 04, 06:39 PM
nJb

"Mike J." wrote:

"Javahut" wrote in message ...
"Mike J." wrote in message
om...
Hello, Can someone tell me where I can buy cerium oxide glass
polishing powder? I prefer to buy it from a distributor. Thanks.

Mike

Somermaca or CR Laurance

I will try them.

Does anyone know any other distributors? Thanks a lot.

http://www.granitecitytoolvt.com/home.html

Just call the number on the page. They sell it by the pound.
--
Jack

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/
Old January 19th 18, 11:55 AM
Olden Olden is offline
Junior Member

I bought it at Interiør Trondheim In central Norway. I am not sure where you live, but its great service there.
Old January 15th 14, 02:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Mandy Chen

在 2004å¹´1月2日星期五UTC+8上åˆ5æ—¶49分06ç§’ï ¼ŒMike J.写é“:
Hello, Can someone tell me where I can buy cerium oxide glass
polishing powder? I prefer to buy it from a distributor. Thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike,
This is Mandy chen from hunan Haozhi New Materials Co., ltd, the leading producer of polishing materials for optical industry. we annually produce 1200mt cerium oxid polishing powder, 2000mt silicon oxide polishing slurry. we mainly supply to the precision optical producers in Asia, our clients include :AGC, NSG, CORNING, HOYA, CANNON, LG, FOXCONN, TPK, OPTIALS. etc.

From your website, we know you are producin optical components, I trust some of cerium oxide polishing powder could satisfy your requirement in a more efficent way. just let us know your material type, polishing machine, pollishing requirement, product type, our experienced technicians will recommend the most proper products to you. for more information regarding our company, pls refer to : www.haozhigroup.com.

my email is
Old January 15th 14, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Mandy Chen

Hi Mike,
This is Mandy chen from hunan Haozhi New Materials Co., ltd, the leading producer of polishing materials for optical industry. we annually produce 1200mt cerium oxid polishing powder, 2000mt silicon oxide polishing slurry. we mainly supply to the precision optical producers in Asia, our clients include :AGC, NSG, CORNING, HOYA, CANNON, LG, FOXCONN, TPK, OPTIALS. etc.

From your website, we know you are producin optical components, I trust some of cerium oxide polishing powder could satisfy your requirement in a more efficent way. just let us know your material type, polishing machine, pollishing requirement, product type, our experienced technicians will recommend the most proper products to you. for more information regarding our company, pls refer to : www.haozhigroup.com.