RCTQ 2006-2007 BOM for March - Final (and real) One!

Old March 1st 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

Default RCTQ 2006-2007 BOM for March - Final (and real) One!

Ok, so now that I have made you all wait an extra day....here is the
final installment of our 2006-2007 BOM! I hope you all have had as
much fun making the blocks as I have had picking them out.

There are two things you need to remember at this point:

1. Send your pictures to Teri to post in the gallery!

2. The BOM will need a new host/ess for 2007-2008 - so please feel
free to volunteer now!

Enjoy!
Dannielle
(Larisa - if this post is wonky, would you work your magic and make it
appear nice again like you did last month? Google is NOT my friend!
TYVM!)

How this BOM works is I will post block patterns each month near the
beginning of each month. One is pieced, one appliqué and one paper
pieced. It is up to you which one (or ones) you would like to do.
You will work at your own pace over the course of each month. You
keep your blocks. You do not mail them to me. At the end of the year
you will have twelve blocks to set into a quilt. You keep the quilt.
You do not mail it to me (unless you really feel the need to give me
this gift!). You will then have your very own 2006-2007 RCTQ BOM
quilt. When I announce a month's block patterns, I will also include
the previous months' as well so if you decide to join along the way
you will have all the blocks. Pieced blocks and paper pieced blocks
will be 12" in size whenever possible and appliqué blocks will be
whatever I can find that is available. Feel free to size up/down if
you so chose.

This BOM will run from April 2006 through May 2007. This is how the
schedule breaks down:
April 2006 - March 2007: Monthly blocks
April 2007: Completing the Top (setting, sashing, borders, etc.)
May 2007: Completing the Quilt (quilting, binding, labeling, etc.) -
Done!

Marcia Hohn has a pin rating on her site (www.quilterscache.com) that
rates the level of difficulty of her block patterns. One pin blocks
are fairly simple and they increase in difficulty as the number of
pins increase. I will start with one pin blocks and increase our
difficulty as we go so that we are challenged, but not overwhelmed! I
also consider myself a fairly novice quilter, and these will all be
blocks I would be willing to try (well, maybe not the appliqué). Most
of the blocks with only have three colors to them; however, some of
them may have four.

Finished blocks can be seen at http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/RCTQ-2006-2007-BOM
I must give a very large THANK YOU! to Teri for maintaining the
gallery!

Dannielle

April 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/StarflowerBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/D/Doubl...ill2Block.html
Appliqué: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt189/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

May 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/CardBasketBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/Eig...ion2Block.html
Appliqué: http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/DogwoodBlock.html
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

June 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/Mosaic2Block.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/BeaconLightsBlock.html
(this
can be paper pieced or use regular templates!)
Appliqué: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt171/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

July 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/FoldedStarBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/NightandDayBlock.html
Appliqué: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/CarolinaLilyBlock.html
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

August 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/Mar...StarBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/Sta...ndsBlock..html
Appliqué: http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/SunflowerBlock.html
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

September 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/CoronationBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/Bir...diseBlock.html
Appliqué: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt65/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

October 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/Spi...atchBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/G_I/HuntersStarBlock.html
Appliqué: http://www.quilt-design.com/BOM/patnov983.htm
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

November 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/S/Squar...aresBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BlazingStarBlock.html
Appliqué: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt126/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

December 2006:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DoubleAsterBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BrotherBearBlock.html
Appliqué Block: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt85/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

January 2007:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SpinkysBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/F/Four&...irdsBlock.html
Appliqué Block: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt253/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

February 2007:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Black...autyBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Boxes&BowsBlock.html
Appliqué Block: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt169/
*Please remember to choose your block size and re-size accordingly if
you are doing the appliqué blocks. Not all patterns will be the same
size.

March 2007:
Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/D/Doubl...hainBlock.html
Paper Pieced Block: http://www.quilterscache.com/E/ExplodingStarBlock.html
Appliqué Block: http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt148/

Old March 1st 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

Default ATTN JOHN..... RCTQ 2006-2007 BOM for March - Final (and real) One!

great choices this month, Dannielle.
tis great how you started out easy-ish and they got a wee bit more
complicated as the yr progressed. nice choices for all of them.
i cant wait to see how those applique blocks come out this month.

three cheers for our 2006-2007 BOM hostess.
hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray!!!!!
jeanne

\/

hey John, that first pieced block chosen for March BOM might work for what
you've got in mind. just put the different fabrics in different positions on
the block. its also got that Irish Chain bit going for it.
will be less boring than a bunch of sqs, sqs, sqs, sqs, sqs.
now you got some action with those triangles in it. wooooohoooo.
just my 2 cents.
jeanne
has nothing at all to do with the fact i'm irish and its a star block )
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Dannielle" snipped

Old March 1st 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
offkilterquilter

Dannielle wrote:
(Larisa - if this post is wonky, would you work your magic and make it
appear nice again like you did last month? Google is NOT my friend!
TYVM!)

Looks good to me....links worked wiht nothing being cut off :-)

Larisa, who obviously can't spell tonight
Old March 1st 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Hey Larisa -

I was going through the months and I can't get to several of them.. Says
the page can't be displayed. Is this what Dannielle was talking about.
There were 3 or 4 of them.

Would like to put the whole thing in my file and work on them when and IF I
get time (hahahahahaha)

--
Cindy from MO

"offkilterquilter" wrote in message
. ..

Old March 1st 07, 09:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

thanks Danielle! now I can (finally LOL) get the last two blocks made!
amazingly this block was one I had earmarked for myself to make as the extra
block if you didn't post it and hey presto you did :-D

as my extra block to make up the amount I need I'll be making this one with
a less scrappy look:
http://www.quilterscache.com/W/WhirlingStar2Block.html

thanks for hosting it the past year!

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/Sta...ondsBlock.html

Old March 1st 07, 11:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

On Mar 1, 4:19 am, "Jessamy"
wrote:
thanks Danielle! now I can (finally LOL) get the last two blocks made!
amazingly this block was one I had earmarked for myself to make as the extra
block if you didn't post it and hey presto you did :-D

as my extra block to make up the amount I need I'll be making this one with
a less scrappy look:http://www.quilterscache.com/W/WhirlingStar2Block.html

thanks for hosting it the past year!

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)
In The Netherlands
Take out: _I love the colour_ to reply.http://www.geocities.com/jessamy_tho...pson/my_photos

Very pretty Jessamy! I can't wait to see all of your blocks put
together!

You all are very welcome! I am truly humbled - especially by that
cheer....It was a real ego booster this morning and I needed it today
of all days!

Dannielle

Old March 1st 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
offkilterquilter

Cindy Schmidt wrote:

Hey Larisa -

I was going through the months and I can't get to several of them.. Says
the page can't be displayed. Is this what Dannielle was talking about.
There were 3 or 4 of them.

Would like to put the whole thing in my file and work on them when and IF I
get time (hahahahahaha)

no, last time part of the link was missing....email me which ones you
need and I will hunt for them for you..or post here...lol
Old March 1st 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Default RCTQ 2006-2007 BOM for March - Final (and real) One! - finding old blocks

I'm behind and had that problem too. For me it was Quilters Cache where it
happened. The lady there changed her file structure so the blocks aren't in
the same place -- but they are there! If you just go to
http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html
and look in the alphabetical listing. that's where I found the "missing"
blocks.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

Old March 1st 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

thanks :-) I hope to at least sash the blocks at the retreat later this
month till then all the blocks made so far are in the special photo RCTQ BOM
album on my yahoo photo's page

after running behind for all of the first and most of the second I am really
in gear to finish this and get it off the wips list (fortunately it's off
the UFO list as it's an active project now :-D)

Old March 2nd 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

I like that crocus. I'm gonna make mine purple!

Thanks for all the applique blocks. I am very behind, but I'll get
them made eventually. I'm doing a kitten block right now. I forgot
which month it was posted, but that is where I am.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

RCTQ 2006-2007 BOM - January 2007 Dannielle Quilting 13 December 26th 06 05:23 PM
2006-2007 RCTQ BOM for May Dannielle Quilting 8 May 2nd 06 02:04 PM
2006-2007 RCTQ BOM Dannielle Quilting 9 April 1st 06 02:38 AM
2006-2007 RCTQ BOM Dannielle Quilting 12 March 14th 06 01:53 AM
2006-2007 RCTQ BOM Melissa in NJ Quilting 11 November 4th 05 03:12 PM