Whatcha Looking For?

Old March 21st 04, 06:07 PM
Mystified One

Thanks! I've been surfing for it all morning!

"Dannielle" wrote in message
Daisy Kingdom stopped carrying the fabrics. But here's what I found:

http://www.raggedy-ann.com/newfabric.html

Or there's ebay. I can usually find Raggedy Ann fabrics there too....

Good luck!
Dannielle

"Mystified One" wrote in message
raggedy ann and andy.

My brother and his wife are finally expecting, and that's how they want

do their nursery.

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
news
In a few previous posts people have been offering bits of their

stashes
applicants. Im not doing that here. A few people spoke out looking for
specific fabrics, pigs, elephants to name a few, so... I was

wondering...
What sort of fabrics is everyone looking for? Do you have a need some

bugs,
or cars? Could you use a butterfly or two, or would a wacky wizard

possibly
do? Are you needing bright pink spirals or tetrahedron shaped guitars?

Is
your latest project lacking orange lollipops or spectacular colored

stars?
Please fill us in and let us know, in case we get an urge, or see a

certain
something, its a good excuse to splurge!
Ok.. rhyme done. If you post I will keep a little list in case I find
something that suits your need. I bet others might just keep a list

too!
This doesnt take the place of the directory. That has a much broader

listing
of likes and dislikes. This is for current, or soon to be ... or still
collecting for projects ....
Diana, hoping she doesnt miss any posts on this one.

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old March 21st 04, 06:33 PM
dqlts

Fabrics with smurfs or smurfette , Our 20th wedding anniv. is this year and
the smurfs have special meaning for us.
Dianain Dallas

Old March 21st 04, 06:43 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"LN \(remove NOSPAM\)" wrote:

I'm looking for the kind that are sewn into finished quilts. If you don't
already have my addy, just email me.

Ooooooh! LN, you are *so* good!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old March 21st 04, 08:56 PM
Diana Curtis

Ohhhh lets see. All I can think of is purples.. true scraps included...
and novelties that reflect the theme: Things go Better with Coke (cola.. not
powder).
So far with that theme in mind I have been given lovely candies, m&ms,
canadian flags, cup cakes, rpg video game characters, hersheys chocolates.
and of course, coca cola bottles. Id love some pizza, and a picnic sort of
fabric... and burgers and fries.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Pat in Virginia" wrote
Oh, what a fun topic Diana! I think most quilters have 'pet
subjects' that we seek to add to our stash or to a specific
project. What is *your* preference, Ms. D?

Old March 21st 04, 09:09 PM
Jalynne

Good thread, Diana. I'm looking for small pieces...5" square...ocean themes,
animals, especially seahorses.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list
See what DH is up to at http://www.teamintraining.org/participant/kinney-162652

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
news
In a few previous posts people have been offering bits of their stashes to

Old March 21st 04, 09:21 PM
Sk8eraunt

Anything Amish! Buggies, barns, scenery. I love 'em all.

kaila
Old March 21st 04, 10:10 PM
Nancy Jones

What a great question! Thanks for asking. My stash was mostly inherited from
my wonderful MIL, so it is a lot of 1970s calicos and very small
microprints! There are a fair amount of tone-on-tone muted colors from the
1990s too. I'm hoping to improve my stash with both contemporary bright
cotton prints and marbles and old retro fabrics, a la the 1930s vintage
reprints. Opposite ends of the spectrum, eh? Any size, any amount finds its
way into my stash. Pretty much never met a fabric I didn't like!

So, for any of you that have bright prints and retro fabric and just can't
imagine what you'd use them for, just picture me sitting in a lawn chair by
the mailbox. And anyone burning for some calico, just let me know.

Nancy in Livemore, CA
(Remove NOSPAM to reply)

Old March 21st 04, 11:28 PM
Sharon Harper

Oh heck! I have no idea. I love anything blue or green. But I've just
been given a whole heapa purpley type ones - but I could do with more of
these if'n I wanna make a quilt. I guess I'm more of a traditionalist,
although I do love my brights. Heck if you're gonna send YOU CHOOSE - that
way when I use it in a quilt I'll remember YOU because you chose the fabric
you loved.

Sounds good to me! And the corn, bacon, beef and vegie soup simmering on
the stove SMELLS good to me!!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

Old March 22nd 04, 12:37 AM
melinda

Diana Curtis wrote:
[...]

I'm collecting for a quilt for DH, I'm not sure if I have enough autumn
greens and browns. It's a scrap quilt, so small bits are great.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old March 22nd 04, 12:50 AM
Paulette

Primitive folk art stuff - bunnies, crows and willow trees are my favorites
And of course, the Civil War and earlier fabrics.

Paulette in WV