Whatcha Looking For?

Old March 22nd 04, 01:43 AM
sdgodfrey

What an interesting topic! I'm not looking for anything in particular
but always love to acquire kitty cat fabric.

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

news7j7c.456

Old March 22nd 04, 02:23 AM
Shona in NZ

Hi Diana,

Great question! I will certainly be making a list of responses too!

I am on the lookout for some tropical fish/coral reef fabric, not the cutsie
sort of fish but realish looking ones for a reef quilt I am planning. I've
seen what I want but heck if I can find it, apparently it is an "older"
fabric :-(

I am also collecting bugs for a bug jar quilt and novelties for an eye-spy

Shona who has been sanding instead of sewing in NZ

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
news
In a few previous posts people have been offering bits of their stashes to
applicants. Im not doing that here. A few people spoke out looking for
specific fabrics, pigs, elephants to name a few, so... I was wondering...
What sort of fabrics is everyone looking for? Do you have a need some

bugs,
or cars? Could you use a butterfly or two, or would a wacky wizard

possibly
do? Are you needing bright pink spirals or tetrahedron shaped guitars? Is
your latest project lacking orange lollipops or spectacular colored stars?
Please fill us in and let us know, in case we get an urge, or see a

certain
something, its a good excuse to splurge!
Ok.. rhyme done. If you post I will keep a little list in case I find
something that suits your need. I bet others might just keep a list too!
This doesnt take the place of the directory. That has a much broader

listing
of likes and dislikes. This is for current, or soon to be ... or still
collecting for projects ....
Diana, hoping she doesnt miss any posts on this one.

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old March 22nd 04, 02:42 AM

I'm searching for a lime green and blue green to put into sashing
(possibly attic window strips) for a HUG Friendship Star quilt with
yellow stars/blue BG blocks for a dear friend ill with cancer. Also
collecting blacks with white for a Scottie dog design. Love anything
with Scotties on it. Nancycog in MD

Old March 22nd 04, 05:06 AM
Wanda

I'm looking for a place to put 26 bolts of fabric. My DD and Her DH went
garage saleing. A woman was selling her Mothers stash. She was either a
prolific quilter or was obessed with SEX. The bolts have from 5 to 25 yards
on them, they paid 1 to 2 dollars a bolt. Five of them are cotton and poly
blend but the rest is cotton. There is mucho fq's and small yardage. I
haven't been able to fondle or play around, spent last week in the
hospital. I'm still not feeling well but much better than I did. I was
hospitalized because I was having difficulty breathing. They did a heart
cath and lo and behold I did not have any blockages any where. To celebrate
not having to have any stents put in I had choc.cake and ice cream tonight.I
hope to start washing and planning what to do with it. It has to be moved
off the sofa.
Wanda from T-Town

Old March 22nd 04, 05:15 AM
Dave Malcolm

I'm not that particular, I take anything and it doesn't even need to be sewn
into a quilt :-))))

Dee in Oz

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote
I'm looking for the kind that are sewn into finished quilts. If you don't
already have my addy, just email me.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

[...]

---

Old March 22nd 04, 06:03 AM
Sharon Harper

Oh Jeepers! Don't some people have all the luck?! About all I can say is
Congratulations and may you quilt for a loooooooooooong time! LOL

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

Old March 22nd 04, 09:36 AM
-- Jo in Scotland

[...]

I love stripes! Especially rainbow stripes. My second love is
stars, particularly on a night sky type of fabric. Apart from these
two, I like fabric, but not so much that I stroke it and grow dizzy at
the idea of cutting into it...

-- Jo in Scotland
Old March 22nd 04, 10:57 AM
georg

If you find fabric with a plumbing theme, gimme a shout. If you can find
something with actual privies (outhouses) on it, let me know or send it
this way and I will send you squishies back. I'm plumbing obsessed, but
fortunately it's still mildly so. I have been continuing the family
hobby of privy history research.

Anything else I adore isn't so hard to find.

-georg

Old March 22nd 04, 11:58 AM
Royce

What a great idea! I'm always looking for:

new & interesting novelty stuff for I Spy projects,
fall colored homespuns & flannels for the fall/pumpkin chenille quilt in my
head
stripes for the Cabin Tracks project
scraps, scraps & more scraps for charity & personal projects
--
Royce
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Old March 22nd 04, 12:40 PM
Queen of Squishies

I am collecting music fabric currently, although in the new directory my
favorite color is listed as "stars". I need a variety of colors, anything
that has music notes on it, or composers names, or pianos. Not other
instruments though. Yes, for this I am thoroughly prejudiced to my own
instrument. LOL!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar